Best Game Intro

mkreku

While my love of SS2 knows no bounds, I always found its intro to fall a bit flat.

Yeah, I was hoping this thread would show me some new intro's but do far it's mostly been people reciting their most favourite games.

Come on, people, I'm sure noone really thinks Fallout or Neverwinter Nights 2 has the best intro they've ever seen..

Didn't you see my

intro, I bet most people haven't even heard of the game.

I really liked
's Intro

My all-time fave of game intros.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Best intro must either by the intro to Blackstone Chronicles or the intro to Daggerfall.

I have watched them bouth on youtube, I think. Very very good introductions.

The narrator in the first icewind dale game is kind of cool too.

The best words in an intro must be these words:

war war never changes

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

"Rest well this night, for tonight, you sail for the Kingdom of Daggerfall!"

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

That goes both ways - your taste, going by the selections, doesn't leave me very impressed.

Last Ninja 3 had an awesome intro for it's time. Though I remember the 1st game better.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

That goes both ways - your taste, going by the selections, doesn't leave me very impressed.

Last Ninja 3 had an awesome intro for it's time. Though I remember the 1st game better.

I have completely forgotten about that game of awesomeness. I still have the original copy somewhere.

And

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

A couple of my favorites were:

Icewind Dale - loved that Jerrod's Stone tale and the fact that Belhifet was the narrator

NHL 99 - didn't like the game too much (the last of a long line of NHL games between the legendary 94 and the great 2000) but the intro was one of the best with a great song and great clips

Michael Jackson's Moonwalker - car transform and the coin flip jukebox thing... all I remember thinking was "omg so cool and so pro"

Planescape: Torment - creepy and interesting

Planescape: Torment - creepy and interesting

Excellent intro :thumbsup:

I probably enjoyed it more the second and subsequent playthroughs though, since I sort of had an inkling of what was happening in it.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I could have sworn that the intro wasn't that long on the Amiga version. Too long since I played that one :thumbsup:

Great game though. I would love to see a version that runs on a modern computer (without emulator).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

best game intro? who freaking cares?

well, obviously some o' you folks care, but to Gromnir, we typically value intro as much as we does the box art... or the crappy tchotchke stuff that sometimes gets included with purchase: cloth map, dice, autographed photo o' radio-face developers, etc.

for story driven games, an intro "movie" can effectively entertain and educate player... let audience know important stuff w/o resorting to tedious in-game dialogue. iwd, with winchester's narration and the storybook kinda art, were one o' the best approaches we can be recalling. even so...

am all for building a strong intro, but typically game intros is pre-intro material... cut out the intro and most games would play exact same.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

iwd, with winchester's narration and the storybook kinda art, were one o' the best approaches we can be recalling.

yeah, that was some excellent v/o work and visuals.

also props for the MASH reference.

Edited by newc0253

dumber than a bag of hammers

Didn't we have a "best ending" thread once upon a time?

Because I like the sound of my own voice:

Funny, I don't really remember that many game intros, even from games played regularly or recently.

<...snip...>

I am more likely to remember game endings rather than intros.