Star Wars: The Old Republic MMO: Ideas and Discussion Part 1

It will be interesting to see if they do allow people to stay grey or neutral. They have it so publicized that it is Jedi vs. Sith that it makes it appear as if you you have to be either side.

I'm thinking it would be cool to run a guild of mercenaries, that sell their special services to one side or the other... depending on who's paying more credits... Kind of like what the Mandalorians have become in KOTOR II.

• 3 weeks later...
Smugglers would most likely work for any side... and sell to the highest bidder. Can't really imagine "light side"/"dark side" having any meaning for non-Force sensitives anyway. :p

I dont know about smugglers, but it's been stated that Bounty Hunters, though they will initially be slated for the Sith side of things, may be able to decide who

they want to assist in the galactic struggle. Maybe making certain quest decisions will open up opportunities to work for the Republic? All kinds of possibilities to be explored there IMO.

"The dimmest light can shatter the darkest night, and the light I carry is in no way dim."

benjamin1kn.jpg

It would be very cool if any class could change side.. Republican soldiers could become mecenaries, Jedis could fall and Siths could be "redeemed" etc.

Probably a bit too much work though..

Fortune favors the bald.

It would be very cool if any class could change side.. Republican soldiers could become mecenaries, Jedis could fall and Siths could be "redeemed" etc.

Heh idk. Games are becoming more advanced.

Just played Arma 2... whoaaa....

They have a lot of development time for this MMO and can implement something such as this.

Can't be much harder than doing a set of quests that determine whether which path you take.

Why the hell didn't the game developers think of that when they were making the first game. That sounds like a good idea.

deicideLogo5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Why the hell didn't the game developers think of that when they were making the first game. That sounds like a good idea.

There is no confirmation as to whether or not this is in the game or not...

So yes, its a good idea and its very well possibly in the game. Or goign to be when they get around to it.

By first game you mean Galaxies? They kinda did, but it was built into the really odd faction system. Basically, in galaxies, you selected your faction and could be either covert or overt. You were never hard line affiliated with either faction, but you were more of an independent contractor. As to the whole Jedi/Sith thing, I don't think they allowed sith per se because if a Sith appeared Vader and the Emp would be all over it like white on rice.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I meant KotOR I.

That'd just be to hard to implement because you'd end up making two stories that'd be mostly exclusive.

I see a lot of people are happy with this game but

i for one is not why is this an mmo for? I don't have the money to pay for some stupid game monthly so i miss out on all the star wars fun , thats not fair and an less they make this free to play or microtransiction i don't give a left shoe about

blap london

aaliyah-20071002-319152_V96.jpg

That sucks and I used to be in the same boat.

After a little bit I realized that MMO games aren't as expensive as I'd thought, because playing MMOs means I'll be spending less money elsewhere.

yup.

And actually if they did do microtransactions you might end up spending more than the monthly fee.

Hell, I'm able to come up with a monthly fee for my WoW account and I have a job in name only (meaning that I only get 4 hours in a blue moon)