Kotor3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion Part 26

I don't really think Obz is that passionate about K3 anymore, do you? I mean, they are busy with their own IP Alpha Protocol and now they have a chance to make some Fallout games/expansions if NV sells well. I imagine they have stronger feelings for the FO universe, seeing as Chris Avellone pretty much canonized the setting with his Fallout Bible. :)

Love to see K3 though, it's my favorite SW setting so far.

I really hope they haven't lost interest. :)

Besides I don't play Fallout games. :ermm:

Edited by Moonfever

I love the night, so peaceful and calm.

I don't really think Obz is that passionate about K3 anymore, do you? I mean, they are busy with their own IP Alpha Protocol and now they have a chance to make some Fallout games/expansions if NV sells well. I imagine they have stronger feelings for the FO universe, seeing as Chris Avellone pretty much canonized the setting with his Fallout Bible. ;)

I really hope they haven't lost interest. :rolleyes:

Besides I don't play Fallout games. :sorcerer:

Honestly one thing people don't seem to consider is that a developer can't just say "I wanna make a game for X franchise!" and then do it, they have to get the rights and permissions to actually make the game with the owner of said franchise. As passionate as somebody may be about a particular setting or series, they still have to appease the lords of that franchise to do it.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Agreed, that died as soon as they announced the MMO...

Not necessarily. I think the chances of Bioware doing a single player continuation of the franchise died, yes, but not Obsidian's. In fact, if the writers at Bioware are smart (and I feel they are), they will look for a way for the people here at Obsidian who are passionate about getting a chance with Kotor III to work with the The Old Republic. I can still see a real Kotor III to end the game series working, especially knowing that Drew Karpyshyn is at Bioware now working on TOR in Texas and Chris Avellone wanting to do a Kotor III.

No. Kotor is dead. There won't be another game. EA will say that it distracts from TOR. They need people to keep playing so they can rack up impressive stats and therefore attract new suckers players.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Not necessarily. I think the chances of Bioware doing a single player continuation of the franchise died, yes, but not Obsidian's. In fact, if the writers at Bioware are smart (and I feel they are), they will look for a way for the people here at Obsidian who are passionate about getting a chance with Kotor III to work with the The Old Republic. I can still see a real Kotor III to end the game series working, especially knowing that Drew Karpyshyn is at Bioware now working on TOR in Texas and Chris Avellone wanting to do a Kotor III.

No. Kotor is dead. There won't be another game. EA will say that it distracts from TOR. They need people to keep playing so they can rack up impressive stats and therefore attract new suckers players.

EA doesn't own the license to Star Wars, Lucasarts/Lucasfilm does. Lucas gets the decision.

I don't really think Obz is that passionate about K3 anymore, do you? I mean, they are busy with their own IP Alpha Protocol and now they have a chance to make some Fallout games/expansions if NV sells well. I imagine they have stronger feelings for the FO universe, seeing as Chris Avellone pretty much canonized the setting with his Fallout Bible. :)

actually an article came out on g4 june 16th about a secret game obsidian is currently workin on and it says-

Developer Obsidian Entertainment (Neverwinter Nights 2, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords) might be currently up to its irradiated eyes in Fallout: New Vegas development, that

I do not fear the darkside as you do - Anikin Skywalker / Lord Vader

I don't really think Obz is that passionate about K3 anymore, do you? I mean, they are busy with their own IP Alpha Protocol and now they have a chance to make some Fallout games/expansions if NV sells well. I imagine they have stronger feelings for the FO universe, seeing as Chris Avellone pretty much canonized the setting with his Fallout Bible. :(

actually an article came out on g4 june 16th about a secret game obsidian is currently workin on and it says-

Developer Obsidian Entertainment (Neverwinter Nights 2, Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords) might be currently up to its irradiated eyes in Fallout: New Vegas development, that

They do, however, own Bioware.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

EA can't tell Obsidian what games to make.

Obsidian could very well make KOTOR III and not care what EA has to say about it.

EA can't tell Obsidian what games to make.

