Frustrated

As I sit here, after several hours of trying to get KotoR2 to run on Vista with no luck, A question occured to me. With all the gamers out there that want to play this game the way it was meant to be played, Why has Obsidian & LucasArts never released a restored version? Someone has to have a master copy somewhere......

I know I'd buy a copy.

What was the problem? Maybe some of us can help you. Did u replace the Mss32.dll file? Did you run it as admin and did u turn on the Windows XP compatibility? Also to answer your question they never made a restored version and if you ask why it is because of MONEY.

What was the problem? Maybe some of us can help you. Did u replace the Mss32.dll file? Did you run it as admin and did u turn on the Windows XP compatibility? Also to answer your question they never made a restored version and if you ask why it is because of MONEY.

I tried everything you mentioned, downloaded the 1.0b patch also. One thing, I noticed, I don't know if it makes a difference.....The copy of KotoR that I bought for my PC says it's v2.0 and it needs a v2.10.427 patch. When I get the start window, I click on updates and this is what it tells me, but I can find this patch. Thoughts?

Yeah, I agree it probably is money, but I think they would make a few bucks on this one.

yea ur right it kinda is begging for an expansion pack. I think EP or atleast a **** load of Updates to extend then game. SOME ONE GIMMIE AND AHHHHHHMMMMANNNN MMMAAAAA BBBBRRRROOOOOTTTTHHHHHEEEERRRRR

"Sometimes truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded."

Ok now back to reality the hame is almost 4 years old (it came out in Fed 2005 right) if there was going to be an EP it would have been done 2 years ago so ZERO chance of it happening.

@ sithcookies : Have you tried to run it patchless or only one of them? I have read about a few of people that ran it without the patch because it wouldnt work with it installed in VISTA. (I have vista and only had to replace Mss32.dll and run as admin)

Ok now back to reality the hame is almost 4 years old (it came out in Fed 2005 right) if there was going to be an EP it would have been done 2 years ago so ZERO chance of it happening.

@ sithcookies : Have you tried to run it patchless or only one of them? I have read about a few of people that ran it without the patch because it wouldnt work with it installed in VISTA. (I have vista and only had to replace Mss32.dll and run as admin)

I tried it, I've tried all the suggestions I've come across so far and nothing wants to work. I'm ready to take it to the Geek squad....