Darth Revan

This Old Republic online game is the perfect excuse for them to jump ship and evade the sinking of KotOR2 that they created in the first place. They'll swim to shore and never look back. Besides, it's nearly four years since KotOR2 came out, with a generation of young ****ers who probably got on the 360 bandwagon and never touched KotOR2 back in the day, you just feel that nothing is going to spark life back into it.

If a franchise comes without a sequel for too long, it certainly becomes progressively more difficult to revive it.

Well then we are not trying hard enough. We need to have a protest in front of Obisidian entertainments Headquarters.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I was also being serious, and responding to your post in that way, due to the fact that I too am unsure whether George is still in charge.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

Whatever George says goes. Period. Whether he bothers about Revan to the point of even being aware of the character's existence is a good question, though. But if George says there has to be a game to tie up Revan's fate, then there will be. If George says a movie must be made about Revan, then there will be. But he probably doesn't care either way...

We have a thread for the MMO and KOTOR3, which was my point - it's accetable, and quite common, that discussions from one thread drift into an already existing one that covers the subject better.

But I know how discussions drift off in different directions, it's just my job to make sure that the trains go in the right directions. :thumbsup:

Fortune favors the bald.

Whatever George says goes. Period. Whether he bothers about Revan to the point of even being aware of the character's existence is a good question, though. But if George says there has to be a game to tie up Revan's fate, then there will be. If George says a movie must be made about Revan, then there will be. But he probably doesn't care either way...

After the Clone Wars, I'm afraid a movie about Revan would give him dumb lines like, "Better luck next time!" and, "Prepare to meet your death!"

Hehehehe.

George doesnt care about Revan, but it would be pretty cool if he did.

revan did appear in kotor 2 as a vision, but it made no sense, since the exile had never seen "dark revan" as he was portrayed, since revan was still a jedi until malachor.

No, or at least not quite as I think you're suggesting. Because it sounds to me that by "until Malachor" you're suggesting until the final battle on Malachor V when the Mandalorian fleet was destroyed and the Mandalorian Wars ended. But Revan was there before then.

Part IX: Darth Revan Rising

Time frame: 3,963 B.B.Y.

Period name: Knights of the Old Republic

It is a period of turmoil in the Galaxy. The fierce Mandalorian warrior race begins the MANDALORIAN WAR by viciously and simultaneously attacking three quadrants of Republic space. As the battle rages on, Jedi Master REVAN moves surreptitiously between unknown sectors, scouting for potential strongholds to withstand the attacks. He soon discovers the shadowy Malachor V, a planet listed by Mandalorian scholars as "forbidden" to step foot on. The reason for this soon becomes clear as Revan is almost devoured by primal Sith forces on the world's surface. Revan's will allows him to feed on (and not be consumed by) the power of the dark side. Revan develops an evil but brilliant plan: Using the dark power of Malachor V, he will seduce an army of Jedi, completely loyal to him alone. He will then turn the planet's evil power against the Mandalorian army in battle, luring them to his stronghold and destroying them completely. A stronghold is immediately constructed.

Note that this is takes place in 3963 BBY, three years before the Battle of Malachor V and then end of the Mandalorian Wars in 3960 BBY and a full seven years before the events of KotOR1 in 3956 BBY.

From the above it is also clear that Revan had already turned to the dark side in 3963 BBY at his first visit til Malachor V.

If by "Dark Revan" you mean Revan's Sith clothing, unlike the standard jedi robe, then remember that Revan wore those even before the end of the Mandalorian Wars. Our evidence is Juhani, who explains she was freed by Revan's jedi, when the pushed the Mandalorians out of Taris and the Exchange driven out, which - according to Wookieepedia's timeline - happened in 3961 BBY, a year before the end of the Mandalorian Wars. Juhani specifically mentions Revan's face-covering clothes, which is why she does not recognize him until his true identity is revealed during the game.

What does it matter anyway? KotOR3 is dead. Revan is dead. It's over. If we get another single player KotOR game, it will have nothing to do with KotOR and KotOR2, mark my words. It's obvious to blind Freddy Lucas Farts want the story of KotOR2 to die and stay dead.

This is unfortunately true.

This is fortunately not true.

• 2 weeks later...