Obsidian could very well make KOTOR III and not care what EA has to say about it.

EA can't tell what games people make, but they do make the decisions which ones are getting published under their aegis. And anything under the star wars license has to go through Lucas Arts for verification.

• 1 month later...

This was originally copied from my created topic, I'd love to hear from you guys on it.

So with TOR official (it being a thousand years or however long) into the future with the real Sith finally returning at what time should the story of KotOR III take place at? And once permitting that how? Any ideas? Keep in mind Bioware has said they'll be mentions and decendants of old characters but everyone (including Revan) will not be involved.

Here's a few possibilities I think:

1- A new character is created, say a fresh-faced passionate Padawan full of young exuberence being trained under one of the lost Jedi...a: some threat arises in the known galaxy (say a crime lord or some such bad guy from the vacuum of both wars) and he faces it with the other lost Jedi with Revan and the Exile returning from Unknown space towards the end. b: one day he leaves his Master before his training is complete (this would setup the pitfall of light/dark side) and goes to look for Revan and the Exile while the rest of the Republic/Mandalorians lie in wait, after several cross planetary clues he finds both Jedi and the story resumes from there. (Not much detail here but something like this could write itself)

(I get into more detail here but I'm a writer on the side...sorta my personal fantasy of a perfect way to tie in the trilogy)

2- You resume your role as either the Exile or Revan (choosing before you begin the game), a: the Exile finds Revan in a dismal state having been defeated and enslaved by the true Sith for some time, as the Exile you free Revan and the two set out to destroy the Sith empire before they are ready to rally their forces for invasion. You run into an unstoppable Sith :mainbadguy-DarthWhatever: that originally defeated Revan, even with the combined power of the two strong Jedi they are no match for him and his forces. Dejected they escape the Unknown Regions with all hope lost...then we cut to a vision or Force ghost of Kreia, she informs them that hope is not lost but there is a way to defeat the Sith Lord but they must jouney back to Malachor V which has been miraculously restored through the Force...there, they return to the Trayus Core where Kreia awaits to inform that in order for them to suceed they must both fight one another to the death.

It is only by this way that one of them will be strong enough to confront the :mainSithbadguy: and defeat his rising empire(it would have to be Malachor V alone for the transferance of power to work). Reluctantly they agree knowing it to be the only way or the Sith will succeed. So as the player you make your choice and one of them eventually slays the other in an awe inspiring battle...for cannon I was thinking the Exile should kill Revan, I know no one is more powerful and every loves Reven but it's sorta be a passing of the torch as Master-Apprentice, plus the Exile has the advantage of the void in the Force that Revan does not...a tear jerking cinamatic with Revan dying in the Exiles arms or vice versa as the planet begins to break apart once again. The Exile escapes as the world returns to its former destroyed state, eventually he rallies the Republic under Carth, the Jedi under Bastila and the Mandalorians under Canderous.

They set out to the Unknown Regions after the rising Sith empire, a great battle ensues on the true Sith homeworld from the ground, in the air and between the Exile and the :mainSith:...in an epic duel the Exile with the new found strength is able to kill :theSithbadguy: and with his death his forces are stunted loosing the power of their Master, they are easily routed by the Republic and Mandalorians. The trilogy ends with Kreias redemtion for saving the galaxy returning to the light :herforceghostappears: or she is seen transformed into one. Then the Exile and the surviving members of the Republic celebrate finally, fully victorious as the Exile overlooks the cheering members of both armies from a higher level with the sun setting on the credits with the Republic entering a 200 year era of peace and prosperity. The End...but after the credits a lone Sith (either :mainSithbadguys: Apprentice or just plain Sith) is shown crawling from the wreckage after the battle swearing his vengeance upon the Republic and the Jedi, he leaves with a splintered force to a hidden world in the Unknown Regions where they could never be found, allowing their forces time to rebuilt unchecked. This is where TOR timeline would come in.

Obviously not getting into the specifics like varying party members or for a change (being the only two in Unknown Space) none at all. And we could switch up the dark/light storylines, of course on Dark Malachor survived...instead of the Exile finding Revan, the light Revan returns to assume control challenging a dark Exile...so on, so forth with everything falling into overall plot place.

