TV: Heroes

Gfted1

Well I'm not sure if they are giving (or taking away) powers or if they're interfering with something that is giving them powers, but...yeah. It does seem kinda silly.

And this from someone who regularly reads superhero comics, a genre in that media which epitomizes silly science.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Well when it started I basically saw it as an attempt to do the same type of serial superhero storytelling that modern superhero comics do. But then as someone who already read the things maybe I was more prone to seeing that analogy.

Only after a shaky first season they seem to have wronged everything they did right instead of righting everything they did wrong.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

What the Hell?!

How did dad Petrelli travel back in time 16 years?

Because he took Peters powers a few episodes ago. Also

isnt he just going to get up as soon as the mobile eclipse (the Hatain) leaves?

My TiVo stopped recording with a few seconds left on the show. What happened right after the Marine test subject stood up from the chair and walked toward the glass door?

What the Hell?!

How did dad Petrelli travel back in time 16 years?

Because he took Peters powers a few episodes ago. Also

isnt he just going to get up as soon as the mobile eclipse (the Hatain) leaves?

My TiVo stopped recording with a few seconds left on the show. What happened right after the Marine test subject stood up from the chair and walked toward the glass door?

I forgot about Peter's powers. :sorcerer:

I don

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Just watched the season premiere. The show is just getting really ****ing dumb. Why in the world would Claire try to stop Peter with a bullet, given the powers that he has? The entire drama nonsense about Claire wanting to feel human and trying to get hit by trains is simply retarded. Claires mom meets her after a long time and what she does is light a fire in her hand? WTF is that about? The entire scene with Peter joining up with the criminals seemed stupid and forced. Why would future Peter opt to shoot Nathan, put the mind reader in the middle of an African desert, and transfer his brother into a criminals body when he could just talk Nathan out of it?

Oh, and Im guessing the icewoman is Nikkis long lost twin sister.

I didn't get the start where Claire was trying to stop Peter either given Peter's powers. That didn't make sense. I'm at a loss to why the mind reader was transported to Africa as well.

Also, I don't understand why in Season 1, it was alll about saving Claire from Sylar and the whole "Save the cheerleader, save the world" thing - when we find out in Season 3, Sylar

can't kill Claire. And Sylar gets Claire's powers anyway.

. WTF? If that's the case, then the whole premise of saving Claire from Sylar in Season 1 doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

• 1 month later...
Ah, Sylar is such a badass. Loved that scene

where they tried to capture him. Wonder how many they will kill off in the impending airplane crash. Seriously, why didnt Peter just let go? He can fly after all. Im officially sick of Claire too.

Peter's powers have changed. He's kind of a one shot Rogue now. He has the powers of anyone he touches. He touched Nathan and got his flight, he touched suresh and lost his flight but gained strength. He touched Tracy and lost his strength but got her cold power. Kinda disappointing, but makes Peter less invulnerable.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the episode. hope they keep it up.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I liked the episode as well. Since Peter is holding onto Mohinder in the last scene, maybe he'll pick up some invulnerability with Suresh's power. Unless Suresh doesn't get his powers back...

Here's hoping that Nathan sticks to his current attitude for more than four episodes before they have him go off on another tangent again. He's much better as a deceitful bastard than as a pansy.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Peter's powers have changed. He's kind of a one shot Rogue now. He has the powers of anyone he touches. He touched Nathan and got his flight, he touched suresh and lost his flight but gained strength. He touched Tracy and lost his strength but got her cold power. Kinda disappointing, but makes Peter less invulnerable.

Anyway, I really enjoyed the episode. hope they keep it up.

Ah, I didnt realize that. Was that explained in-show or are you speculating?

I liked the episode as well. Since Peter is holding onto Mohinder in the last scene, maybe he'll pick up some invulnerability with Suresh's power. Unless Suresh doesn't get his powers back...

Here's hoping that Nathan sticks to his current attitude for more than four episodes before they have him go off on another tangent again. He's much better as a deceitful bastard than as a pansy.

Mohinder was never invulnerable afaik, just super strong, and we know he still has that power after ripping off the cab door and hitting the guy with it.

Mohinder was never invulnerable afaik, just super strong, and we know he still has that power after ripping off the cab door and hitting the guy with it.

Well, if the writers kept physics in mind then super strong should also mean some kind of "sturdiness". Being strong enough to rip cab

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I'm pretty sure they haven't confirmed it anywhere but it does seem like Peter can only hold one power at once. And yeah, the fact that Mohinder can hold on to Peter with his one finger lends itself to the fact that he doesn't take their power away he still just absorbs it.

I wonder who the person that got sucked out of the plane was

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

Maybe it was the Heroes equivalent of a red shirt, methinks. Too bad it wasn't Tracy Strauss/Nikki/Jessica.

I'm pretty sure the only reason Tracy and the whole triplets thing exists was everyone hated Nikki but they liked Ali Larter so they made some crap up to keep her around.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm pretty sure they haven't confirmed it anywhere but it does seem like Peter can only hold one power at once. And yeah, the fact that Mohinder can hold on to Peter with his one finger lends itself to the fact that he doesn't take their power away he still just absorbs it.

I wonder who the person that got sucked out of the plane was

Peter never took anyones power, he always learns it via proximity. Prior to the most recent episode he didnt even need to touch so it does seem they greatly depowered him. Now Petrelli Sr., he was the leech.

Right I know, I was really adressing a theory I read on Heroes Wiki that said soemthing about his power now taking the other persons power. And yeah, the sucky thing is that Ali Larter is essentially acting exactly the same as she did when she was Nikki/Jessica, and her character is still annoying

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

That was the impression I got... so I have to wonder... why are they keeping Nikki/Jessica/Tracey, the ultra annoying chick, and Claire, who has become the same old tired routine again... and killing off any of the interesting women? What happened to the ultra cool St. Joan? Why do all the non Nikki - Claire heroes keep dying?

It particularly struck me at the end of the episode when it was all the men standing around the picnic table... Gah, I'm not generally a stickler on women being well represented, but this is really getting annoying.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Yeah like, I can conceivable believe they killed off Nemesis, cosidering it gives Parkman some good motivaition to go nuts and vengence crazy, and that could be interesting, but yeah, it sucks because Nemesis was one of the better female cast members. Yeah I'm getting super tired of Claire. The only reason I like her on the show is because of Noah.