Darth Revan

To end the Reven in the unknown regions plot, so the MMO doesn't have to involve Reven at all.

Which is why the MMO doesn't even have to involve the previous two KOTOR games.

I'm sure you'll hear lots of talk of the events WE KNOW ABOUT though. Such as Revan beating Malak and what not.

The Mandalorian Wars and stuff.

Except that Bioware has stated that they want to make the game a sequel to the Kotor games (if only in spirit). My guess is that the Jedi will be venerate Revan and try to follow in his image, while the Sith will either be taught his actions in the unknown regions and thus hate him or they will venerate what he was before his "incident" with bastila.

Stated? More like, vaguely mentioned.

Its all the MMO industry speaking. None of it can be taken for dead fact until they release (LA by "they) a statement saying, "SHUT UP ABOUT KOTOR III, NO ITS NOT HAPPENING."

Edited by Albion72

• 2 weeks later...
Except that Bioware has stated that they want to make the game a sequel to the Kotor games (if only in spirit). My guess is that the Jedi will be venerate Revan and try to follow in his image, while the Sith will either be taught his actions in the unknown regions and thus hate him or they will venerate what he was before his "incident" with bastila.

I total disagree. I bet they will avoid Revan like the plague. The best we get is a mere mention that Revan fell to the DS and was redeemed from it and killed Malak, but likely not even that. The reason for it is that KoTOR1 can end with Revan as LS or DS. and in KoTOR2 there is a part that tells you the Bastilla and Revan lead the Sith (holocrom in the old sith academy, normally is broken but not always). Therefore to put him in TOR assumes too much.

I total disagree. I bet they will avoid Revan like the plague. The best we get is a mere mention that Revan fell to the DS and was redeemed from it and killed Malak, but likely not even that. The reason for it is that KoTOR1 can end with Revan as LS or DS. and in KoTOR2 there is a part that tells you the Bastilla and Revan lead the Sith (holocrom in the old sith academy, normally is broken but not always). Therefore to put him in TOR assumes too much.

the "cannon" ending that most people work off of is that revan was a lightside male. Obsidian decided that they wanted to let the player choose how revan grew in K1 (lightside/darkside and gender being the two biggest points). The sith holocron you found I believe only works when you have Revan DS male. Anyway, Bioware will probably have revan be revered because in pop culture he's got a following larger than any other Jedi or Sith from that time period.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

the "cannon" ending that most people work off of is that revan was a lightside male. Obsidian decided that they wanted to let the player choose how revan grew in K1 (lightside/darkside and gender being the two biggest points). The sith holocron you found I believe only works when you have Revan DS male. Anyway, Bioware will probably have revan be revered because in pop culture he's got a following larger than any other Jedi or Sith from that time period.

I assume you mean a DS male exile, but there are more options then that, because you can still has a DS male Exile and have Bastilla LS. But the fact comes down to is both Bioware and Obsidian left the characters completely open to what happens at the end. The only thing we know for sure is Revan left known space and did not return (we don't even know that much of the exile). IMO you will be disappointed if you expect Revan to be significant in the TOR lore.

I assume you mean a DS male exile, but there are more options then that, because you can still has a DS male Exile and have Bastilla LS. But the fact comes down to is both Bioware and Obsidian left the characters completely open to what happens at the end. The only thing we know for sure is Revan left known space and did not return (we don't even know that much of the exile). IMO you will be disappointed if you expect Revan to be significant in the TOR lore.

No, I'm saying that the sith holocron that Exile finds only works (I think, it's been a while) when Revan is selected as DS male. and besides revan would be easy to venerate. He's been on both sides of the tracks (a Jedi and a Sith) prior to Kotor 1 and he's also got body armor that makes him androgynous. So theoretically you could get a way without defining him. I however think they will define him at least a little so that they can get work out of him. He is after all their character so they can do what they want with him.

No, I'm saying that the sith holocron that Exile finds only works (I think, it's been a while) when Revan is selected as DS male. and besides revan would be easy to venerate. He's been on both sides of the tracks (a Jedi and a Sith) prior to Kotor 1 and he's also got body armor that makes him androgynous. So theoretically you could get a way without defining him. I however think they will define him at least a little so that they can get work out of him. He is after all their character so they can do what they want with him.

It would be easy to mention what he did and venerate what he did to help the Republic, but of course we still don't know what he did AFTER that when he left. Some people might be angry about the great leader Revan leaving and not helping rebuild the Republic, especially when they don't know what he knows.

It would be easy to mention what he did and venerate what he did to help the Republic, but of course we still don't know what he did AFTER that when he left. Some people might be angry about the great leader Revan leaving and not helping rebuild the Republic, especially when they don't know what he knows.

