Help with FRAPS

I have the full registered version. Every time I try recording a game, lets say KotOR II, it causes my computer to seriously lag/glitch. I've reduced the quality of the game and the recording settings but that didn't do a thing. I've tried looking around online but no one seems to have a very definitive answer. I can't post my specs yet, as I'm not around my desktop, I'll post them tomorrow. Until then, does anyone have any general advice for me? Has this happened to you?

Hi Brittany. :) I've moved this to our KOTOR section, where it stands a better chance of getting an answer.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Some games will run fine without FRAPS and then drop to 5-10 FPS when you are running both. You might try more RAM if you have less than 1gb or so, but that really all I can think of - I'll see if I can duplicate the problem on my laptop and get back to you.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

The load on the pc from all that video-info can be immense...especially w/older pcs. Definitely get more RAM. But even with that, some games will drop their frame rate by quite a lot when you turn Fraps on. It's just something that has to be accepted and lived with, at the moment.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts