What you did today

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Nothing much. A bit of work, a bit of house cleaning, a bit of gaming and then ended the day with making myself comfortable on the couch with a glass of old Cognac and the remote(s) for a couple of hours (watching Silent Hill on DVD) :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

my boss wants me to write an article for our "team newsletter"

it's some lame idea he came up with to try and get the group to get involved and do something together

we still insist that the only way we're gonna do something as a group is if there's drinks involved

besides, i don't know what the hell to write about, and he's left it rather ambiguous. i can write "anything i feel like" apparently

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I got really annoyed because I travelled to Oxford to meet a guy who told me he was in fact in Reading (a good hour's journey away from Oxford). Then I found out that I had agreed to a change of venue last night when I was drunk, and forgotten about it.

We had a meeting in the Revolution bar there, and had some very average food, and drinks. Nevertheless the meeting went quite well. Think we got the key points out the way, and made an action plan.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm in the process of making a to do list but there seems to be some gaps in memory of what exactly I need to do.

All I know is exams are coming in about 2 weeks and my math class I feel pretty confident except I haven't even taken the plastic wrapping off the book yet and business law seems like it could be a little difficult since I've read about 2 seconds. Hopefully the professors stick to just lectures and I should be alright I suppose. As for the other classes, one doesn't have any exams and the other I can get all the answers from the search tool in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

went out to eat with my brother who came home for the weekend and his friend. then came home and sat around felt really... High i guess would be the right word. then within the past hour have gotten really depressed because I'm sitting here on unemployment trying to find a job and failing miserably and otherwise starting to question my exsistance.

No, I'm not in a happy place.

I suppose I've been using the best form of escapism that I know to get away from all the depression in my life by playing ALOT of games. But it still catches up to me in the middle of the night, like an evil worm that's burrowed into my head and I can't get out but still feel move every so often. I mean what the heck am I supposed to do? I've applied to about 10 places. Still got more to go but I'm not willing to go back to McD's (various reasons) and gamestop is throwing less hours at me than taks throwing a compliment my way before I joined the military. There's a part of me that says "Hey Man, this is the life, living on the government and your parent's dime? only having to pay for things you WANT? Whats not to love" then theres another part that's grumbling because the only people I know in the area are shut ins who play WoW like 6 hrs + a day when they have new content.I just... I donno, I want independence but that doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen so I keep going down. I've hit rock bottom TWICE in my life and am not looking forward to hitting it again.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hey, Shryke, what's wrong with drinking some more? :thumbsup:

Calax:

I think you are being needlessly harsh on yourself. The very best of men can be impeded by a run of bad luck. If you have made a lot of applications, and you are not content in your heart with being a parasite, then you've not failed by a long chalk. I'm just sorry I can't suggest any specific job opportunities or give you a recommendation. I'm afraid my contacts are rather sparse across the pond.

The only thing I can say is to recommend Kipling to you. But since it's rather trite, I won't bother.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'm guessing lack of funds. Besides, there must be some work for a good man prepared to work. Where is Calax, anyway? I mean geographically.

-Elwood Blues

went out to eat with my brother who came home for the weekend and his friend. then came home and sat around felt really... High i guess would be the right word. then within the past hour have gotten really depressed because I'm sitting here on unemployment trying to find a job and failing miserably and otherwise starting to question my exsistance.

No, I'm not in a happy place.

I suppose I've been using the best form of escapism that I know to get away from all the depression in my life by playing ALOT of games. But it still catches up to me in the middle of the night, like an evil worm that's burrowed into my head and I can't get out but still feel move every so often. I mean what the heck am I supposed to do? I've applied to about 10 places. Still got more to go but I'm not willing to go back to McD's (various reasons) and gamestop is throwing less hours at me than taks throwing a compliment my way before I joined the military. There's a part of me that says "Hey Man, this is the life, living on the government and your parent's dime? only having to pay for things you WANT? Whats not to love" then theres another part that's grumbling because the only people I know in the area are shut ins who play WoW like 6 hrs + a day when they have new content.I just... I donno, I want independence but that doesn't seem like it's ever going to happen so I keep going down. I've hit rock bottom TWICE in my life and am not looking forward to hitting it again.

Calax if you don't mind a bit of advice, do some volunteer work at a charity. You have the time, it might make you feel better, and it will give you a chance to meet people in local business. Those kinds of contacts can often lead to good jobs. Especially when their description of you begins with "He works for a charity I'm involved with." United Way might be the best choice because they are very community oriented and work with a lot of companies.