You could spin it a hundred ways but I feel one of these ideas could be a winner, what do you think? I got probably a million plot ideas lol...

Edited by Anonymous

No matter how you spin it, KotOR III has much more deservance than The Old Republic will ever have, seriously, their probably pnly making this to compete with Galaxies, which was the @#$%%tiest game I wasted my time playing.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

k, basicly, u should be able to go to more planets. in kotor ii, there were like, 3 turret battles. WE NEED MORE. pls, u should get to visit all the blwn up places like peragus and Dantooine(Kotor 1) bsides, it just gets annoying when u get those Bonus missions and they stay wit u 4ever. Im oon Malachor V and i still have the Med bay murder bonus mission in my journal.

As much as I doubt K3 will ever be made, here are some things that I would like to see.

No new PC. We already have Exile and Revan. Adding another 'chosen one' would just dilute the whole story.

That said, let the player role play both Revan and the Exile. Eventually when they meet, just have the player choose both their responses either when talking to NPCs or when Revan and Exile speak with each other. That might seem weird, but I'm sure some talented designer/writer could make it work.

There is the level problem, but how about this. You start the game with Revan having infiltrated the True Sith world. In order to hide his true identity and powers, he has to adopt a new class, keeping his original Jedi talents suppressed. He could start off as a Sith soldier/bounty hunter/whatever, and then move on to Sith Marauder/Master/etc as the game progresses, learning dark side powers. This would be a new level 1-20 game.

I also think the game should mainly focus on Revan in the Sith World rather than splitting the game into a Revan portion and Exile portion. There are several reasons for this, the main one being that I think the Exile's story is mostly completed. She has pretty much accomplished what she set out to do, and the final leg of her journey is to help/confront Revan. Plus I think Revan infiltrating the Sith forces will present much more interesting gameplay/story opportunities. If you played a lightside Revan, how far are you willing to take your subterfuge without falling to the darkside as you try and keep your true motives a secret? If you played a darkside Revan, how much fun would it be to seduce other Sith Lords, double cross them, betray them and all that evil stuff. I really liked the Korriban sequence in K1 where you could play the Sith off each other and then betray them all in the end.

The main antagonist should definitely be a powerful Sith Lord, not maniacally evil like Malak, or mysteriously evil like Nihilus or pathetically evil like Sion. Like Revan the antagonist should represent power, should be secure in that power (unlike Malak) and shouldn't be afraid to use it. The game should make you wonder if the antagonist is really oblivious to your sabotage efforts or is just stringing you along for a far more evil purpose.

The final battle should be like the movies where there is a massive space battle, a smaller but critical land battle and powerful personal battle where your light/dark side ideals and skill are pushed to their limit. You should have the option of splitting up your followers to take part in the land or space battles. Also the Mandalorions jumping out of hyperspace at a critical moment with Canderous in the lead in a Basilisk War Droid bellowing a war cry is a must. >_<

Just my take.

No matter how you spin it, KotOR III has much more deservance than The Old Republic will ever have, seriously, their probably pnly making this to compete with Galaxies, which was the @#$%%tiest game I wasted my time playing.

... 1: check your spelling

2: don't post drunk

3: no game deserves or doesnt' deserve to be made based on fan appeal. That being said I'm guessing that there are more people out there who are happy with the fact that it's an MMO rather than an RPG than you think. Likewise I'm guessing that 90% of the gaming population doesn't really care that much.

And they wouldn't be competing against galaxies "pnly". to do so would be stupid, narrow sighted, and a total lack of any education of the business men. When you develop a product you're competing with EVERYTHING that can do the same thing as that product. This is (literally) business 101. Thus every game is competing with every other game for the gamers money. And if you wanna take it a step further, they're also competing with every other form of entertainment for that dollar.

Anyway, Kotor 3 is mostly dead to me, if it shows up, I want the frigging Basalisks to look like they originally did. Also put Exar Kun and Ulic in there in a meaningful way rather than just having them talked about idly. Introduce people to the Sith War, and it's players. Maybe tie the game in with a rerelease of the old comics.

