Kotor3: Ideas, Suggestions, Discussion Part 26

How 'bout k3 not being a MMO?

I agree dude. **** MMO's (even though this is about the 18th time I've said this.

.... why the hatin?

Because theres always some bastards online waiting to do some stupid thing, like what happened to me when I was playing Star Wars: Galaxies, now here's the story on what happened:

Once I was playing as a really monster like human, tall and tough, and then one day in the cantina, I ran into a bunch of short tubby little fellow online players, next I knew they were jumping around me and saying "**** YOU!!" and swinging their little battle axes at me acting like a bunch of pricks who were raised by a pack of wolves, it might be a lot better if I just yell every cuss word I know right behind their little wretched asses and burn their head with a blow toy. That is the major reason why I gave up on MMO and multiplayer and online play, because there's always some bastards out there looking for some trouble. I did shoot those mother****ers in the head and they died, but they did it again and again, so I had to move to Naboo just to get away from those idiots.

deicideLogo5.jpg

I agree dude. **** MMO's (even though this is about the 18th time I've said this.

.... why the hatin?

Because theres always some bastards online waiting to do some stupid thing, like what happened to me when I was playing Star Wars: Galaxies, now here's the story on what happened:

Once I was playing as a really monster like human, tall and tough, and then one day in the cantina, I ran into a bunch of short tubby little fellow online players, next I knew they were jumping around me and saying "**** YOU!!" and swinging their little battle axes at me acting like a bunch of pricks who were raised by a pack of wolves, it might be a lot better if I just yell every cuss word I know right behind their little wretched asses and burn their head with a blow toy. That is the major reason why I gave up on MMO and multiplayer and online play, because there's always some bastards out there looking for some trouble. I did shoot those mother****ers in the head and they died, but they did it again and again, so I had to move to Naboo just to get away from those idiots.

so you have Multiplayer, not the MMO experience.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Keep the combat as the same as the previous two games. I didn't see any fault with it.

Neither did I. I really thought it was great. Especially the way the double light sabers work. It is so cool. :thumbsup:

I love the night, so peaceful and calm.

.... why the hatin?

I have had MMO experience, Star Wars: Galaxies is MMORPG, and I've had something similar happen to me when I played multiplayer or online play, like in Battlefront II I played online some bastard shot me down even though I was on their side, and on Battlefront I, when I was riding on an LAAT on Geonosis, some a-hole crashed into the Spire and destroying the ship in the process, on purpose to kill me. And on this one MMO game called Bots, some mother****er killed me then said "Suck my ****ing ****!!". And also on some other MMO game called LEGO: Roblox, some dingbat gathered 100+ fellow online players and circled me and I counldn't move on inch, then they catapulted me with balls, then said "Your homosexual.", the fact is that I'm Bisexual, so they're liars, after that I had to find them and kill them with a bomb then say "You guys are a bunch of ****ing jerks you homosexual maniacs!!" just to show them that I hate having jokes played on me, even if there not supposed to be insults. THAT is why I gave up on MMO's, multiplayer mode, and online play.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

Yes, immaturity is the bane of MMO. I tried a trial of World of Warcraft once and got constantly harassed because I happened to play a female character.

Play human male, then maybe those bastards wont harass you, but yeah, that is the point I was trying to get out, MMO's are filled with idiots, bastards, and immature children.

deicideLogo5.jpg

Play human male, then maybe those bastards wont harass you, but yeah, that is the point I was trying to get out, MMO's are filled with idiots, bastards, and immature children.

Yeh, but pretty much the entire internet is, really. Environments with no control that allow people to hide behind anonymity takes out the worst out of people. Another good example besides MMO is Youtube.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Yeh, but pretty much the entire internet is, really. Environments with no control that allow people to hide behind anonymity takes out the worst out of people. Another good example besides MMO is Youtube.

Yeah, I agree, I'm on YouTube and I've gotten a few idiots commenting immaturity on my channel and videos, but at least they let you block users on there to get those idiots to shut up, but yet that is my conclusion of getting bastards to shut up and quit making spam comments.

deicideLogo5.jpg

I understand your point in saying that the MMO community is composed of a certain amount of idiots but that doesn't mean MMO games are bad things because of some dumbass playing it too. There's always an amount of imbeciles in any community, real one or virtually one, so you have to find mean of dealing with it :x

As for a KOTOR 3 game it's seem less likely to happen than a year or too, but I'm kind of interested in what star wars tor will offer, it seems like it will be a more story oriented mmo than others mmo currently on the market, which is kind of interesting. So I won't condemned the game until I play it (don't get me wrong, I would have like a kotor 3 single game rpg before any kind of mmo but who knows it might be an awesome game on it's own too)

Edited by Revan Sky

I understand your point in saying that the MMO community is composed of a certain amount of idiots but that doesn't mean MMO games are bad things because of some dumbass playing it too. There's always an amount of imbeciles in any community, real one or virtually one, so you have to find mean of dealing with it :x

As for a KOTOR 3 game it's seem less likely to happen than a year or too, but I'm kind of interested in what star wars tor will offer, it seems like it will be a more story oriented mmo than others mmo currently on the market, which is kind of interesting. So I won't condemned the game until I play it (don't get me wrong, I would have like a kotor 3 single game rpg before any kind of mmo but who knows it might be an awesome game on it's own too)

There are plenty of dumbasses and a-holes out there and I wouldn't want to deal with it unles they let you shoot them down if you get insulted by those bastards. And I dont like jokes played on me even if they aren't insults, like the Battlefront experiences I've had like some bastard shooting me on purpose even though I was on their side and crashing an LAAT into the spire and destroying the ship in the process, those dumbasses should watch a little gift that I'm giving them

and turn the volume up on this thing.

deicideLogo5.jpg

I understand that those persons are real dumbass and I have (as everybody here) encounter a lot of idiotic people who endanger the quality of online playing. But that's the price to pay to play online, sadly. There's always a counterpart to keep the universe in balance :lol:

.... why the hatin?

I have had MMO experience, Star Wars: Galaxies is MMORPG, and I've had something similar happen to me when I played multiplayer or online play, like in Battlefront II I played online some bastard shot me down even though I was on their side, and on Battlefront I, when I was riding on an LAAT on Geonosis, some a-hole crashed into the Spire and destroying the ship in the process, on purpose to kill me. And on this one MMO game called Bots, some mother****er killed me then said "Suck my ****ing ****!!". And also on some other MMO game called LEGO: Roblox, some dingbat gathered 100+ fellow online players and circled me and I counldn't move on inch, then they catapulted me with balls, then said "Your homosexual.", the fact is that I'm Bisexual, so they're liars, after that I had to find them and kill them with a bomb then say "You guys are a bunch of ****ing jerks you homosexual maniacs!!" just to show them that I hate having jokes played on me, even if there not supposed to be insults. THAT is why I gave up on MMO's, multiplayer mode, and online play.

Ok, a couple of things...

In MMO's you can report somebody for abuse or harrassment and their account with all the gear or equipment will get banned for an amount of time (depending on the severety and number of offenses).

As to the FPS circuit, for the most part you gotta roll with the servers. I don't know about Battlefront but usually on C-strike COD4 and other FPS servers have guidelines for social interaction. The LAAT thing sounds like the guy just couldn't drive. You need to find a server that you like and then stick to it like glue.

Also as insensitive as this may sound, you could also try NOT being extremely public about your sexual orientation. In most MMO's what those guys did to you would be a bannable offense, but then most people who are gay or bisexual don't run around wearing it on their sleeve unless they were in a guild that was open about it.

As many problems as there are with tards in MMO's the biggest thing to remember is that you can simply shut them out (particularly in a game like WoW) by ignoring Trade and General chats, and finding a good guild. As to the person killing you then saying "suck my-" that's PERFECTLY normal for an online experience. If you declare "I'm not gonna do X, Y, or Z because that one dude was an ass!" then you're gonna find that you've got a VERY boring life ahead of you.

i think K3 would be the best if it followed the story of:

once

canderous became mandalore

and reunited the clans, he selected the most promising young warrior and sent him off for various forms of training all over the galaxy (perhaps under revan's recommendation). the training would have taken place during the K2 period, and in K3 the warrior returns to mandalore who sends him to find revan and the exile (other quests perhaps). The warrior would be discovered to be force sensitive and get trained in the ways of the force during the game and eventually could meet up and help revan as well as represent the Mandalorians . Revan eventually needs the mandalorians for his war and the warrior and mandalore then ally with revan (and possibly the republic?) and go to war.

still needs work but could be good. maybe his mentor could be a k1 or k2 jedi...

Edited by Darth_Nihlus

The Exile's voice was stern

"Darth Nihilus, remove your mask"

The Sith Lord slowly raised his hands to his face. In utter shock, the Exile looked upon the face of.....

Jolee Bindo!!

mand3.jpg

Game starts with the Ebon Hawk escaping the orbit of Malachor V and landing on a nearby planet where the player is.

A near death Beo-Dur is discovered on the ship and the player uses a nearby healthkit to save his life (this would be all movie)

From there he tells the story of what has transpired so far where the PC's responses indicates the Gender and Light/Dark side of both the exile and Revan.

From there the PC joins BaoDur and goes to retrieve some party members from Malachor ( I would be thinking if the exile was dark side this would be missed but I would think that some of the characters from Kotor 2 should be included as party members)

From there perhaps they look to go to the Dark Regions where Revan and the exile supposedly went and I was thinking that a modified Revan and/or Exile (depending on converstaion with Bao Dur) could become party members, but I would only want one.

I don't know this is purely off the cuff but I think this would be a great way of opening the game.

The LAAT thing sounds like the guy just couldn't drive.

That guy was just an idiot, I've caught him doing it to other people as well, at least 15 times, all on purpose, what a dummy.

Also as insensitive as this may sound, you could also try NOT being extremely public about your sexual orientation.

Homosexuality, Asexuality, Heterosexuality, and Zoosexuality is something you'd wanna keep away from the public, Pansexuality, Polysexuality, Bisexuality, you could feel free to share that with the public if you've got the guts.

Some sexual orientations may seem strange like Zoosexuality: being sexually orientated to animals, and Pansexuality: being sexually orientated by potential of aesthetic attraction, romantic love, or sexual desire regardless of gender identity, or Asexuality: having no desire or interest in sex, or individuals who don't experience sexual attraction. Polysexuality: meaning people who are attracted to more than one gender or sex but do not wish to identify as bisexual because it implies that there are only two binary genders or sexes.

In most MMO's what those guys did to you would be a bannable offense...

Probably, but if they did it only once, then they probably would let it go unless it was of a really high offense.

deicideLogo5.jpg

The LAAT thing sounds like the guy just couldn't drive.

That guy was just an idiot, I've caught him doing it to other people as well, at least 15 times, all on purpose, what a dummy.

Also as insensitive as this may sound, you could also try NOT being extremely public about your sexual orientation.

Homosexuality, Asexuality, Heterosexuality, and Zoosexuality is something you'd wanna keep away from the public, Pansexuality, Polysexuality, Bisexuality, you could feel free to share that with the public if you've got the guts.

Here's the thing though, in gaming culture and society today being Homo or bi is generally considered something that isn't a virtue. The biggest thing about multiplayer is the "internet ****wad theory", people are going to be at their worst because they don't have major repercussions. In something like WoW or other MMO's you just gotta find a group that is friendly and ignore anyone else. In WoW at least most of what you mentioned literally cannot happen due to game mechanics.
In most MMO's what those guys did to you would be a bannable offense...

Probably, but if they did it only once, then they probably would let it go unless it was of a really high offense.

usually harassment will earn a 24 hour ban the first time, if it keeps growing the ban time will get longer (3 days, a week, then permanent), and if somebody is harassing you, you HAVE to report it otherwise he can keep right on doing it. Also if they're harassing you they've probably already got a few black marks on the record.

usually harassment will earn a 24 hour ban the first time, if it keeps growing the ban time will get longer (3 days, a week, then permanent), and if somebody is harassing you, you HAVE to report it otherwise he can keep right on doing it. Also if they're harassing you they've probably already got a few black marks on the record.

From what I know, Galaxies doesn't let you do that unless I'm misktaking, same thing with online play on Battlefront.

deicideLogo5.jpg

This discussion is not related to KotOR3. A discussion on how gay people are treated in MMOs might be more appropriate in the KotOR MMO thread or in the Computer & Console forum.

Also, please cut down on the use of expletives.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Back on topic o:)

Game starts with the Ebon Hawk escaping the orbit of Malachor V and landing on a nearby planet where the player is.

A near death Beo-Dur is discovered on the ship and the player uses a nearby healthkit to save his life (this would be all movie)

From there he tells the story of what has transpired so far where the PC's responses indicates the Gender and Light/Dark side of both the exile and Revan.

From there the PC joins BaoDur and goes to retrieve some party members from Malachor ( I would be thinking if the exile was dark side this would be missed but I would think that some of the characters from Kotor 2 should be included as party members)

From there perhaps they look to go to the Dark Regions where Revan and the exile supposedly went and I was thinking that a modified Revan and/or Exile (depending on converstaion with Bao Dur) could become party members, but I would only want one.

I don't know this is purely off the cuff but I think this would be a great way of opening the game.

Edited by Vengence II

From what I know, Galaxies doesn't let you do that unless I'm misktaking, same thing with online play on Battlefront.

I'm just going based off the two mmo's I've played, WoW and City of, both have things against harassment, Galaxies does too IIRC but I don't know how to access it.

Anyway, I don't hold out hope for Kotor 3

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just going based off the two mmo's I've played, WoW and City of, both have things against harassment, Galaxies does too IIRC but I don't know how to access it.

Anyway, I don't hold out hope for Kotor 3

Agreed, that died as soon as they announced the MMO...

but it is nice to speculate on what KOTOR 3 could be

.... why the hatin?

Same things happens in Halo online play, I usually get killed right as I appear, but to be ganged up on in a Kotor game, would cause me to hate it, and wish they never made it. To loose interest in a game that I have loved would be the ultimate disappointment. ;( Why fix something when it isn't broken. :no::)

I love the night, so peaceful and calm.

Agreed, that died as soon as they announced the MMO...

Not necessarily. I think the chances of Bioware doing a single player continuation of the franchise died, yes, but not Obsidian's. In fact, if the writers at Bioware are smart (and I feel they are), they will look for a way for the people here at Obsidian who are passionate about getting a chance with Kotor III to work with the The Old Republic. I can still see a real Kotor III to end the game series working, especially knowing that Drew Karpyshyn is at Bioware now working on TOR in Texas and Chris Avellone wanting to do a Kotor III.

I don't really think Obz is that passionate about K3 anymore, do you? I mean, they are busy with their own IP Alpha Protocol and now they have a chance to make some Fallout games/expansions if NV sells well. I imagine they have stronger feelings for the FO universe, seeing as Chris Avellone pretty much canonized the setting with his Fallout Bible. >_<

Love to see K3 though, it's my favorite SW setting so far.

Fortune favors the bald.