What you did today

Gorth

Most important voicemail ever. Most inept voicemail message ever. Not good. :down:

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I really want to be in a pub. Specifically the Turf tavern in Oxford. In the front parlour.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"Well enough for an A at least"? OK, grade inflation is getting out of hand. What did top scorer get-- an A+++ with 3 stars and a :) ?

It was a low A. :p I wouldn't know what the top scorer got. The only mark I have access to is my own.

By managment accounting do you mean cost accounting? Where you figure out the individual unit cost by allocating overhead to each one? That was my second favorite accounting course. My first favorite was intermediate accounting II... but that was mostly because the professor I had made it fascinating...

Yeah, that's the one. I'm enjoying it more than the Introduction to Financial Accounting that we had to do last year, but I think that's more down to how I had already covered 90% of the same stuff in my high school courses. When you know most of what is being covered in lecture, you tend to lose the motivation to get up for that monday 9am class... :yucky:

*sigh* I have to get my wisdom teeth out tomorrow. I'll be under anaesthetic for the first time in my life, so that'll be interesting.

Night.

I hope yours come out as smoothly as mine did! Didn't need anything stronger than ibuprofen to completely kill what little pain I had. Was back to about 95% normal in a week. :yucky:

I had mine out fourteen years ago. And mine went very smoothly as well. I actually left for vacation in Hawaii two days after the procedure. Other than being on anti-biotics and having to be careful about where I chewed I don't remember it being an issue at all.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

*sigh* I have to get my wisdom teeth out tomorrow. I'll be under anaesthetic for the first time in my life, so that'll be interesting.

Night.

I hope yours come out as smoothly as mine did! Didn't need anything stronger than ibuprofen to completely kill what little pain I had. Was back to about 95% normal in a week. :yucky:

To make him feel better and to reassure him, about 2 or 3 days after, my clot fell out, leaving a dry socket and the most excruciating pain I had ever experienced. I'd rather get kicking in the groin.

I hope yours come out as smoothly as mine did!

when i read this the first word that popped into my mind was "laxative."

they tried to put me on darvocet afterwards, and i took it after i got back from the dentist when the anesthesia wore off. it was at that point i decided narcotics (at least, morphine derivatives) were not for me. advil rounded out the next few days. the only time it bugged me was when i smoked. felt like my stitches were going to pull out.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I spent most of the weekend getting things ready for my wedding... we got registered, got our wedding bands taken care of and I found something to wear... it was a busy weekend!

Is this your first trip down the aisle? I thought you were married?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I won a $500 gift card from a charity auction for the United Way at work. I think this will look good on my kitchen counter:

http://www.amazon.com/BeerTender-Heineken-...002&sr=8-30

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I was previously married, this is my second. Which is why I'm doing all this two weeks before the wedding rather than months in advance.

Really, we weren't going to register until we sent out invites to the party (a cookout on the pond) and people started asking where we were registered...

I was previously married, this is my second. Which is why I'm doing all this two weeks before the wedding rather than months in advance.

Really, we weren't going to register until we sent out invites to the party (a cookout on the pond) and people started asking where we were registered...

Getting back on the horse eh? Good for you, I don't think I will do that again myself. :yucky:

Thomas Sowell

Well, my first marriage was really, really, *REALLY* bad. I'll just say I was young and stupid and he was a sociopathic bully. You'd think that'd turn me off of marriage all together... but really, I'd like to try it with a sane person.

I have very high hopes for this one. He and I have been dating over three years and while there have been a few "tense" discussions, there hasn't been anything I'd classify as a fight. I think we're just a good match.

