What you did today

Gorth

gave birth to healthy babies while being over fourty-five.

that just ain't natural

It would seem nature disagrees with you.

That's not nature. Humans weren't really even meant to live past 40.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

"meant to"?

What the heck does that mean? Are you saying that good hygiene, nutrition, modern medical care, etc.-- all products of mankind's innate intellectual prowess-- are somehow not "natural"?

We didn't evolve for life past 40.

Hey don't yell at me. That's what I've heard from doctors.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

They were just trying to make you feel better after checking you cholesterol. :(

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

They were just trying to make you feel better after checking you cholesterol. :(

:)

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

gave birth to healthy babies while being over fourty-five.

that just ain't natural

It would seem nature disagrees with you.

And yet so many of them do.

I beg to differ as well. The reasons why we died earlier than 40 is because we weren't properly nourished for the most part, as well as poor hygiene. I'd say that we were always evolved to live past 40, it's just that we weren't good enough at taking care of ourselves to actually do it.

Edited by alanschu

Congrats gt.

gt? I guess you didn't "solve" Q-T-Pi's name then.

Oh, you did... I just didn't feel like correcting him.. it's a shame lower case q's look so much like g's cause I don't like the big Q nearly as much. :sorcerer:

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Guest The Architect
Well, my first marriage was really, really, *REALLY* bad. I'll just say I was young and stupid and he was a sociopathic bully.

What, we were never married.

Well, my first marriage was really, really, *REALLY* bad. I'll just say I was young and stupid and he was a sociopathic bully.

So Architect was a bed wetter, thats no reason to call him a bully, unless bully means fat, then theres plenty of reason.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

...and prone to self-denial too :sorcerer:

Interesting point about not being made to last past 40. A lot of things speaks in favour of that idea.

*Cough* (looks at birth certificate)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Guest The Architect
So Architect was a bed wetter, thats no reason to call him a bully, unless bully means fat, then theres plenty of reason.

Lots of people were bed wetters at some stage, just that, for some people, like you, it takes much longer to stop doing. And last time I checked, bully and fat still don't mean the same thing. Maybe they do in Texas, but not here.

...and prone to self-denial too :o

Interesting point about not being made to last past 40. A lot of things speaks in favour of that idea.

*Cough* (looks at birth certificate)

Thank you Gorth. I realize I'm a retard but you guys don't need to gang up on a poor defenseless slug. :'(

You guys should be ashamed of yourselves.

Just jealous of how awesome I am and that I'm potentially almost reeling in a girl while you guys are busy being haters and losers. :sorcerer:

Congrats gt.

gt? I guess you didn't "solve" Q-T-Pi's name then.

Oh, you did... I just didn't feel like correcting him.. it's a shame lower case q's look so much like g's cause I don't like the big Q nearly as much. :o

It's the underline that did it. Makes much more sense now :sorcerer:

I think whoever told Sluggo that was confused. We stop breeding at around 40, but over 40s still provide many evolutionarily useful behaviours, such as frowning at teenagers.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

*sigh* I have to get my wisdom teeth out tomorrow. I'll be under anaesthetic for the first time in my life, so that'll be interesting.

Night.

I hope yours come out as smoothly as mine did! Didn't need anything stronger than ibuprofen to completely kill what little pain I had. Was back to about 95% normal in a week. :thumbsup:

Hey guys! Well, I survived. I was under general anaesthetic for about 3 hours apparently.

I don't remember much, but one minute they're putting an oxygen mask on me and the next I'm 'dreaming' about Bush being elected for a third term and screaming "NO, **** BUSH". The next thing I remember is hearing voices something along the lines of "prep him for emergency", "he's going into shock" and the heart monitor machine was beeping furiously with something like 5 or 6 people crowding around me (based on the number of voices and their frantic pace). I blacked out again then. Then seemingly only seconds later I was half 'awake' again, everything was calm and I remember hearing a relieved voice say "diastolic is 15". That's when I started freaking out, shuddered madly, woke up, and shuddered madly some more, since by my reckoning, a diastolic blood pressure of 15 is clinically dead (mine is normally 110 systolic, 60 diastolic).

So I have a feeling at one point there I was not have such a good reaction to the anaesthetics (it would seem my autonomous nervous system temporarily shut down and lead to heart failure). Weird stuff. Anyway, it felt like no time had passed when I woke up. Strangely, I felt more awake and energised when I woke up than when I went under. I put this down to only having 2 hours sleep. Actually, that's possibly also why I almost crashed.

Also, apparently that wasn't so much a dream about Bush - they said I was literally screaming "**** BUSH" at the nurses and doctors at one point while I was unconscious.

Milk hurts, water is fine, and soup is fine. Odd. There's very little pain unless I drink milk at which point I almost cry from discomfort pain (not so much acute pain).

Guest The Architect
I think whoever told Sluggo that was confused. We stop breeding at around 40, but over 40s still provide many evolutionarily useful behaviours, such as frowning at teenagers.

I'm one teenager you don't want to frown at!

Because I'd cry if you did.

Good to hear you made it through the anaesthetic ordeal, Krezack, even though the outcome was hardly in doubt. You've passed the first test, but can you pass the second test.... surviving 9 rounds of bare fisted fighting with me! SAY GOODBYE TO THE REST OF YOUR TEETH!

Was your fly unzipped too when you woke?

I too have a bad reaction to anesthesia. When I woke from my first knee surgery I muttered "gonna puke" and a nurse ran over with a little plastic tray and held it under my mouth. Then I threw up on the way home out the car window, then again in the front lawn, then once in the hallway while my wife held a grocery bag to my face, then I took some pills and passed out. Good times.

I had to deal with the furniture shop. Their delivery people arsed everything up and are about to try and deliver to an empty house. really, I mean what's so fething difficult? Customer says when to send it, you write that down, you go there.

I sat back down at the PC and had to put up with Word and Powerpoint trying to be awkward about letting me use an older version of themselves, instead of paying to upgrade to the pre-installed version.

Started to go a dark colour with fury by this point at general corporate BS. Nearly kicked laptop out window. Am now bitching to you as cheaper than new laptop.

Can some brave chap struggle through whatever magical force surrounds them and tell our corporate overlords that we don't enjoy being treated like bitches?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

REAL MEN DON'T USE ANAESTHETICS FOR THEIR DENTAL WORK!!

Because we faint like little girls whenever they try poking us with a needle.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Guest The Architect
I've been in bar brawls before and while I've had to get stiches to my lips, I'm yet to lose any teeth over it.

PREPARE FOR THAT TO CHANGE!

Today I began work on my last module for my TAFE course. It is a business/management course, but I'm doing a research paper on the pros and cons of nationalism and I was wondering where online I could find some pro/anti nationalism articles/writings to use as required references since they're a bitch to find. Even though I already know what I want to say I have to have references, even though I probably won't be using them, but I'll still take a look at them.

Edited by The Architect

same here. that was one of the better buzzes i've ever had, too. the versed was nice, coupled with fentanyl (pain killer), and i was rather happy. i was only "out" for a few minutes and i woke up half-way through the endoscopy. versed does bad things to your memory for a few hours afterward, however.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Fortunately anesthetic doesn't bother me. When I woke up I was all loopy.

No reaction here either. I was out for about an hour and a half give or take 15 minutes. When I first woke up my legs were a little weak, but I was good to go within about 5 minutes.