I still think they will be incredibly vague if they mention Revan. Too many possibilities. Revan could have been male or female LS or DS, the savior of the republic or its crippler. How do you get into a character like that without bugging someone. it is much saver to just leave Revan alone or make Revan horribly vague (which will also offend people).

I still think they will be incredibly vague if they mention Revan. Too many possibilities. Revan could have been male or female LS or DS, the savior of the republic or its crippler. How do you get into a character like that without bugging someone. it is much saver to just leave Revan alone or make Revan horribly vague (which will also offend people).

they have enough that they can reference him pretty easily without most people getting ticked. LA has clearly stated that Revan was a lightside male, add 300 years to what he might or might not have done, and you could possibly make him into a pop culture icon who killed a million sith, could cause entire planets to move about in space, and give away an orphan at her wedding at the same time, simply because the tale gets embellished and he becomes legendary. I mean 300 years ago we hit the enlightenment and the scientific revolution, and now we tell stories, write novels, and watch movies about them because of the possiblities. (pirates also ruled the gulf of mexico) We also make up characters or change the ones that exsist to make them larger than life. I think the one drawback to Star Wars as a universe is that there is no real scientific progress. Well... there kinda is, the tech is always the same basic stuff but the older it is the less powerful it is.

Anywho, off to bed for work in a few hours.

they have enough that they can reference him pretty easily without most people getting ticked. LA has clearly stated that Revan was a lightside male, add 300 years to what he might or might not have done, and you could possibly make him into a pop culture icon who killed a million sith, could cause entire planets to move about in space, and give away an orphan at her wedding at the same time, simply because the tale gets embellished and he becomes legendary. I mean 300 years ago we hit the enlightenment and the scientific revolution, and now we tell stories, write novels, and watch movies about them because of the possiblities. (pirates also ruled the gulf of mexico) We also make up characters or change the ones that exsist to make them larger than life. I think the one drawback to Star Wars as a universe is that there is no real scientific progress. Well... there kinda is, the tech is always the same basic stuff but the older it is the less powerful it is.

Anywho, off to bed for work in a few hours.

True he is LS Male but to some people Revan will always be a female, or Revan will ALWAYS be Dark Side, its THEIR Revan. So if they mention LS Male Revan saving the Republic some people would be like, "Eh! Thats a load'o crap mate!"

well Revan will be barely be mention anyways but if he is. Bioware/LA will go with canon. or make a lot of bull**** up to cover all of the base with contradiction within the game that is intention to confuse the players.

Or they will barely mention Revan enough that the people who here about him but have never played the KOTOR games will go out, get KOTOR 1, say, "WOW!", get KOTOR 2, and then want a KOTOR 3. Lol. YEAH!

well Revan will be barely be mention anyways but if he is. Bioware/LA will go with canon. or make a lot of bull**** up to cover all of the base with contradiction within the game that is intention to confuse the players.

Or they will barely mention Revan enough that the people who here about him but have never played the KOTOR games will go out, get KOTOR 1, say, "WOW!", get KOTOR 2, and then want a KOTOR 3. Lol. YEAH!

LOL one can dream. Even in KoTOR2 Revan was barely mentioned, and it was done in a vague enough way that the player could chose what Revan was to the player. For people like me, who did not play KoTOR before playing KoTOR2 it was just enough background to put things together, which was the real pint. In TOR there will be no need of Revan, so why put "him" in and risk angering people. 300 years later few people will care about "him" except that "he" once beat the sith back into unknown space.

Wow i have no idea why I am suprised that this is still up.How long has it been sense ive been off sense september. Well anywho I didnt play Kotor untill i played the 2nd after i beat the secound i had the urge to play the first.So i went to a friends. In the 2nd i didnt even listen to what they had to say at the start i jsut clicked on a random answer that went well with my first answer or the path i chose.

(Welcomes self back)

"Sometimes truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded."

LOL one can dream. Even in KoTOR2 Revan was barely mentioned, and it was done in a vague enough way that the player could chose what Revan was to the player. For people like me, who did not play KoTOR before playing KoTOR2 it was just enough background to put things together, which was the real pint. In TOR there will be no need of Revan, so why put "him" in and risk angering people. 300 years later few people will care about "him" except that "he" once beat the sith back into unknown space.

Good point hehe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest The Architect
Revan looked like he was using a form thats just swinging a lightsaber(s) around.

Yeah, it's called the "If I don't swing this ****in thing at my enemies I'm dead ****in meat!" form.

He knows Chuck-nen-do.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"