And I fell off my first real horse at the age of 4 (the dang shetland pony blew out his stomach so the saddle was loose) and had no problems getting back on then... and have fallen off many, many horses since then but always get back on. Perhaps I don't learn so well. :yucky:

I have very high hopes for this one. He and I have been dating over three years and while there have been a few "tense" discussions, there hasn't been anything I'd classify as a fight. I think we're just a good match.
Dating for three years? I'm living with my girlfriend for three years and still would consider it too early to marry ;) However, my view on marriage before was such as that I'd never marry anyway because I couldn't see anything good coming from it. That my view has changed so far that I earnestly intend to marry and only just consider it too soon already surprises me... She really is the one I can and will marry, because this marriage isn't going to be cage or something just to make sure the relationship holds, but just a legally significant sign to the rest world for us belonging together.

Anyway. Today I went to university and among other things attended to a programming exercise for os software that was simply ridiculous. We have two hours of time for this lesson, but there was that indian assistant who spoke an unintellegible English, telling us (probably) nothing more than that we had to do the exercise in pairs. He answered questions to please repeat the most incomprehensible utterings again with more incomprehensible utterings. Five minutes later we were dismissed. Now we have to gather clues in our books, the internet, linux manuals etc. Just fail, dear assistant, pure fail. He even gets paid for two hours. I hope he invests his paycheck in an English pronounciation course, because I don't doubt he writes much more eloquently and correct than I do, but that accent is horrible even to swiss ears used to horrible accents.

Ah well...

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

A girl asked me to be in her group in my econ class this morning. It was actually pretty weird. There's probably 100 kids or more in the class and I don't know one of them. Anyways I'm sitting there taking notes and she comes in late and sits right behind me, then I get a tap on my shoulder and she asks whats up, so I fill her in on a little exercise for the excel project. And she's like so are you in a group and I'm like no. And then there's this silence for like 4 seconds and shes like do you want to be in one with me and I was like sure. If she follows through she's lucky since I'll probably end up doing the entire thing over a weekend since my math 132 class was basically the exact same thing. However I wouldn't mind spending some time and developing something more than the creepy econ partner relationship. ;)

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Dating for three years? I'm living with my girlfriend for three years and still would consider it too early to marry ;) However, my view on marriage before was such as that I'd never marry anyway because I couldn't see anything good coming from it. That my view has changed so far that I earnestly intend to marry and only just consider it too soon already surprises me... She really is the one I can and will marry, because this marriage isn't going to be cage or something just to make sure the relationship holds, but just a legally significant sign to the rest world for us belonging together.

I'm guessing that you're still fairly young and you either don't want kids or feel like they're way in the future.

I'm 34. My fiance is only 28, but he really wants his own kids. If it were just me, I would be ok with not having any more, (even though I always meant to) but it's not just me. And at 34 I'm only looking at a few more years of viable eggs... not to mention energy levels.

Three years was probably too long to wait, in all honesty.

A girl asked me to be in her group in my econ class this morning. It was actually pretty weird. There's probably 100 kids or more in the class and I don't know one of them. Anyways I'm sitting there taking notes and she comes in late and sits right behind me, then I get a tap on my shoulder and she asks whats up, so I fill her in on a little exercise for the excel project. And she's like so are you in a group and I'm like no. And then there's this silence for like 4 seconds and shes like do you want to be in one with me and I was like sure. If she follows through she's lucky since I'll probably end up doing the entire thing over a weekend since my math 132 class was basically the exact same thing. However I wouldn't mind spending some time and developing something more than the creepy econ partner relationship. ;)

Picture or she doesn't exist.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Congrats gt.

I am an idealist myself and while I don't think I have ridiculous expectations out of relationships that will never be achieved because they are too high, I do think that it's possible to find those that we click with and share a life and be happy with them.

I'm guessing that you're still fairly young and you either don't want kids or feel like they're way in the future.
You're right of course on the first two, however I'm not younger than your friend was when you started dating ;) May it work out well this time and be fruitful and multiply! You're easily young enough, two of my aunts got pregnant and gave birth to healthy babies while being over fourty-five.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

gave birth to healthy babies while being over fourty-five.

that just ain't natural

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.