What you did today

Gorth

my beer? never. any beer that requires the addition of fruit to be tasty is not good enough for me to drink in the first place. i do have one exception, but it is a beer that i drink without the additional fruit: tucher (not sure which one). normally it comes with an orange in US pubs, but i like it without the orange, too.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

I've been on vacation all week. I built a stone walkway down to the creek and built a small stone patio with an old fashioned wood park bench. (found a kit to build it at Harbor Freight). I cut up the dead crappy sod the builder put down and mixed good top soil in with the sand in the front yard and seeded it with St Augustine grass seed. It's a pain keeping the dogs off of it but it's already starting to come in. I spent the rest of the week drinking lots of Coors beer (for some reason it's a lot cheaper here than back in FL) watching baseball and playing frisbee with the dogs. I know one thing for sure, I may not always live here in my new place but I will never...ever sell it. This will always be home.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Sigh...

Kept watch on the house while waiting for a friend who never showed because he and his little brother took off to tahoe.

:gripe:

this friend is on leave from the army for about 2 weeks before he gets deployed to iraq.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Worked sucked pretty bad today.

I got handed a box literally 35 pounds full of papers to shred. We are talking seriously maybe 2-3 thousand papers going into this little dinky pos office shredder that can max out at about 3 papers each go. That wouldn't be a problem since I had like 3 hours to do it however a third of the box was stapled packets which need to be undone and the thing over heated about 4 times, making it automatically shut down for like 20 minutes each, so about half of my time was just waiting for this thing to cool down and unstapling stuff and then another third of my time was changing the trash bag for the shredder and of course trying to knock loose all the paper that got holed up in the blades. Real fun stuff, just like shoving your hands onto a disk sander. In the end I shredded about half of the box but I knew that would look bad so I just grabbed like 1/4 of what was left and dumped it into my backpack and then threw it away in a dumpster. I was scared a cop would like pull me over and then like search my bag and think I was some kind of cyber theif or something stealing peoples personal records.

Then this weird lady came around to my cubicle and started to talk to me and she called me "the shredder." It was a crappy day, though everyone except 2 people were in the office so I had like no accountability.

Also I'm not sure how to deal with this. I walked into the bathroom and there was a guy in the stall. Completely unholy what was going on in there, though to give the guy credit he gave about 3 courtesy flushes. How come people gotta drop a duece at work, completely unprofessional, it just aint natural I tell ya, just aint natural. what is wrong with people, why me, why do I have to endure such hardships.

Don't work in an office calax. You'll regret it.

Every day my soul dies.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

so I just grabbed like 1/4 of what was left and dumped it into my backpack and then threw it away in a dumpster.

Jeez I hope the 1/4 box you threw in the dumpster did not have any of my personal info in it...

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

so I just grabbed like 1/4 of what was left and dumped it into my backpack and then threw it away in a dumpster.

Jeez I hope the 1/4 box you threw in the dumpster did not have any of my personal info in it...

It's actually pretty scary the information that I have access to. There seriously isn't any safety of information what so ever in this day and age.

Also the papers I threw away, half of them didn't even have anything on them and the others probably didn't have more than a name and contact info. Either way its not like anyone is just going to ever see them ever again unless someone decides they want to jump into that particular gas station dumpster and sort through 5 layers of hell.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Took a walk into the city, enjoying the spring weather. Slightly cool, but pleasant. Went into Dymock's (a bookstore) and grabbed a handful of Black Library books:

"Gaunts Ghosts - Only in Death" (I think I'll start with that one)

"Gotrek and Felix - Elfslayer" (oh, how I love that title!)

"Palace of the Plague Lord" (no idea if it's good or bad, but I've liked C.L. Werners work so far)

and a big heavy hardback art book, "The Horus Heresy - Collected Visions"

On my way back, I made the mistake of stopping by E.B. Games. Grabbed "The Witcher EE", "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky" and "Painkiller - Overdose". Now i need to flip a three-sided coin to make up my mind what to play first :ermm:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

When I worked in an office I had to deal with credit card details. It got to the stage where I memorised them without intending to. You just process enough of one kind of data and it slips in. It's pointless worying about who knows about you. The only sensible thing in my opinion is to worry about how accurate it is. I personally am more worried people are running around thinking I have kids I don't have (true story) than knowing I don't.

It's actually pretty scary the information that I have access to. There seriously isn't any safety of information what so ever in this day and age.

Also the papers I threw away, half of them didn't even have anything on them and the others probably didn't have more than a name and contact info. Either way its not like anyone is just going to ever see them ever again unless someone decides they want to jump into that particular gas station dumpster and sort through 5 layers of hell.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

yeah working for a telecommunications company you find out some interesting little bits of info sometimes

i know the prime minister's personal cellphone number hehe

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I'll never compromise my principles. Unless a fat chick openly pressures me for sex. I suppose I could for that one time. But I wouldn't like it.

and the mornings after "and more beer" too :/

I was cleaning the flat today, doing the laundry, i.e. being a houseman basically :* Began programming some stuff for monday, finished some work that I couldn't during the week, and then wanted to watch Pan's Labyrinth. But hell! The DVD was nowhere to be found, so I watched some TV, but "Kalifornia" and "The life of others" weren't what I was in mood for, so I watched a Blue Man Group concert instead. Interesting on the eye, easy on the ears, but what kind of "rock" concert is this, playing in a stadium in front of sitting people, telling them when to clap and yell? All in all, just mainstream crap.

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Studying for an exam, and helping a friend out with some JavaScript problems.

As for my personal drama, the friend that has asked me not to contact her was the first to budge after I logged into WoW and she was already in there. One weird thing was she asked if I could help the other guy playing with the JavaScript stuff (an odd thing to do if you don't want me to contact you again), and I was stupid and said sure. I should have said no haha. Oh well.

On the plus side I did get a crash course on JavaScript, so there is some value added.

I just got my marks back for the first test in my Management Accounting course. It turns out that I need to watch which figure I copy when putting those forms together. Still did well enough for an A at least. Hopefully I can do better than that on the mid-term tomorrow.

I just got my marks back for the first test in my Management Accounting course. It turns out that I need to watch which figure I copy when putting those forms together. Still did well enough for an A at least. Hopefully I can do better than that on the mid-term tomorrow.

"Well enough for an A at least"? OK, grade inflation is getting out of hand. What did top scorer get-- an A+++ with 3 stars and a :down: ?

By managment accounting do you mean cost accounting? Where you figure out the individual unit cost by allocating overhead to each one? That was my second favorite accounting course. My first favorite was intermediate accounting II... but that was mostly because the professor I had made it fascinating...

gah, I'm a dork...

I spent most of the weekend getting things ready for my wedding... we got registered, got our wedding bands taken care of and I found something to wear... it was a busy weekend!

Oh, and my Shaman hit 64... 2 weeks, 14 levels... not bad! Of course the next six are gonna take forever... *sigh* :down:

Edited by qt3.14159

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.