What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

I accidently helped a Nazghul resurrect a dragon. Oops.

Did you manage to get pictures or did the zombie dragon eat you before you were able to? :(

That pansy just flew off to go chase Frodo. We killed the Nazgul at least, but he was like "J00 guys R l4me, Sauron gots leet rezzes."

Actually Vista has made it extremely difficult to take screenshots. I think I have to go in and give it special permission and create a folder to get it to work. More hassle than its worth.

Reached act four in the witcher and can't seem to get the friendly priest to show up after I kill the guys who run him off.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I downloaded and installed the Sacred 2 demo tonight. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Sure, it's still just a hack'n'slash but it's very polished, very slick and full of life and detail. I just wish the German developers/writers weren't so cheesy..

If anyone is interested in trying it: http://www.gamershell.com/download_33516.shtml

It's 1.7 GB but you get to play for a few hours at least.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Found my old Nintendo 8 NES.. It hadn't been working for years, but I decided to try and fix it. Managed to find the error, some of the wires were fried and I got a friend, who's an electrician, to repair them..

Plugged it in the TV and voila! Super Mario 3, Zelda, Defenders of The Crown, Donkey Kong and all the great titles are playable again. :sorcerer:

Fortune favors the bald.

Jericho, The Witcher, and not much else - although I am downloading two of the three free games mentioned in the other thread (one had/has Starforce and I'm not putting that crap on my PC).

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

NWN2's OC, and for all its faults I'm really enjoying some of the writing. The writing is uneven but at times it really feels like it is a cut above other games. Shandra, for example, is one of the better characters in the game. She really got a bum rap from the hardcore crowd because of being forced on the player.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

i enjoyed the OC and will play it again after my run through the witcher. the witcher is a bit tedious in chapter 2, btw. so many nonsense quests it is hard to keep up. most of the mini side quests are fed-ex, too, which makes them boring. the main story arc is still interesting, so i will continue to forge ahead! :)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

NWN2's OC, and for all its faults I'm really enjoying some of the writing. The writing is uneven but at times it really feels like it is a cut above other games. Shandra, for example, is one of the better characters in the game. She really got a bum rap from the hardcore crowd because of being forced on the player.

I'm running through the OC right now to get a character ready for my first real run of MOTB. I've only just got Shandra to join me.

I've been playing a lot of WoW and Spore. I recently played another round of Painkiller. I'm stalled, yet again, in Crysis. Spore has been fun, but it's really disappointing in many ways. Luckily for me, I wasn't caught in the hype, so I can enjoy it for what it is. WoW is a social game and I would've quit playing it long ago if it weren't for my guild. Painkiller is a good game, but I've mined it for just about all the goodies. Crysis was as huge disappointment. If it weren't for the fact that I virtually always finish games I start, I would have thrown in the towel a long time ago. It's not that it's too hard, it's that I find the design so uninspired it's mind boggling.

I'm trying to think of new releases on the horizon, but I'm drawing a blank. I'll probably pick up Fallout 3, but I'm not sure when it'll be released. I'll definitely pick up Wrath of the Litch King (WoW expansion) but mostly because its a big thing with my guild.

NHL 09 is the only game I'm playing right now. Between franchise, Be A Pro, my EASHL club, my 1 vs 1 league about to start season 5, and leaguegaming team play I simply don't have time to play lesser games.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I rather disliked Spore. Sims was the perfect 'casual' game, and it appears lightning did not strike twice.

I'm replaying Civilization IV right now. I just wiped out Alexander the Great, Washington DC rebeled from America to join me, and Mao's China has coverted to Christianity with my help. What a great game.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Well, what makes Spore good is also what makes it bad. There are so many varieties of ways to win the game. This is especially true in the Space stage, where colonizing, capturing, trading, decorating planets, and just about anything the player can do will earn points. The problem is that it does so many things, it fails to do any of them well. I can't really complain about a game that has entertained me for so many hours, but I find that most of those hours are kind of empy in retrospect. Still, a fun little game. It's not addictive, but who the hell needs another WoW anyhow?

World of Goo is simply brilliant. Everyone get it, now! It's only 20 bucks.

Heja Sverige!!

A game.

I don't think it is out yet. Pidesco probably has it because he is one of those preorder snobs.

They might potentially have my attention if they release a demo soon.

Neat. This is the first I've heard of it, and it certainly looks fascinating.

Plus, I don't think that something with a name like "World of Goo" could possibly be bad.

Oh, yeah, it's only released next Monday. I am a preorder snob, but only so I can get the profanity pack.

The goal of the game is to get goo to flow into pipes. That's it. And it's one of the most sublime experiences in gaming ever. Better than Portal.

Heja Sverige!!

That's pretty significant praise in my book, Pidesco. Portal was a great experience. I especially like the song at the end. The interview with the stuck up voice actor at the end was a letdown, but that's probably because she reminds me of one of my aunts.

Does it have that overall polished feel like portal, or are the game mechanics just that damned good?

It's the aesthetic, the sound, the tunes, the clever level design, the leaderboards, the neverending tower, the writing even. I never thought I'd be praising the writing in a level design. It's smart and it's funny.

Also, the learning curve is really awesome: you literally learn how to play the game in 2 seconds, but the physics and the way the difficulty is gently increased from level to level, ensure that you'll be mastering the intricacies of the system for ages. The sense of accomplishment when finishing a harder level is priceless.

Heja Sverige!!

I was playing Area 51 until I realized how horribly unoptimized it is. Now I'm waiting for Mercenaries 2 to drop in price and/or some of the games on my most wanted list to be released.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!