Edited by Guard Dog

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

That's really good advice, GD. I completely agree. Doing stuff for other people is also a really good way to feel good.

-Elwood Blues

I know exactly how you feel calax. For a while I couldn't get a job either, (applied to about 15 - 20 places over the course of a couple of months and nothing) I was thinking I was a complete failure who couldn't do anything right and that my only choice was to go into the military becuase I was unemployable and a worthless human being. But now I have a job and go to school and its a far cry from those days not so long ago. My advice is to not put all your hopes in the basket of getting a job. I did and I'm not any happier or fulfilled, just more busy. But you have a special situation becuase your bipolar(?). I am completely positive they have something you could find since everything has a group nowadays that could help you find employment and counseling.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I'm no longer homeless!!!!! I closed on the new house last Thursday and I'm moving in today. I don't have much stuff but I do have all my dogs back which makes me (and them) very happy. I just bought a new living room set and a new TV (72" DLP) and it should be here by Friday, just in time for football this weekend. Finally I can start living normal again.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I finally knuckled down and bought a cooker, a fridge freezer, and a tumble dryer. I was getting on pretty well without them (I had a nearly derelict fridge freezer), but I got sick of having every person who came in demanding to know why I didn't have them. Although I suppose I could have simply had either

a) Decoy versions

or

b) a large brass plaque telling everyone why I didn't

-Elwood Blues

Why dont you go back to school Calax?

I'm planning on it in the next semester but I don't exactly have anything to do in the interim.

I'm in Cali, near Sacramento walsh. Actually I live about 2 hrs a way from Feng who has disappeared.

GD, I wish I knew where to go to even start to volunteer. I'm a humanitarian at heart and if I could make a life being disaster relief I would. I found it... fulfilling to go to Gulfport Mississippi and rebuild after Katrina. I wish I could do that without charging the people half their life savings.

i got home from denver today. we went to the broncos game yesterday and most of the time spent after the game (which was awesome) is a blur. i'd prefer to be napping right now.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Huh, you're about 2 hours from me too.

Central Valley is a tough place to be right now, the housing market slump affects everything out there. What level of education do you have? What type of job do you want?

Some college. not much, and at this point i'll take almost any job except for McDonalds or any other fast food joint excepting In-N-out burger.

Blast. I REALLY don't know anyone in California. _However_ I'm always amazed at who one can turn up. But it'll be a long shot.

Locally, and in many English boroughs, there's a public volunteer centre where you can go to offer up your time, and they send you out. Failing that, local churches would know some people. I don't know who else you'd ask, really.

When I was a teenager I did voluntary community service. My brother thought you could only do community service if you'd been in trouble with the police, and he was going to give me a kicking until he found out I was helping CP kids. It really was a bizarre experience "No, seriously, I'm helping these kids because they need help. I've not hurt anyone!"

-Elwood Blues

Looks like tommrow I'm getting gas and headed for placerville (I'm about midway between placerville and Sacramento) to pick up an application to do "Property Damage Restoration" for 15 bucks an hour! WOO HOO!

Playing with the table-saw.

Feeling glad it's fall-cool and cloudy but hoping it won't actually rain for another month or two yet...

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Playing with the table-saw.

Feeling glad it's fall-cool and cloudy but hoping it won't actually rain for another month or two yet...

omg :angry cat:

If only I had a table saw. Then my life would be complete. Well of course I'd need a lathe and a router and a miter saw and a band saw and a couple of sanders and a large enough space to put them in as well. Then life would be good. All the giant wooden lawn cats a man could ever dream of. *sigh*

Today I started answering phones for work. It was scary and I ignored the first call on purpose so I didn't have to do it but then two calls came soon after and things went alright. Luckily I don't have to call anyone unless I'm transferring someone but it's fast enough to where I don't have the time to have a mini anxiety attack like I normally do when I need to call someone important. So far work is actually going quite well. I mean I would still rather be at home playing video games and watching an assortment of entertainment on my computer but I do get to do monotonous work that lets you turn your brain off, most of the while listening to old Lovelines and for the most part being left alone. Sadly though it's brought up something that I don't want to think about and that is money. Luckily I am able to live at home with 0 expenses so the 9 dollars an hour I make basically goes to the bank but now that I calculate my weekly and monthly earnings I don't quite understand how the hell people can even begin to survive without working at the very least 2 jobs, even if your making $15+. There must be something I'm missing.

I completely have the answer to answering work phones. I used to put on a ridiculous hat. It gives you a definite edge.

-Elwood Blues