Gordon Brown

Walsingham

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10...tle-weaker.html

With each attack Prime Minister Brown becomes a little weaker

This headline made me immediately think of the PM as some bad guy in a computer game. Or in a film.

The Mail always cracks me up. Not as badly as the Independent, because they really beleive what they say, but nearly.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Two lame duck prime ministers in as many years. We are doing well. :) Though they say you get the leaders you deserve. :)

At least he'll be gone quicker than Blair was. Blair was like some massive endgame boss with 5,000,000 HPs that just wouldn't go down, even though everything was in ruins around him.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I certainly wouldn't call Blair a lame duck. You can criticise what he did, but he bloody did stuff.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's funny how leaders become posthumously loved, like in the US president Reagan can walk on water and shoot lighting balls out of his eyes, a good 30 years after they had to contend with him as president that is.

I suspect the same is happening with Blair.

Both our prez and the leading opposition contender are slick mini Blairs. I bloody hate em.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Two lame duck prime ministers in as many years. We are doing well. :) Though they say you get the leaders you deserve. :thumbsup:

At least he'll be gone quicker than Blair was. Blair was like some massive endgame boss with 5,000,000 HPs that just wouldn't go down, even though everything was in ruins around him.

Kind of like that "unbeatable" boss in the Final Fantasy MMO that took 18 hours for a group to do but failed, but another group did it in a minute.

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

It's funny how leaders become posthumously loved, like in the US president Reagan can walk on water and shoot lighting balls out of his eyes, a good 30 years after they had to contend with him as president that is.

I suspect the same is happening with Blair.

Both our prez and the leading opposition contender are slick mini Blairs. I bloody hate em.

No. Blair's still unpopular. I have liked him for a while. But this was just a comedy headline.

-Elwood Blues

I certainly wouldn't call Blair a lame duck. You can criticise what he did, but he bloody did stuff.

Blair did almost nothing after his first term (1997-2001). Then he sided with George W. and invaded Iraq, and whatever the merits of that, once it was discovered that there were no WMDs he had no 'political capital' to do anything except dodge accusations of lying. He only won the next election (with 36% of the vote!!) because the leader of the Conservatives was evil.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I'm confused, Steve. When is the leader of the Conservative Party NOT evil?

-Elwood Blues

Yes it is, and I should know. I wore one when I was a teenager.

-Elwood Blues

"I suspect the same is happening with Blair."

He was popular enough to keep getting the office.

"No. Blair's still unpopular."

If he was so unpopualr why was he in office for so long? Blair was not as universally hated as some claim not even after the Iraq War. Heck, his repalcement's failure thus far just shows that Blair was a good PM. *shrug*

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It's just fair to say that he benefited from an hilariously uncreditable opposition. Hell, even the LibDems made progress.

-Elwood Blues

I'm confused, Steve. When is the leader of the Conservative Party NOT evil?

Not that long ago

:)

-Elwood Blues

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...rkozy-judo.html

Continuing the theme, surely this headline just conjures images of the Matrix?

-Elwood Blues

I'm beginning to find Putin's need to be seen as a tough guy just a little sad, and a little worrying.

I think he just is a genuinely tough guy. Takes it a bit far, but basically tough. Mind you, I don't trust people who do judo. They're like cello players.

-Elwood Blues

You don't trust cello players ....

Everyone's prejudiced about something. My prejudice is cello players.

-Elwood Blues