Where do you come up with this stuff? You seem content to continue to make stuff up with the sole purpose of libeling the game. I can't even think of a point you've made about the game that has actually been factually correct.

Where do you come up with this stuff? You seem content to continue to make stuff up with the sole purpose of libeling the game. I can't even think of a point you've made about the game that has actually been factually correct.

The guys just using his freedom of speech man. Give him a break.

All hail Lord Revan!!! The True Dark Lord of the Sith!

What does freedom of speech have to do with blatantly displaying that you don't know anything about the game?

He has all the right in the world to state his incorrect assumptions about the game. Just as I have all the right in the world to call him on it.

What does freedom of speech have to do with blatantly displaying that you don't know anything about the game?

He has all the right in the world to state his incorrect assumptions about the game. Just as I have all the right in the world to call him on it.

You know last time i checked no one was expecting this MMO before it was announced. Just let ppl express there disappointment freely until we get over it. Its a huge ache for us REAL kotor fans that wanted a third game. Stop getting on everyones damn case and leave them alone. But...whatever man you can say what you want, keep ranting off with your intellectual b.s. Btw...have you ever been to SLC? You would fit right in with these crazy mormons.

All hail Lord Revan!!! The True Dark Lord of the Sith!

You know last time i checked no one was expecting this MMO before it was announced.

No one was expecting KOTOR before it was announced either. Having said that, the rumour mill of BioWare working on an MMO, as well as Lucasarts wanting to do an MMO, had been around for some time.

Its a huge ache for us REAL kotor fans that wanted a third game.

Trust me, I'm a real KOTOR fan too. Simply because I'm not bashing SWTOR doesn't mean that I don't want a KOTOR 3. Heck, I hope and pray that SWTOR is as much like KOTOR 3-7 that BioWare is hyping it up to be. Because THAT would be super sweet. If it's just WoW with lightsabers, then that is less interesting.

keep ranting off with your intellectual b.s.

I'll take that as a compliment.

Edited by alanschu

Keep to the topic and lay off the personal insults, even if nonsensical ones.

Please. :verymad:

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

To be clear, I'm not coming in crapping on people's ideas or desires for KOTOR 3.

You won't find me coming in and telling people that are keen on discussing KOTOR 3 ideas and what they'd like in the game, or even their hope that it will come out.

You will find me rolling my eyes and commenting on posts that lament the lack of a KOTOR 3 being made in conjuction with the decision that Lucasarts and BioWare made with respect to making SWTOR.

... 1: check your spelling

2: don't post drunk

3: no game deserves or doesnt' deserve to be made based on fan appeal. That being said I'm guessing that there are more people out there who are happy with the fact that it's an MMO rather than an RPG than you think. Likewise I'm guessing that 90% of the gaming population doesn't really care that much.

And they wouldn't be competing against galaxies "pnly". to do so would be stupid, narrow sighted, and a total lack of any education of the business men. When you develop a product you're competing with EVERYTHING that can do the same thing as that product. This is (literally) business 101. Thus every game is competing with every other game for the gamers money. And if you wanna take it a step further, they're also competing with every other form of entertainment for that dollar.

1. I meant to say "only".

2. I dont drink bull @#$% like beer

3. From what I see, it's quite obvious, they just want a Star Wars title up in the top MMO games in the world. To compete with Galaxies is another.

4. I dont see any other types of games being voted to (e.g. Top FPS games in the world). They only do this to MMO's from what I know.

5. I dont give a @#$% about popularity. I'd rather be playing good games rather than top 40 horse@#$%.

6. From what I know, most Top 40, Top 100 games are over-rated in my opinion. Halo is over-rated, WoW is over-rated, Call of Duty, over-rated, God of War is over-rated, Assassin's Creed is over-rated. Hell, TOR is number 5 and after watching some gameplay video's, it's got to be the most over-rated game I've come across in a long time.

deicideLogo5.jpg