What you did today

Gorth

just wear something to cover it i guess

what they don't know can't hurt them right? :)

edit: oh and Daaave you look a hell of a lot like someone i know

That was my plan, but it's just as bad on my arms as everywhere else and I have no long sleeve tops whatsoever so that got foiled :)

I might try saying a horde of very angry Gerbils attacked me or something, could totally work.

Male or female? I get told told that a lot for some reason and most of the time it ends up being a girl I'm being likened to =/

My girlyness is useful when I want free drinks though I suppose...

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

just wear something to cover it i guess

edit: oh and Daaave you look a hell of a lot like someone i know

Male or female? I get told told that a lot for some reason and most of the time it ends up being a girl I'm being likened to =/

My girlyness is useful when I want free drinks though I suppose...

don't worry, it's a guy you remind me of

though admittedly i met him at a party when he was wearing a corset and skirt, so maybe that's where the comparison comes from :)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Daaave, just say you donated it to charity.

And that the guy with the tin ran off while you were still trying to get your skin through the slot.

I have been sick for three days with the lurgi which is going around the UK. Day off work today, which I planned for by buying Psychonauts, and X-Com Apocalypse from Steam. I had to buy psychonauts to prevent the Zero Punctuation guy from killing me while I am vulnerable.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I turned 39 again not long ago.

Today I watched the Phillies get trounced by the Dodgers. Boo, I want the Phillies to win ... so they can be trounced by the Red Sox ... or the Rays. I prefer the Sox, but it doesn't really matter - they'd both currently be very likely to trounce either NL team, imo.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Finished replacing all the fixtures in my bathroom with chrome instead of brass

Took 6 hours all together.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I turned 39 again not long ago.

ooh, stuck in that infinite loop as well, eh?

i woke up at home today. after spending the weekend at rocky mountain national park (at longs peak campground), it was quite a disappointment (uh, waking up at home). the park was incredible in spite of the clouds that obscured all of the highest elevations. we could clearly see down into all the valleys from up high, however. saturday afternoon we pulled out the grill and had a "picnic" in the bear lake parking lot. we got a few laughs and cheers from people exiting as they noticed what we were doing (tailgating!). michele and i were the only ones in our group that had ever seen the park prior to this weekend (my son, john, was there twice before but he doesn't pay attention too much). of course, it was cold and rainy the first night, then it got ugly. saturday the temps started dropping and we got a freezing rain/sleet coating on everything by dinner time. overnight we got several inches of snow, too. fortunately, there were no mutinies.

i need to see about setting up a flickr account for these adventures.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I've been translating The Surprising Purpose of Anger, by Marshall Rosenberg, the Nonviolent Communication honcho.

I think I can recommend reading it to everyone. Brilliant stuff.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Mobile suit gundam 00 season 2 started... and NOBODY TOLD ME ARRRG!

OOOOHHH from the intro I think Lockon is back!

Edited by Calax

Shambled around house like the living dead. Tidied. Did accounts. Blew nose a lot. Told stories to anyone who'd listen. Lost my voice to the relief of all. Played X-Com Apocalypse.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I spent most of the weekend watching football and playing Deus Ex, while my wife made me look bad by starting to pack stuff up for our move a month from now.

HA! I'm moving sometime in the next week (not sure when we're closing) and I *still* haven't started packing!

Of course, to be fair, most of my stuff is still in boxes from the last move...

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Played X-Com Apocalypse.

A much underrated game. I just wish I could run it without having to resort to all kinds of tricks.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Watched the first 8 episodes of Macross Frontier....

:sigh: and got an appointment with a local temp agency.

.... I'm just gonna say alot of episodes.

Edited by Calax

Played X-Com Apocalypse.

A much underrated game. I just wish I could run it without having to resort to all kinds of tricks.

You can buy it from STEAM, with no tricks required. Even the music works. It's amazing how detailed it is. I also think the graphics are hewn directly from Fallout.

-Elwood Blues

Played X-Com Apocalypse.

You can buy it from STEAM, with no tricks required. Even the music works. It's amazing how detailed it is. I also think the graphics are hewn directly from Fallout.

I too shall recomend the Steam versions. There is even a general faq on the forums explaining in great detail how you can solve just about any problem that you might meet.

Best thing to happen to Steam in a while.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

well i had an interesting couple of days off

it was another friends birthday, so i met up with her in town and took her out and bought her lunch etc and took her to a movie (eagle eye, which by the way, is terrible)

bumped into the girl i made out with on saturday night and had one of those awkward moments where neither of us really knew what the hell to say, and it didn't help that she was with one of the guys she lives with, and i was with another girl so she may have thought we were together or something

and last night i went out drinking with an ex and had a surprisingly good time. it seems the long period of awkwardness after the break up is dissipating, so now we're kinda going back to what we had before we went out. though now she can give me advice about girls from first hand experience :lol:

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Did more translation, found out that La Espada Oscura(lol) works from a portable data storage unit without a hiccup(which means some ****ing awesome bloodletting in any class with a computer) and ate tortillas. The missus is also particularly smashing as of late.

Me gusta mi vivo, me gusta bien!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Had curry with old friends. Discussed merits of people who spit on soldiers.

-Elwood Blues

Just got home today. I was in Deming, New Mexico for work. All the dogs were so happy to be home (I board them when I'm gone). I had an Eddo moment. While I was out there I saw a rusted old pistol in a pawn shop window. I don't think the poor mexican guy that owned the shop realized what he had. It was a genuine Schofield Smith and Wesson .40. I asked the guy how much and he said $300. I tired to hide my shock and almost ran to the ATM to get the cash. It's probably worth 10 times that. I took the wood grips off tonight and started working on restoring them. I'll take the chassis to a gunsmith for rust removal and reblueing. Then I need to find a display case, this thing is going on the wall. I also have a genuine Colt Navy .32 is a display box.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell