The Fringe

Hurlshort

oh god, that stupid Abrams

WHY WON'T HE EVER FINISH ONE SERIES BEFORE RUSHING FOR ANOTHER?!?!?!?!

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I'll probably watch it wednesday or thursday. Thing is 80 minutes long. Who has time for that.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I watched the first few minutes but for some reason I lost interest right after everyone got melted on the plane. Each eposide is something different aka the new generation of the X-files?

I think so. I actually didn't turn it on until about 15 minutes in. It didn't get good until the mad scientist showed up.

The other show I caught the pilot for was Sons of Anarchy. I don't like it. The main guy is terrible, he walks weird, and he's probably going to smoke around his premature newborn son. I can't watch that trash.

The supporting cast is great, but it's not enough.

I missed the premiere, but I saw the episode from last night, after House.

I wasn't impressed - the mad scientist character is interesting/entertaining, but the female lead felt lifeless and didn't seem to have much chemistry w/the other leads. I couldn't connect with her at all. I might try to catch another couple episodes, but if that aspect doesn't improve then ... meh. P

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Its good to see William Perry finally get another chance at entertaining the masses.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

oh god, that stupid Abrams

WHY WON'T HE EVER FINISH ONE SERIES BEFORE RUSHING FOR ANOTHER?!?!?!?!

Because he's the showrunner of so many shows right now? Other than Fringe, that'd be exactly zero. He hasn't been involved in Lost since season one, that's always been the child of Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cruse rather than Abrams.

It's hard to look at the Dawson's Creek kid and buy into his 199 IQ.

But I really like the mad scientist, so I'm willing to watch the season and see if it improves. The lead female is a bit meh as an actress (is she trying for Jodi Foster?) but she's not atrocious.

New Fox Show

You lost my interest there.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

This is too fantastical of a premise for me, I've become kind of fed up with a lot of the supernatural elements to these shows. I'd swing for something more like Eleventh Hour because it's more realistic. The show is based on science fact and all the events that happen are things that actually could feasibly occur.

New Fox Show

Really? They did put Firefly on the air.

But they also put Roseanne on the air.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I enjoyed it. Dr Bishop is definitely entertaining.

"I'll need a lab..."

"You have a lab, your old one at Harvard. We reopened it for you don't you remember?"

"No, but thats wonderful news!"

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

New Fox Show

What is wrong with you? Roseanne is awesome. Next you'll be knocking Married with Children.

They also put Get A Life and Arrested development on the air.

In fact, Fox is fantastic at giving odd shows a chance on the air. What they are terrible about is axing them before the first season is complete.

edit: I looked it up, Roseanne was on ABC. You lose.

Edited by Hurlshot

What is wrong with you? Roseanne is awesome. Next you'll be knocking Married with Children.

Arrested Development was probably the unniest sitcom I've ever seen. There's a movie rumored to be coming in 2009.

"I accidentally blue myself."

"I was a professional twice over - an analyst and a therapist. The world's first analrapist."

Gotta love Tobias. :lol:

Anyway I'll likely give Fringe a chance once the season is done. Can't be bothered to wait for the main plot to progress in a show that (also) has standalone episodes.

Edited by Pope

I thought the point with Fox was that they took a Darwinian bastardy to tehir planning. They don't care if your show is weird, but they also don't care if its good. Ratings ratings ratings.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

New Fox Show

In fact, Fox is fantastic at giving odd shows a chance on the air. What they are terrible about is axing them before the first season is complete.

edit: I looked it up, Roseanne was on ABC. You lose.

Woops, that sounded more serious than it was supposed to.

I only watch Family Guy and Mythbusters so my opinion on sitcoms is pretty void. XD

Episode 3 was alright but when Peter started yelling at his dad about ethics and crap like that it got bad. Totally melodramatic and kind of bad acting; though the director didn't help at all with the atmosphere and pacing what so ever. Completely out of tune with the tone of the show.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

• 2 years later...

So... old ass thread, now its like 3 seasons later. Anyone else still watching this? Its currently my favorite show on TV, though Camelot and Game of Thrones are catching it.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I'm hooked too. Walternate is a cool name. I still haven't watched this seasons' finale yet.

The episode a couple weeks back with the animated Leonard Nimoy was ace.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.