Members of the forum who are no more

Hildegard

Yeah, the American Government probably silenced him because of the truth that he taught.

Yeah, that or he realized no one cared about his opinions.

I think this is the correct answer. And what opinions they were too. The USA is the source of all evil in the world, George Bush masterminded 9-11, there is no such thing as radical islam, Americans are all evil and the world would be a much better place if we all just went out and shot ourselves. Actually I thought he as an alt for Nur Ab Sal who seemed to believe a lot of the same things.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Yuusha surprised me in that he really refused to answer any of the questions we posed to him. Also, most of us were willing to agree that Israel and the US deserve a chunk of blame for the problems that plague the Middle East, but he was die hard about putting the entire blame on the Western devils. I'm still waiting for an answer to why more Muslims don't take a stand against suicide bombings and the targeting of civilians.

I wouldnt mind knowing the answer to Hurlshot's question.

I don't mean to imply that there aren't plenty of Muslims working to stop terrorism and making it clear that these fundamentalists aren't true Muslims, I'm just surprised that there isn't a widespread movement to end civilian targeting.

I wouldnt mind knowing the answer to Hurlshot's question.

I don't mean to imply that there aren't plenty of Muslims working to stop terrorism and making it clear that these fundamentalists aren't true Muslims, I'm just surprised that there isn't a widespread movement to end civilian targeting.

Did you see any widespread movements speaking out against Protestant or Catholic violence in Northern Ireland? I don't think that meant catholics or protestants are terrorists.

EDIT: Of course there were anti-terrorism groups on all sides. Just one which campaigns against muslim extremism in the UK is the Quilliam Foundation.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Guest The Architect

My answer would be fear. Even though the non terrorist Muslims are in the majority, maybe many of them are afraid that if they spoke out against the terrorists the terrorists would target them and their families, too, because they'd be considered "traitors".

And yes, I know this is what I should've said earlier. Even if I hadn't of taken out the joke at least you would've known that it was.

Edited by The Architect

My answer would be fear. Even though the non terrorist Muslims are in the majority, maybe many of them are afraid that if they spoke out against the terrorists the terrorists would target them and their families, too, because they'd be considered "traitors".

It's certainly true that in general the terrorists spend most of their time terrorising 'their own' people. Compare the figures of US casualties with those for Iraqis or Afghans. Disappearances, 'example' killings, kangaroo courts... similar stuff was done by the IRA. A friend's father had his legs shattered by terrorists for not paying 'the proper respect'. W***ers.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

LOL! :huh:

those two seem to show up in pairs, don't they...

taks

I can vouch that they are in fact two different people though.

Yeah, but they share each others login info so I think Llyr (the more insane of the two) likes to post, then login with Nick's ID and second whatver he wrote originally. Or he argues with himself.

oooookkkkkaaaaay. ahem.

i could never be accused of seconding my own posts. rarely does anyone agree with me, or vice versa. :huh:

i would probably be too obvious if i argued with myself, too.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Frequently they are both online at the same time (and I'm not talking in Obsidian either)

They have Internet Forum LAN Parties with eacho ther.

Whose alt is Random Noob again?

He's not an alt so much as an account swap.

Re Yuusha: I did not like him. He was an extremist.

The frightening thing is that in fact Yuusha was not an extremist.

-Elwood Blues