TV: Heroes

Gfted1

I dont think shes dead-dead. Didnt Parkman have a vision of him and her all married with a kid or something like that? So, applying the same logic they used on Hiro (he must be alive as Ando kills him in the future) I think that at some point Hiro will get his powers back and do a reboot on her dying. Or shes not dead at all and they just left that part hanging as you never see her definitively die.

In the future that Matt & Daphne were married with child, Sylar and Peter were still brothers... so no, I don't think that having seen them in the future before means anything about what's going on now.

At the beginning of each "season" they give us a vision of the future somehow, and then spend the rest of that season making sure that vision doesn't come true. In making sure that future doesn't happen it derails all possible future visions that went with it. I.E. Tracey being the First Lady to Nathan's President. Not saying it couldn't happen still, (especially since it might have been the 3rd twin and not Tracey) but it's definitely not this timeline anymore.

Season 1: The bomb did not go off in NYC, forcing Peter and Nikki into a relationship and Hiro into a dark and vigilante style terrorist.

Season 2: The virus was not released in Manhattan, wiping out the population and the bomb didn't go off in Casa Verde, killing future Daphne who was married to Matt.

Season 3: (Part 1 Villians) The general populations were not given superpowers and therefore the world was not torn apart by rampant misuse of said powers and likely undid the future where Ando kills Hiro.

Just because we've seen it in the future doesn't mean it's going to happen.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

I'm getting kind of tired of the constant reboots with this series. I liked the opener to volume 4. Mondays episode was kind of a let down with the same **** happening all over again : Claire whining, Nathan making those 'hard moral choices' and Ali Larter still being a useless actress, no matter which character they script her as.

They need some new female blood in this series. It's too much of a sausage party.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Guest The Architect

I've only seen the first 8 episodes of the 1st season of Heroes so far, so I'm a fair way behind, but so far so good. I heard the 2nd season is quite a let down, but the 3rd season is picking itself back up again. The characters are great, I even like the self absorbed prick Nathan. My favourite character so far is Noah just because he's so awesomely deceitful and clever.

Edited by The Architect

^ The first season is the best.

If you can rent out the second season on dvd, it's good to see on the special features disc what they had in store before the writers strike happened. They had to wrap up the second season which is why it's a let down. Also, they actually filmed a couple of episodes that never went to air and it's good to see those scenes where the season would have went.

The third season is okay.

Guest The Architect

Aha.

So it was actually the first 7 episodes of Heroes I saw, I just watched the 8th, I thought Claire's dad was up to something sinister, but I thought wrong.

Yeah so what would have been sweet is if Sylar didn't save him, and then he found his dad, and then his dad was like "He's your brother" and then Sylar went back and saved the kid because he was his brother. That would have been cool.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

But this time they mean business!

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Girlfriend was angry that Parkman didn't just make all the soldiers see someone else in the hotel room instead of letting them capture him. She also pointed out that the mutant hunters probably aren't going to make the "Hrmm, his dad had abilities... his brother has abilities, his daughter has abilities.... maybe he has abilities too!" connection with Nathan. They'll see him use his abilities or something first, even though thats a much more logical way to find out.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The bald guy already guessed Nathan has abilities. I also agree with Oerwinde's girlfriend on Parkman's capture. It's like the show is written by mentally impaired people.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Well, Jeph Loeb was involved with the show. Now that he's off season 4 should really pick up.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Last night's episode wasn't too bad. I'm more convinced than ever that Noah is Rebel... but then again with all the hacking and such I suppose it could be Nikki's kid (Micah?) as well.

I do still wish they'd quit with the multiple timeline reboots and bringing multiple people back from the dead... (I'm pretty damn sure that the puppetteer guy died at the end of last season... didn't he?)... and I'd like for Peter to be able to retain at least a few powers at a time... and Matt needs to stop making the weird face when he's "concentrating"... and Claire needs to stop falling for every young-ish fellow that comes her way... and Nathan *really* needs to stop flip-flopping his position so constantly...

But I found last night's episode to be fairly entertaining, overall. I really liked Mrs. Bennett showing her strong side and I liked Peter enjoying himself on the break in. The Sylar development was interesting, but I'm kinda with the kid on the "you're the most powerful guy in the world, what do you need your father for?" sentiment. But I guess we have issues to resolve before we figure out if we want to be good Sylar or bad Sylar. I like Chaotic Neutral Sylar the best myself...

I prefer evil Sylar and I wish he would have just killed Microwave Boy at the end. I do agree on Peter though and he definately needs to be repowered to stand up to Sylar. Every Yin needs a Yang after all. Now pretty much every episode thats Claire-centric makes me want to :)

Well, I guess Sylar's on a mission now. No more small game for him... woot! It'll be nice to see him whoop up on some bad guys...

And I still want to know what the hunter's power is... Mrs. Petrelli seemed to have some idea.

This episode was better than the last few. I still don't think they can save Heroes. There is too much baggage, all the characters are pretty much played out. Even if you play it down, Nathan has still done more flip-flopping than most real politicians and both Peter and Claire survived a NUCLEAR explosion while a bullet to the "back of the head" will put them down...

Well, I guess Sylar's on a mission now. No more small game for him... woot! It'll be nice to see him whoop up on some bad guys...

Sylar rocks. I was a little surprised he didnt take his fathers powers. Whats the story with him, can he now absorb powers via proximity like they showed in the episode where he takes Electric Girls power while they are in the cell together or not?

And I still want to know what the hunter's power is... Mrs. Petrelli seemed to have some idea.

The hunter being the bald guy after all the heroes? I dont think he has one. Mrs. Petrelli power, iirc, is mind reading so I think she just read his mind and found some deep dark secret about something bad he did back in the day.

Edited by Gfted1

I thought Mrs. Petrelli had visions / dreams about the future? And the way she implied that she was surprised he survived left me with the distinct feeling that *something* wasn't quite right. Perhaps the incident referenced is like the apartment fire that "killed" Claire's birth mom. Actually caused by the hunter himself and the reason why 1) he survived and 2) is so hell bent on taking out everyone with any special powers.

I get the impression that Sylar *could* take someone's powers without killing them if he were inclined to, but it takes a lot more work and time to do so. Since he doesn't care about life generally speaking, it's not worth the effort. I was also surprised he didn't dig around and try to figure out what all his father could do, though. Surely there was *something* he'd picked up over the years that would have been worth learning.

Yeah Ms. Petrelli has dreams about the future. And I don't know what makes you think the "hunter" guy that is leading the thing has any powers. I was also pretty unsatisfied with Sylar meeting his dad. There was a lot of potentil for some good character development in there, but it ended up just being him doing pretty much what he always does, and now he is going off to do what he always does again. I actually thought it was kind of cool that they were starting to draw paralells between Claire and Noah, but I mean, now she's being hunted so I guess that's over, and it probably will continue being a chore to watch any scene with her in it.

From the scene in the restaurant I just got the impression Mama Petrelli knew about something bad Danko (the hunter guy) had done in the past, something like he tried to do with Parkman.

And what was that nonsense with the baby at the end? I didn't miss the antics of Hiro and Ando at all.

How was Flippy McFloppy doing the rebel thing, does he have Micah stashed somewhere?

What's up with cheerleaders hair that they've got her in that silly blonde wig?

Why can't I stop watching this silly show?

Edited by Hell Kitty

It used to be really good, we just don't want to miss anything in case it goes back to that.