The Gamer's Bill of Rights

mkreku

You've obviously never played full-contact chess! :bat:

No, I simply don't have the time these days to keep track of several games. A fringe benefit of forums, you get to hear stuff you would otherwise miss.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

At this point JA3 is very likely trapped in development hell, so it's not worth arguing over. It got bumped from this year to 2010, that's a bad sign.

Heroes of Might and Magic 4 was in 3d? I remember it being crap, but not 3d.

HoMM5 was in 3D and I think they actually did a great job of reviving the franchise.

*cough*Mario64Ocarinaoftime*cough*

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

hehe, wow. i just read the so-called "bill of rights." funny, but a good marketing ploy nonetheless. madboris over at ve3d made one excellent point: why do we keep inundating the today's youths with a sense that the world owes them something? ultimately all gamers have one irrefutable right: the right not to buy a product whether it sucks or not. it is up to every consumer of any product to conduct some basic research prior to making a purchase.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

hehe, wow. i just read the so-called "bill of rights." funny, but a good marketing ploy nonetheless. madboris over at ve3d made one excellent point: why do we keep inundating the today's youths with a sense that the world owes them something? ultimately all gamers have one irrefutable right: the right not to buy a product whether it sucks or not. it is up to every consumer of any product to conduct some basic research prior to making a purchase.

taks

It's a feature of our modern capitalist world that 'The Consumer is King'. Most gamers do not believe the world owes them something, but they do expect to have power as consumers. Expressing a dislike for a DRM system and a preference for alternative models of anti-piracy is not unreasonable, nor is it childish. We need more campaigns on this issue, and we need some powerful consumer associations to effect some changes in an industry that too often treats its consumers like crap and expects to get away with it.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

"Most gamers do not believe the world owes them something"

They sure do hence all the thievery. And, whining. And, crying. And, belittling of developers and publishers as human beings. And, always the ffort to get something free or as cheap as can be.

Customers are scumbags who are selfish pieces of crap.

"We need more campaigns on this issue, and we need some powerful consumer associations to effect some changes in an industry that too often treats its consumers like crap and expects to get away with it."

NO! That be horrible - and, it's bad enough we have some groups/people who try to act like that.

What's needed is an organziation to smack down customers who think the world evolves around them when it doesn't.

"It's a feature of our modern capitalist world that 'The Consumer is King'."

And, it's an immoral feature that is broken, and leads to the evils that customers have become.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Most gamers do not believe the world owes them something"

They sure do hence all the thievery. And, whioning. And, crying. And, belittling of developrs and publishers as human beings. And, always the ffort to get soemthing frre or as cheap as can be.

Custoemrs are scumbags who are selfish pieces of crap.

"We need more campaigns on this issue, and we need some powerful consumer associations to effect some changes in an industry that too often treats its consumers like crap and expects to get away with it."

NO! That be horribvle - and, iot's bad enough we have some groups/people who try to act like that.

What's needed is an organziation to smack down customers who think the world evolves around them when it doesn't.

"It's a feature of our modern capitalist world that 'The Consumer is King'."

And, it's an immoral feature that is broken, and leads to the evils that customers have become.

I bet you are or have been a worker in some sort of retail or interaction with customers.

;) R00fles! :dragon:

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Well, thank you for your contribution, Volourn, interesting as always. Nevertheless, the growth of consumer power and consumer organisation has had a positive effect in other areas of the economy - getting shoe companies to stop using child labour, for example. It's not perfect and it's not as powerful as I'd like it to be, but it's an important mechanism for improving how companies behave. ;)

Anyone know anything about these people?

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)