Not even close to.. BREAKING NEWS: FALLOUT3

The mudcrabs looks like they put up a bit more of a fight in this game :teehee:

Otherwise, it looks like a western version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with bad combat. I almost expected that sheriff to grab a guitar, sit down and start singing in Russian. The pipboy and music felt completely out of place in this game :)

Somewhere on the Bethesda forums a poster noticed this, too. As for the music you have to remember that Fallout 3 is based on the 1950's versions of the future. To me, it therefore makes sense that the music used is from the 1950's in the game. This means there have been no hiphop, no breakdance, no house or dance music. Only the 1950's music - like a place frozen in time.

Oh, I know it is a tribute to the setting of the originals. My problem with the 5 movie clips was, that it was the only thing "50'es" about them. The had that retro "90'es" feel to it (hence the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. reference) ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

@IWTK3

Fallout 3 is neither elder scrolls with guns or Oblivion with guns and that wasn't what I was saying. What I was saying is that to expect Bethesda to make anything close to an interplay fallout is close to plain insanity.

When I say I'd rather have an axe than that lazer gun, you can safely assume I was being sarcastic.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

The mudcrabs looks like they put up a bit more of a fight in this game :)

Otherwise, it looks like a western version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with bad combat. I almost expected that sheriff to grab a guitar, sit down and start singing in Russian. The pipboy and music felt completely out of place in this game :)

Somewhere on the Bethesda forums a poster noticed this, too. As for the music you have to remember that Fallout 3 is based on the 1950's versions of the future. To me, it therefore makes sense that the music used is from the 1950's in the game. This means there have been no hiphop, no breakdance, no house or dance music. Only the 1950's music - like a place frozen in time.

Oh, I know it is a tribute to the setting of the originals. My problem with the 5 movie clips was, that it was the only thing "50'es" about them. The had that retro "90'es" feel to it (hence the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. reference) :)

Otoh, the non-vault locations in the originals didn't have all that much of the 50's vibe either... Nor did they have 50's music in those locations of course.

Why was the fallout with swords comment in edge magazine...

Fallout with swords, Oblivion with guns what's the difference?

I'm trying to deduce the comments origin.

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

To bring up another name, didn't know Bruce Nesmith was involved with Fallout 3 til a few days ago. He's old school TSR enough to have worked on Gamma World in the early 80's.

In the interview, interesting how Emil mentions that there in no creative lead, or design lead, for Fallout 3, with the executive producer being the "leader". Designers are simply designers with no such differentiation among them. As it should be.

Ron Pearlman plays in Fallout 3. Add +1 to the score.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"