I'm probably not much help since I've never done it, but you're supposed to make an 'override' folder in the swkotor2 folder. You then unzip the mods you have in that folder and read any readme that came with it. Also be sure to check for extensions such as .mod or .wav and put them in the appropriate folders. For instance .mod are models and .wav are sound files.

Hopefully your mods came with a readme, otherwise that's pretty silly they didn't.

http://www.m16965mods.blogspot.com/

He gives a solid run down.

ok im geting mad i cant do anything i cant get my mods on the thing can some1 gimmie a step bystep info here thx

What sort of mods are you trying to use? Some item mod require the KSE, while others can be found in-game.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

ok im geting mad i cant do anything i cant get my mods on the thing can some1 gimmie a step bystep info here thx

Erm... did you not even TRY to read my blog? It IS step-by-step instructions. :thumbsup:

I'll go ahead and post it here, in case links scare you, or what ever.

First, you need to make a new folder on your computer somewhere - you can name it TSL mods(for K2, or just KOTOR mods for K1. I'd advise you NOT to stick mods for both games in 1 folder), and place it on your desktop if you want easy access, but I put mine in with my documents. This is where you want to save the mods that you download. Be sure to read the mod descriptions as you pick and choose what you want to try out. Some mods can only be activated with cheats, and I prefer not to go there.

Oh yeah, and if you don't have WinRar, you'll need it. http://www.rarsoft.com/download.htm Once you've saved all the mods you want to try, you can start installing them.

There are 2 different types of mods. Ones that use the TSL patcher, and ones that don't. I used to like the ones with the patcher more (they're pretty quick & easy to install), but now that I know what I'm doing a little more, the other ones are actually my preferred. They come OFF a lot easier (and that's a REALLY good thing).

Mods come with a 'read me' file, that usually tells you what to do from here. The ones with the TSL patcher are pretty easy, if they ask you where you'd like them installed, go : Computer > C drive (or whatever your computer's main drive is called - mine's called 'Princess of Power'!) > Program files > LucasArts, then > KotOR 2.

Really be sure to read the 'read me's, though, because some mods go into modules and such. If a mod suggests that you back up your files FIRST, do so! This usually means that something in the original game is going to be overwritten. Make a copy of whichever folder you will be extracting to, and stick it somewhere you can find it later. If you don't and a mod doesn't work for you, you'll have to uninstall the game from your PC, and completely re-install it again. Which sucks.

Now, if you run on Vista, you'll require an extra couple steps in this process. You won't be able to extract files that don't have the TSL patcher directly into the override (or modules, etc.). You'll need to create yet ANOTHER folder (I just named mine 'Mods' and stuck it on my desktop). Extract the mod's files to this folder. Then copy the files that you just extracted, and paste them where they go. And voil

Edited by babydol

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

What sort of mods are you trying to use? Some item mod require the KSE, while others can be found in-game.

im trying to use the Droid planet mod. I put it in my Override Folder. but im on GO-TOs ship right now so i can check wen i get off if i did it right

"Sometimes truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded."

im trying to use the Droid planet mod. I put it in my Override Folder. but im on GO-TOs ship right now so i can check wen i get off if i did it right

Ok, did you use a fresh game and are you sure it is supposed to work then?

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Erm... did you not even TRY to read my blog?

I did and it hurt my eyes, might want to try another color scheme =]

lol same here

There you go, cry babies. Changed it, just for you. Darker purple. Any better, ya think? >_<

Also, the ENTIRE point, did you read and understand?

GaspardDeadlyAssailant, for M4-78, you need to do a hell of a lot more than toss it in your override. you've got this version, correct? Read the info.rtf that came with it.

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

OK, so you dumped the files from the tslpatchdata folder into the Override? That's not going to work. You'll need to delete them and use the TSLPatcher executable that came with the mod.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so i got the file extracted i tryed the TSL patcher and i keep geting an error Unhandled exception: Access violation at address 00000000 . Read of address 00000000 (0)

Plz help

"Sometimes truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded."

One of the folders its attempting to copy to is set to 'read-only'. You need to unset that on the Override folder, most likely, but also try your SWKOTOR2 folder, Streamvoice, and Modules folders.

This particularly rapid, unintelligible patter isn't generally heard, and if it is, it doesn't matter.