What you did today

Gorth

Got quite a bit of stuff done today. Went to the bank, set up my online brokerage account, went to school and made chicken scallapini which was pretty amazingly good if I do say so myself. I also played some video games and watched some tv.

Still waiting for my xbox 360 though. >:[

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I cooked an Italian dinner for some of my best friends tonight. Unfortunately, one of them has a big exam coming up on Friday and I am feeling a cold coming on so we didn't even open the bottle of wine my cousin had brought. But the food was delicious and I fully expect everyone to call me Master Chef from now on.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Solved a derivation for stepping through the drawing of a hyperbola using the midpoint method.

Oh, and moved a ball on a screen using Bresenham's line algorithm.

yet apparently folks like you are incapable of memorizing 20 numbers in a series... ahem. :ermm:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Although I did a bunch of stuff today not one of them included studying for my business law exam tomorrow or my econ exam next week. I did work out pretty hard though and since I don't have any whey protein available I grabbed a hunk of cold corned beef brisket and ate it with my bare hands. It was pretty intense and awesome. Heck yes.

edit: delicious

Edited by theslug

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Solved a derivation for stepping through the drawing of a hyperbola using the midpoint method.

Oh, and moved a ball on a screen using Bresenham's line algorithm.

yet apparently folks like you are incapable of memorizing 20 numbers in a series... ahem. :ermm:

taks

To be fair, I didn't remember the 18th....I just knew how to get there from the 20th ;)

This kinda reminds me of Facebook.. Everyone constantly posting updates on what they do..

I just spend 800$ on funiture.. so now I have a double bed (instead of a mattress on the floor), a dining table with 4 chairs, a lamp and a new desk. Finally looks like a home now.

Fortune favors the bald.

To be fair, I didn't remember the 18th....I just knew how to get there from the 20th :lol:

actually, that was my original point way back when... it's kinda easy to do when you know the relationship.

my life ain't empty, rosbjerg. sorry to hear that yours is. maybe you need to test out that new mattress? ;)

taks

my life ain't empty, rosbjerg. sorry to hear that yours is. maybe you need to test out that new mattress? :brows:

taks

yeah you should hit up The Architect, he's always up for it :aiee:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

my life ain't empty, rosbjerg. sorry to hear that yours is. maybe you need to test out that new mattress? :brows:

taks

Yeah.. but the missus ain't coming over until saturday.

Besides, how can my life be empty with all this great stuff that I've bought? :aiee:

Fortune favors the bald.

Successfully drawing a hyperbola on a grid. Getting the points to match up with the grid correctly was actually the most difficult part. Once I got that figured out, implementing the incremental midpoint method for the hyperbola itself was actually quite easy!

Also learned how to use the lists in OpenGL, which is actually quite useful!

i set a new record for myself last night (well, this morning actually). i turned it down for the first time in... forever i think. what on earth is the world coming to? it was late, i was tired (1:30 a.m.)... we overslept this morning anyway. fortunately, momma managed to get the tiny tot ready so that i could get him to school on time.

just because of the things you're posting alanschu, i might have to go out and solve a great circle problem that i've been avoiding. it's actually a challenge to compare hand-written software against satellite toolkit, aka STK, to see which works better. there's no real "challenge" since the code is available on the wiki (i've probably got some on my pooter, too, since i regularly deal with geodetic problems), but the guy that posted the challenge is hedging his bets that STK is better than anything i can get in a canned routine. i guess we'll see. i need to feel like i'm thinking right now since i'm really only writing up an analysis (boooooring).

taks

hmm i'm sitting here at work trying to decide what to wear to the Fetish Ball next month

i have some pants with straps and stuff all over them that would be appropriate, and some boots that would go well with them, but not sure what else to go for...

i was thinking maybe getting a bondage vest or something, or maybe a mesh shirt :p

If you've got no fetish that, well, is a fetish for you, then I'd only recommend a mesh shirt if you've got something to show, because then it's attractive also for non-mesh-freaks :p

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

i'm sure i'll figure something out

i know a guy who owns a store that brings in heaps of goth kinda gear. my ex introduced me to the place when she dragged me there to buy a corset, and i know he's just got a whole bunch of new stock specifically for the Fetish Ball

And you're going to wear it right? :p

I don't remember what I did today. Should lay of the medication.

wear what? the ex's corset?

i think it'd be a bit small. she's pretty damn skinny

Occasionally I consider the fetish thing on acount of girlfriends, but the longer I spend choosing what to wear the closer I wind up to body armour, and I feel this simply tells me I worry too much about mortars rather than liking fetish.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Corset hat!

I think that would look vaguely napoleonic. You'd have to keep one hand in your jacket while wearing a corset hat.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.