Burn Notice

Cycloneman

I figured it'd be proper to start this thread off now, since the latest episode is fantastic. Go check out "Good Soldier" on hulu.com.

Burn Notice is a show about a CIA agent, Michael Westen, who is framed for a wide variety of crimes and subsequently burned by the CIA. He attempts to earn money via freelancing, while simultaneously piecing together information on who framed him.

It's also extremely good, and entertaining show. Westen deals with the various problems with ingenuity and skill, and it's extremely entertaining to watch him do so.

Man, was the last episode good or what? "As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens another man." I laughed so hard.

Edited by Cycloneman
I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

Burn Notice is a show about a CIA agent, Michael Weston, who is framed for a wide variety of crimes and subsequently burned by the CIA. He attempts to earn money via freelancing, while simultaneously piecing together information on who framed him.

It's Michael Thorton dammit! :lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

this is why i bumped the tv series thread :lol:

but yes its a great show

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

this is why i bumped the tv series thread :lol:

but yes its a great show

Yeah, I was contemplating making (another?) thread for Burn Notice considering the previous episode. It was bloody fantastic. I also liked the episode where he pretended to be a chemistry nerd with bad asthma.

Looks like we'll, have to wait a few months for the second half of the season.

Also, good to see Tricia Helfer (Carla) in something other than Battlestar: Galactics. Oh, and I was happy to see Michael Shanks in an earlier episode, too! I hope he comes back.

Edited by Krezack

They're about to show this for the first time (I think) in the UK, and I'm thinking of watching it, but having checked the wikipedia pages for it, I'm concerned the show might suffer from 'Cuddly-IRA-terrorist' syndrome. How is that character handled?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

They're about to show this for the first time (I think) in the UK, and I'm thinking of watching it, but having checked the wikipedia pages for it, I'm concerned the show might suffer from 'Cuddly-IRA-terrorist' syndrome. How is that character handled?

Hah! :rolleyes:

It mentions Fionna was an IRA operative and that's all you hear about it, if it really worries you.

The show isn't bad, but the fact thats he's always runny around with that animated skeleton takes me out of the story too much. I keep wondering if they're going to tell us how they managed to raise her from the dead and how her skin got so leathery

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.