Not even close to.. BREAKING NEWS: FALLOUT3

It does show how conversations work, a side quest to its completion, and how combat works with various weapons. I think my favorite part was when the character planted a live grenade on the ghoul, though using a suped up nail gun to pin a raider's head against some shelving is a close second.

Edited by Killian Kalthorne

"Your Job is not to die for your country, but set a man on fire, and take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

I liked the live grenade thing, and the nuke was nice. The concept of the vault sounds nice, I just wish you'd spend more time in it.

Still looks rather awful in combat though, as in the enemies don't really look at you and are utterly stupid. Breaks immersion.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The mudcrabs looks like they put up a bit more of a fight in this game :(

Otherwise, it looks like a western version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with bad combat. I almost expected that sheriff to grab a guitar, sit down and start singing in Russian. The pipboy and music felt completely out of place in this game :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Am I the only one that thinks the music just doesn't fit?
...The pipboy and music felt completely out of place in this game :(

:lol:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Heh, looked okay.

The C&C presented from blowing up the town are significant, I'll grant it that. Hopefully the rest of the game offers stuff to that extent, rather than it just being a sole example of such. The writing was pretty average, though, so my interest is pretty gone at that.

The Oblivion flashbacks were especially traumatizing (from the engine). I'll pass.

Edited by Llyranor

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

Ugh, the "Stand still and stare blankly at the camera please" dialogue cam is still there! Not a big deal in terms of judging the game but annoys me to no end.

Anyway, it's now confirmed - dialogue is better than Oblivion, but is very, very rarely going to provide an high in its own right. It's indeed going to be about exploration and C&C rather than combat and dialogue... and the atmosphere could be pretty good too if one avoids some glaring sillies.

Some bad voice acting again, notably on the part of Burke and the Monotone-Ghoul/Zombie Identity Crisis (VAers just dont seem to know how to handle non-human voices).

The mudcrabs looks like they put up a bit more of a fight in this game :lol:

Otherwise, it looks like a western version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. with bad combat. I almost expected that sheriff to grab a guitar, sit down and start singing in Russian. The pipboy and music felt completely out of place in this game :lol:

Somewhere on the Bethesda forums a poster noticed this, too. As for the music you have to remember that Fallout 3 is based on the 1950's versions of the future. To me, it therefore makes sense that the music used is from the 1950's in the game. This means there have been no hiphop, no breakdance, no house or dance music. Only the 1950's music - like a place frozen in time.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

Please support, Andrew Bub, the gamerdad - at http://gamingwithchildren.com/

Ugh, the "Stand still and stare blankly at the camera please" dialogue cam is still there! Not a big deal in terms of judging the game but annoys me to no end.

Anyway, it's now confirmed - dialogue is better than Oblivion, but is very, very rarely going to provide an high in its own right. It's indeed going to be about exploration and C&C rather than combat and dialogue... and the atmosphere could be pretty good too if one avoids some glaring sillies.

Some bad voice acting again, notably on the part of Burke and the Monotone-Ghoul/Zombie Identity Crisis (VAers just dont seem to know how to handle non-human voices).

I'm still hoping there'll be some quests based more on dialog, I think they mentioned more extensive dialog trees before. Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

If you expect anything but an elder scrolls-ish fallout from Bethesda at this point then you're putting yourself up for a dissapointment methinks.
Well, that's what we got AP for (crosses fingers)

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Some parts of the game look really good and some really bad. I'm gonna play it as an Elder Scrolls game.

Which is exacly what it is. ES with guns. I'd rather have an axe, myself. But the teddy bear launcher looks epic.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

The biggest problem with Oblivion I thought was the over-reliance on repetitive dungeons. If they got rid of those, that's already a huge step forward.

Dude don't mess with my elder scrolls! :lol:

Some of us want what you call repetitive dungeons out of the elder scrolls. I wouldn't exactly call them repetitive as most of them were quite different.

@IWTK3

Fallout 3 is neither elder scrolls with guns or Oblivion with guns and that wasn't what I was saying. What I was saying is that to expect Bethesda to make anything close to an interplay fallout is close to plain insanity.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Am I the only one that thinks the music just doesn't fit?
...The pipboy and music felt completely out of place in this game :teehee:

;)

The strange thing is I actually read your post before posting myself... :)

Definitely agreeing with the opinion that it looks semi S.T.A.L.K.E.R ish - especially the video of the character crawling through the building with the powerfist in it (subway was it?).

I'm not sure what to make of it. It has a hint of Oblivion about it. It doesn't really seem to come across as Fallout though, albeit in its name, which is a shame. Admitedly they were just a few short videos so it is difficult to form an impression without actually playing the game.

I just can't put my finger on it. There's something not quite right.