Yes, he can make things worse for himself...

Deadly_Nightshade

...a new regulation that would allow doctors to deny medical services on the basis of their religious or moral beliefs, overriding current state laws...

TIME - Special Issue: The Republicans, Page 15

I'll write more about this, and try to post an on-line article or a better picture, tomorrow. :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Jolly good. There was a furore in the UK some months back about Muslim student doctors refusing to learn about, or treat, alcohol-related illness. I imagine Mr. Bush would support this whole-heartedly? I, on the other hand, do not.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Yes, finally. Doctors who cast moral judgement on what they want to treat on their patients. This is exactly what lies on the interests of the patient, right?

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

...a new regulation that would allow doctors to deny medical services on the basis of their religious or moral beliefs, overriding current state laws...

TIME - Special Issue: The Republicans, Page 15

I'll write more about this, and try to post an on-line article or a better picture, tomorrow. :thumbsup:

summarized:

derpheadza8.th.jpg

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Guest The Architect

Why would a doctor deny medical services on anyone when there's money to be made for them? Or don't American doctors get paid on a fee for service basis any more?

I do understand that a doctor should be free to exercise their right to choose, in the same way as I believe a woman ought to. However, a slight side-issue occurs to me: how do you plan emergency services with doctors picking and choosing what they do? What's to stop some white supremacist from refusing to treat black people because he believes they are "tarred with the sin of Cain" or whatever?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Doctors should have the right to choose unless it is an emergency where time matters.

My problem with this sort of thing would be information. If a doctor refuses work because of bigotry or something equally ridiculous then I'd like the opportunity to know that and avoid that particular doctor.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

I have a hard time believing doctors are going to be denying people service, and if any do then they probably wouldn't be doctors that are working in places that require patients to be treated in a super timely fashion. So the people would be able to go somewhere else.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I do understand that a doctor should be free to exercise their right to choose, in the same way as I believe a woman ought to.

No. That would be like saying a policeman should be allowed to choose which crimes he wanted to pursue.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Police already do choose what crimes they want to pursue.

Take that society!

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

No, I meant that in a way as to say all cops are corrupt in a satirical manner. I wasn't trying to make a point.

Wasn't there somehting like that for birth control pills too?

Oh man, I can't believe it... This is really bad. "Nah, you're a musilm, no treatment for you", "Infusing someone else's blood? That's immoral! Forget it!", "You 'need' the pill only to kill potential life. Not with me..."

If capital G will ever have an accident and should be treated by a surgeon, this doctor should refuse. It's immoral and against any belief in humanity and all that's good in the world to let that source of disaster live. Also, it would be ironic, and that's always good :thumbsup:

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

What does this mean, that there are doctors who won't perform abortions.

Or anything else they feel is against their "religious or moral beliefs" - the title of the piece is misleading in that respect. :thumbsup:

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Maybe it's just me but I don't think anyone should be forced to kill a baby if they don't want to.

Fine, that is why there are abortion clinics, but what about prescribing birth-control pills or treating alcohol-related diseases? Those are just two of the infinite number of things "doctors" could withhold for "moral" reasons. What about this, would you support someone who believed that Canadians were evil and deserved no care? If not, how is that any different? :thumbsup:

-Hurlshot

Krookie: Yeah, the pill is killing a baby... Just like condoms.

Real abortions however that are not necessary for the survival of the mother are allowed only for a few weeks (about 2 months I think) after becoming pregnant and for certain reasons. At least that's the law in my country, as far as I know.

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority