Kotor3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion Part 26

This one.

Honestly popularity has little to do with being good before a game comes out. And still it's one of the most anticipated titles for the PC ALREADY makes a point that a LOT of people are interested and want it. I'm sure it'd be farther down if it was just Kotor 3. But then that'd also depend on the developer for K3 and what we knew.

IF BioWare was doing the KotOR III, it might be in the Top 40. And also, probably 80-90% of the KotOR fans dont care if it's not MMO or if it is MMO. But take the dont care side and multiply that with the anti-MMO crew and you'll be adding maybe 10% of KotOR fans to 80-90%, higher is better, right. :p . And again, I dont give a crap about popularity, I play games that I like and not top 40 bull crap.

deicideLogo5.jpg

This one.

Honestly popularity has little to do with being good before a game comes out. And still it's one of the most anticipated titles for the PC ALREADY makes a point that a LOT of people are interested and want it. I'm sure it'd be farther down if it was just Kotor 3. But then that'd also depend on the developer for K3 and what we knew.

IF BioWare was doing the KotOR III, it might be in the Top 40. And also, probably 80-90% of the KotOR fans dont care if it's not MMO or if it is MMO. But take the dont care side and multiply that with the anti-MMO crew and you'll be adding maybe 10% of KotOR fans to 80-90%, higher is better, right. :lol: . And again, I dont give a crap about popularity, I play games that I like and not top 40 bull crap.

So why'd you bring up popularity anyway?

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

This one.

IF BioWare was doing the KotOR III, it might be in the Top 40. And also, probably 80-90% of the KotOR fans dont care if it's not MMO or if it is MMO. But take the dont care side and multiply that with the anti-MMO crew and you'll be adding maybe 10% of KotOR fans to 80-90%, higher is better, right. :) . And again, I dont give a crap about popularity, I play games that I like and not top 40 bull crap.

So why'd you bring up popularity anyway?

For those who do only play popular games, and closed-minded they can be, I've come across many gamers who only play popular games, and they can be some of the most closed-minded bastards ever. Anyway, I say we just drop the popularity subject.

deicideLogo5.jpg

In case you guys have forgot this is a topic about ideas for KotOR III lol not whatever the hell its turned into...

I was talking with a longtime KotOR friend of mine about what he'd want to see in a future KotOR. I thought his ideas were interesting...what if the story was done in a completely different manor alltogether. Like having Chapters like (in a book) or Parts like (in a movie). I know it would kinda take away from the RPG element but it'd be a new refreshing approuch. For instance...

You have an opening prologe to inform the player as to what the current state of affairs is...short gameplay sequence to introduce the player to the new controls and such.

Chapter 1: A Lost Droid

You take on the role as HK-47, your primary goal now is to track down your Master- Revan. In the process you've been taken captive by hostile pirates/mercenaries seeking to sell the prized droid to the highest bidder. Gameplay will start with the role of busting out and taking control of the ship, say a good 20-30 minute gameplay sequence with you making progress then...cutscene, Mandalore led by his fleet slip from hyperspace lock onto the ship. Canderous is in search of HK to get the information stored in his memory- namely Revans last known location. His troops board the ship and after a heated battle incapacitate the droid, Mandalore leaves the thugs to their fate floating off dead into space. Extracting the information Canderous learns Revans last possible location is on the fringes of the outer rim on some undocumented planet. He travels there with his fleet in the hopes of finding more information about Revan...

Chapter 2: In Search of a Hero

Months have passed since your trek into Unknown Space and you as the Exile are truly lost having fought perilous battle after perilous battle on unknown worlds in search of Revan. Many have died and you are reduced to a fighting few with your supplies wanning. Gamplay begins with your approch to a mysterious planet clouded in dark side energy, like a dozen times before you have no idea what you will encounter. You trek across the desolate world seemingly devoid of life eventually coming across strange warriors the likes of which no one has seen before, they are unending and fierce fighters killing two more of your party...you take shelter in a nearby cave as they hunt for you overnight. While recovering your last party member dies of his wounds 'lets say Atton'. Helpless you hear an echo inside the cave reminicent of a familiar betrayed voice "You will die here unless you find him"...the eerie message drives you on as morning comes and you continue on trying to make it back to the Ebon Hawk. Fighting off all attempts you are fatally wounded cradling back to your ship, surprisingly you receive no more attackers until you're desolate walk back to your ship reveals why...around the ship you see bodies upon bodies of the mysterious dead warriors, then as the player your heart shudders as you hear clanking feet from the ramp. You gasp in awe as your jorney is over, slowly from the shadows emerges Revan without his mask (kinda like my avatar)...you approuch, he simply says..."I need your help"

We skip ahead a few chapters as things happen with Revan and the Exile...

Chapter 5: A Trap is a Trap

You take on the role as Mandalore now as you emerge from hyperspace to the droids coordinates, surprisingly you find nothing but wreckage of destroyed ships and an ongoing space battle, there is no planet in sight. HK had tricked them! Or had he? The Hunter Killer droid took his coordinates from another sneaky little droid, T3-M4. The little droid had purposely given him the wrong information knowing the Mandalorians would track him down and follow the coordinates...but at the moment the deception seemed secondary to your current threat, the Republic is dispatching of what's left of a long since crumbled Sith Empire. In a battle of your choosing, air, ground, whatever you and the Republic ships destroy what is left. A tense moment ensues as the Republic and Mandalorian fleet begin towards each other in attack formation, a message then plays through...it's an old familar face, Carth. He demands his fleet stand down...Mandalore is unimpressed having been lured here, they begin to proceed with their attack when Carth utters the magic words "I think I knows where Revan is"...he stands down and the two meet on the bridge of the Republic ship, Carth reveals an artifact found on the dead Sith leader with enscribed writings that look like hyperspace coordinates. The two confer and tentatively agree to join forces and go to the coordinates together...

I could write some more if you want but these are just ideas, some of many I've contribed. I think it would be a nice approch to the next game doing it this way with Chapters and Parts allowing you to play as multiple characters you love instead of isolating you to just one...like I said it takes away the RPG element but they could integrate it into more of a overall story format instead of just one perspective. Refreshing in my view...but likely shot down and not workable >_< Let me know and I you want to hear more... :)

Now TOR is down to 16. But I have some Ideas as well, I've already posted it but I'll bring it up anyway:

I've got a few ideas for a K3.

KotOR III: Rise of the Republic

Planets Visited:

Intimidator (Sith Interdictor Ship)

Kuat

Mon Calamari

Bespin

Carida

Yavin IV

Onderon

Mustafar

Coruscant

Order in which planets are visited:

Intimidator (Sith Interdictor Ship)

Kuat

Mon Calamari

(Bespin, Carida, Yavin IV, Onderon, any order)

Mon Calamari

Mustafar

Kuat

Coruscant

Party Members:

Mission (grown up)

Bastila

The Droids (HK and T3)

Zaalbar

Handmaiden

(New Person) Urai Fen

(New Person)

(New Person) (A former Sith Trooper) (It's NOT Azkul)

(New Person)

(New Person)

Revan

Carth

Your Playable Character:

A former Sith Lord and Fallen Jedi, 3 years after Mandalorian Wars redeemed, (Darth Moun)

Starting:

You break out of a Sith prison, and escape a Sith Interdictor ship, Intimidator and grab an escape pod and crash land on Kuat.

Who Can be trained as a Jedi:

Urai Fen (Jedi Guardian)

Carth (Jedi Sentinel)

Zaalbar (Jedi Sentinel)

2 new people 1. Jedi Consular 2. Jedi Guardian

Revan's Alignment:

Light

New Saber Colors:

Brown

Scarlet

Majenta

Black

Gold

Mission:

To capture the following Sith Lords and bring them back to the Jedi Council:

Darth Svehla (Carida)

Darth Kron (Bespin)

Darth Prodeus (Onderon)

Darth Revan (Yavin IV)

Darth Zeta (Mustafar)

New Attributes:

Toughness (Equals how intimidating the character is and how many extra vitality points are gained during level up)

Anticipation (Equals how patient the character is and how easy it is to gain influence with your Party Members and how easy it is for party members to gain influence with you)

Where you meet party members:

Mission (Kuat)

Zaalbar (Kuat)

Bastila (Bespin)

HK-47 (Onderon)

T3-M4 (Kuat)

Handmaiden (Carida)

Urai Fen (Kuat)

Carth (Bespin)

Revan (Yavin IV)

New Classes:

Scoundrel Soldier: A scoundrel who has more vitality and more combat effectiveness, loss of a few skill points during level up though. Can wear Heavy Armor at beginning.

Warrior: A class that gets a few more skill points unlike soldiers. Can wear Medium Armor at the beginning.

Merc: A stealth master like scoundrels and very similar to scoundrels only can wear heavy armor at beginning and earn one bonus feat: Merc Intellgence.

Bounty Hunter: Able to wear Medium Armor at beginning, and very sneaky, and get an automatic +3 bonus to their dexterity. Dont earn a lot of skill points during level ups though

Jedi Hunter: Like the Bounty Hunter only gains Force Powers at a fast rate.

New Class Info:

+2: Excellent

+1: Good

0: Okay

-1: Below Average

-2: Severe Weakness

Scoundrel Soldier:

Vitality: +1

Skill Points: 0

Armor: Heavy

Feat Progression: 0

Skill Progression: +1

Warrior:

Vitality: +2

Skill Points: -1

Armor: Medium

Feat Progresion: +2

Skill Progression: -1

Merc:

Vitality: -1

Skill Points: +2

Armor: Heavy

Feat Progression: 0

Skill Progression: +2

Bounty Hunter:

Vitality: 0

Skill Points: -2

Armor: Medium

Feat Progression: +1

Skill Progression: +2

Attributes:

Mission:

Strength: 14

Dexterity: 13

Constitution: 15

Intelligence: 16

Wisdom: 11

Charisma: 10

Anticipation: 13

Toughness: 10

Class: Scoundrel Soldier

Best Weapon Choice: Melee, Dual Melee

Zaalbar:

Strength: 20

Dexterity: 16

Constitution: 18

Intelligence: 10

Wisdom: 12

Charisma: 9

Anticipation: 10

Toughness: 20

Class: Scout

Best Weapon Choice: Blaster Rifle, Heavy Weapon, Melee

Bastila:

Strength: 13

Dexterity: 17

Constitution: 12

Wisdom: 15

Charisma: 12

Anticipation: 14

Toughness: 12

Class: Jedi Guardian

Best Weapon Choice: Lightsaber, Melee, Dual Melee

HK-47:

Strength: 12

Constitution: 11

Intelligence: 12

Wisdom: 14

Charisma: 11

Toughness: 15

Class: Combat Droid

Best Weapon Choice: Blaster Rifle, Dual Blaster Pistol

T3-M4:

Strength: 10

Constitution: 15

Intelligence: 20

Wisdom: 10

Charisma: 11

Anticipation: 16

Toughness: 9

Class: Expert Droid

Best Weapon Choice: Dual Blaster Pistol

Handmaiden:

Strength: 16

Dexterity: 12

Constitution: 14

Intelligence: 11

Anticipation: 11

Toughness: 13

Class: Soldier

Best Weapon Choice: Melee, Dual Melee

Urai Fen:

Strength: 22

Dexterity: 11

Constitution: 16

Wisdom: 12

Charisma: 13

Anticipation: 11

Toughness: 16

Class: Warrior

Best Weapon Choice: Dual Melee, Unarmed

Carth:

Dexterity: 14

Intelligence: 14

Charisma: 10

Class: Soldier

Best Weapon Choice: Dual Melee

Revan:

Dexterity: 11

Intelligence: 12

Wisdom: 17

Anticipation: 12

Class: Jedi Consular

Best Weapon Choice: Lightsaber

Other Notes:

The attempt to capture Darth Zeta always will result in Revan being captured and attempting to capture Zeta will always fail. He'll escape.

New Ship: Marauder Cruiser, Crusher, has the Ebon Hawk in the hangar though, because at one point, you'll have to split your party when you'll need to send party members to Mustafar and Kuat. Your character will go to Kuat.

Peace Out.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

Now TOR is down to 16.

And we still don't care. :)

Actually seeing TOR go down on IGN's charts makes me strangely happy... I wonder why...

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Now TOR is down to 16.

And we still don't care. >_<

Actually seeing TOR go down on IGN's charts makes me strangely happy... I wonder why...

but that chart is indicitive of what? That people aren't interested in something that doesn't have a newsfeed 24/7 about it before it comes out?

You guys can convince yourselves that somehow SWTOR is becoming less popular, but you're just kidding yourselves.

SWTOR hasn't had any big updates lately, so people aren't clicking on the IGN links for the game. Other games are coming out sooner, so they'll garner more web traffic.

I was checking out their site quite a bit to see what was going on about the game and the story etc. but nothing there from Bioware really draws me in and away from my need for KOTOR III. I would surely to like the possible sequel to perhaps contain 2 stories in parallel. You control both Exile and Revan, switching between the two in the story as it unfolds. Would be quite fulfilling to have all questions, quests and fates answered in a more cinematic approach.

Best regards,

Richard Edmonds

Maybe then to choose either continuing old character or play new one. as for me I'm very proud of what exile had become in my game and it would be pity to lost all of that.

This is my suggestion->

Next episode: Exile go out of rim in search of Revan-> there he find him -> people get whole story of what happened to Revan and what will happen after -> battle with sith, real sith they came to find -> rebuilded jedi order (revan's doctrine) -> ...

Were you disappointed when you learned you weren't going to be Revan in KOTOR 2?

The big problem with the Exile is that he's ridiculously powerful by the end of KOTOR 2. Either you make a gimmick to weaken his power, or you're having him fight ridiculously powerful bosses in order to provide any sort of challenge.

Well, Exile was powerful jedi, didn't he? If it is to much to handle, then he can be ordinary jedi at the beginning. And hell no... I'm not one of those Revan fans, but I'm "galaxy far, far away" fan :facepalm: Just want whole story. That's all.

Maybe then to choose either continuing old character or play new one. as for me I'm very proud of what exile had become in my game and it would be pity to lost all of that.

This is my suggestion->

Next episode: Exile go out of rim in search of Revan-> there he find him -> people get whole story of what happened to Revan and what will happen after -> battle with sith, real sith they came to find -> rebuilded jedi order (revan's doctrine) -> ...

this would be REALLY hard to implement because they have to have a few different storyline from the different characters