Darth Revan

Well he was pretty cool, but I have no proof that he went of to fight any Sith. For all I know he went off and got lost because there was no one.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Well he was pretty cool, but I have no proof that he went of to fight any Sith. For all I know he went off and got lost because there was no one.

Kreia said it was Revan's intentions to go and battle the True Sith in the uknown regions, and that he had to leave all he loved behind to do it.

Why should i believe anything Kreia says? Revan could have lied and gone off because he didnt like bastila.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Why should i believe anything Kreia says? Revan could have lied and gone off because he didnt like bastila.

1. Your dialogue dictates whether or not Revan likes Bastila. You can choose to hate her but canon SW says Revan and Bastila fell in love. So this is out of the question.

2. Wasn't Revan the one who found out about the True Sith? Kreia just knows that Revan found out. Revan wouldn't leave known space for any little deal, especially if he was a hero.

I do think during his time as the dark lord of the sith, he had pissed off a lot of people. Then again as a Jedi, He pissed off the Jedi Council by going into the Mandalorian wars.

So A quite a few of Jedi Hunters will be on his ass regardless of the True Sith Empire threat. So Him disappearing is a good thing and thus we have the Lovely Exile.

Charismatic, Maybe, Just enough to get a third of the Entire Republic fleet but that is it.

And I am using the term dumbass loosely here. Even if Revan fell inlove with Bastila Shan, it is not impossible for either of them to fall out of love and fall into love with other people.

Between Malak and Revan, whom do you think was the "Face" of the Duo? As in the face, I mean both more visible and popular of the two.

I do think that Malak is the more popular with the Jedi and thus that is why many jedi joined them.

I always imagined that Malak had a better speaking voice and actually better looking than Revan. But I do think that both of them compliment each other very well.

I do think that Revan is a good speech writer but don't have as nice of a voice that Malak does nor have a stage presence.

For example, I do think Obama is both has a great speaking voice and good stage presence. Those two thing have help him a lot to get the presidency. So I do feel that Malak is the face of the Revan/Malak duo.

Good Looks,good speaking voice and a great stage presence will get you very far in the political field and sway the massives

I've said it before, but it's weak analysis that assumes too many lies. I loved the stuff the guy on wylfing.net pulled, analysing the Matrix movies while assuming basically that everyone tells the truth to each other - and to the audience.

This is a particularly easy trap with someone as deceptive as Kreia, because to distrust her is perfectly justified. But the problem is if we don't draw a line and just assume everything she said is a lie, the story becomes meaningless and we can propose any idea we imagine just by seeing all evidence to the contrary as a lie.

People don't act that way, out of a sheer desire to manipulate. Kreia was not just a set of illusions - she was also a real person behind the illusion, and that person wanted something, that should be reflected somewhat in her words and actions.

There are hints to it. When for instance the Exile notices [Awareness] that she is afraid, that is because she is. When Atton notices she cares about the Exile and what the Exile thinks, that's because she does. When everything about Kreia speaks of her being a teacher, a mentor, that's because she is one, and things she teaches about are important to her - among that an understanding of the Sith, including the True Sith.

At least that's how I see it.

Edited by Markus Ramikin

I've said it before, but it's weak analysis that assumes too many lies. I loved the stuff the guy on wylfing.net pulled, analysing the Matrix movies while assuming basically that everyone tells the truth to each other - and to the audience.

This is a particularly easy trap with someone as deceptive as Kreia, because to distrust her is perfectly justified. But the problem is if we don't draw a line and just assume everything she said is a lie, the story becomes meaningless and we can propose any idea we imagine just by seeing all evidence to the contrary as a lie.

People don't act that way, out of a sheer desire to manipulate. Kreia was not just a set of illusions - she was also a real person behind the illusion, and that person wanted something, that should be reflected somewhat in her words and actions.

There are hints to it. When for instance the Exile notices [Awareness] that she is afraid, that is because she is. When Atton notices she cares about the Exile and what the Exile thinks, that's because she does. When everything about Kreia speaks of her being a teacher, a mentor, that's because she is one, and things she teaches about are important to her - among that an understanding of the Sith, including the True Sith.

I agree with this post completely. Kreia was not your cheap two-bit liar who said her name was Jenna instead of Kreia. She deceived you by telling you she was Kreia instead of Darth Traya, but it was all part of her plan. After you find out who she really is and confront her, there really is no reason for her to lie to you. Especially when you defeat her in combat, and get to ask her all those questions before she dies. There is no reason for lies during that moment. Sure she could lie about Revan, but what good would that do? Its either:

a. She told the truth about Revan, in which case you don't know where he is or what he is doing.

b. She lied, in which you don't know where he is, or what he is doing.

c. She could have never have spoken of him, in which you would STILL not know where he was, or what he was doing.

I agree with this post completely. Kreia was not your cheap two-bit liar who said her name was Jenna instead of Kreia. She deceived you by telling you she was Kreia instead of Darth Traya, but it was all part of her plan. After you find out who she really is and confront her, there really is no reason for her to lie to you. Especially when you defeat her in combat, and get to ask her all those questions before she dies. There is no reason for lies during that moment. Sure she could lie about Revan, but what good would that do? Its either:

a. She told the truth about Revan, in which case you don't know where he is or what he is doing.

b. She lied, in which you don't know where he is, or what he is doing.

c. She could have never have spoken of him, in which you would STILL not know where he was, or what he was doing.

She was always egging the exile on to explore the possibilities of his actions. WHY would she not keep doing so even as she was about to die? Revan's reasons for going into the unknown regions depend on his alignment set by you during your atton speech. Either he goes to stop the "True" sith or he goes to unite the "true" sith. Either way it's just as likely he got lost and didn't find any civilization worth a crap and thus was living like Robinson Caruso after his ship crapped out.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

What? No, no matter what path Revan chose it was always to stop the True Sith. As Sith Lord he knew they would come and was preparing the galaxy for the coming war. He realized that the republic was too weak to face the threat.

Kreia, the Disciple and GO-TO all hint at this, by telling you how Revan left key military factories and fortified planets intact - he knew there wouldn't be time to rebuild. Kreia even goes so far to hint that Revan chose to fall and sacrifice himself to the dark side to ultimately save the galaxy from the True Sith.

Fortune favors the bald.

I agree with this assessment. Plotwise it seems to me that TSL was always meant to deal with Revan in a way that would make sense regardless of whether the dark or light side ending were chosen at the end of the first game. The way to do that was to create an obstacle that would be a threat to both good and evil Revan. Enter the true Sith, who are definite danger to both LS Revan's beloved Republic and DS Revan's new empire. In either case, this threat cannot be ignored.

It also served the problem of getting Revan out of TSL's plot. It's a mystery what happened to him or her, and there is this unspoken promise that you'll find out throughout the game. Plus it serves the double purpose of being so big a threat that even the exile will end up leaving to destroy it, regardless of which side of the force she or he ended up on.

No, we don't actually know that Revan and even the exile left to stop the true Sith, but the circumstantial evidence in TSL leans pretty heavily towards that conclusion.

I agree with this assessment. Plotwise it seems to me that TSL was always meant to deal with Revan in a way that would make sense regardless of whether the dark or light side ending were chosen at the end of the first game. The way to do that was to create an obstacle that would be a threat to both good and evil Revan. Enter the true Sith, who are definite danger to both LS Revan's beloved Republic and DS Revan's new empire. In either case, this threat cannot be ignored.

It also served the problem of getting Revan out of TSL's plot. It's a mystery what happened to him or her, and there is this unspoken promise that you'll find out throughout the game. Plus it serves the double purpose of being so big a threat that even the exile will end up leaving to destroy it, regardless of which side of the force she or he ended up on.

No, we don't actually know that Revan and even the exile left to stop the true Sith, but the circumstantial evidence in TSL leans pretty heavily towards that conclusion.

Yeah. And I highly doubt someone as intelligent as Revan would not know what he was doing when he left known space. "Getting lost" seems a bit non-Revanish to me.

Maybe Reven took a vacation. :aiee:

I can foresee it now.

July 17th, 2009

"Lucas Arts announces what Revan actually did in the unknown regions when he left there. Here is what they have to say."

"Revan took a vacation, got tired of politics."

"THE END!"

Man thats a real slap in the face to anyone who likes the plot.

(DeathScepter @ Nov 30 2008, 12:45 AM)

maybe he said to **** it all and get lost. Even atton said everyone needs to get lost every once in a while.

Maybe Reven became emo and decided living wasn't an option.:shifty:

Always knowing the answer doesn't make you smart, but being able to discover the answer does.

• 2 weeks later...
To end the Reven in the unknown regions plot, so the MMO doesn't have to involve Reven at all.

Which is why the MMO doesn't even have to involve the previous two KOTOR games.

I'm sure you'll hear lots of talk of the events WE KNOW ABOUT though. Such as Revan beating Malak and what not.

The Mandalorian Wars and stuff.

To end the Reven in the unknown regions plot, so the MMO doesn't have to involve Reven at all.

Which is why the MMO doesn't even have to involve the previous two KOTOR games.

I'm sure you'll hear lots of talk of the events WE KNOW ABOUT though. Such as Revan beating Malak and what not.

The Mandalorian Wars and stuff.

Except that Bioware has stated that they want to make the game a sequel to the Kotor games (if only in spirit). My guess is that the Jedi will be venerate Revan and try to follow in his image, while the Sith will either be taught his actions in the unknown regions and thus hate him or they will venerate what he was before his "incident" with bastila.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.