February 2009

TGS would be the best moment to reveal it. I mean, after that there aren't many expos are there?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Not for SEGA atleast, i guess.

So, how about it? Cinematric trailer + small walkthrough + media preview coverage. Yes/no?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I meant fanbase wise. I don't know much about these things (and I'm still talking about it, WIN) but it seems more logical to put it where you have a large fanbase. :ermm:

The thing that I would like to know more about is how they'll walk the fine line that they need to walk in how much their skill system influences. That's the part they're most likely to screw up as I imagine it is quite hard.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

• 3 weeks later...
Hopefully, they're playing their cards close to their chest. I've not known Obsidian to provide a lot of pre-release coverage on their titles in the past either.

Mr Josh has stated many a time that he personally thinks too much coverage too early is a bad thing, that said there has been coverage in the past.

The Aliens RPG was announced early in my opinion.

The project I am currently working on at Codemasters is at around a similar phase in production, yet we're still playing it hush hush, so announcing Aliens seems out of character, but it could have something to do with the fact Sega has two aliens products and there is a whole cross polynation thing.

It may be a budget thing... Unsure. Perhaps they're saving the marketing budget for something big, but it's likely all in the hands of Sega, and not Obsidian.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!