Star Wars Lost Intro.

This is part of the Star Wars movie I knew GL had but never thought I would get to see. Now to get him to include it into a DVD completing the movie. And the other lost scenes would be great. Let me know what you think about getting it into a DVD for the general public.

Star Wars Lost Intro.

"DEID, YASUF'VEAJI OAN SITH'ARI, MOEQ ESSOA ZARUXISAS KA ESSOA QAKO. AGIAS TOUNDIA SOUM'INOTI DARTH... SCYREUS

Yeah, this is old news - the book even had the scene in it.

Guess it is very old news. I knew about it in 1978. But I had never seen it until now. Read about all the scenes in Star Wars novel and comic from 1978. I also remember reading back then that Mark Hamill is signed to do more footage in 2011. I am not so sure but I think I remember reading somewhere that they were going to use some Star Wars (IV) lost footage in one or more of the last three films. And way back then George said he was working on the first three films in the future some time and then finish them all off with three more. (Films VII, VIII & IX) This is what I remember reading about. i think it was in one of the Starlog mag.'s. It had to be before Starlog #10. But do not quote me on that.

And I thought it might be nice to post the lost footage for others that have not seen it. Has anyone found the other lost footage yet?

Edited by Darth Scyreus

"DEID, YASUF'VEAJI OAN SITH'ARI, MOEQ ESSOA ZARUXISAS KA ESSOA QAKO. AGIAS TOUNDIA SOUM'INOTI DARTH... SCYREUS

Yes, old news. Seen those over 10 years ago and knew about them longer. Nicely put together, though. IIRC, the story goes that someone said to GL that it would be a bad idea to introduce Luke so late in the film, so he filmed these bits. In the end, he stuck with his original plan to just follow the droids Hidden Fortress style.

SODOFF Steam group.

Those scenes are the so-called "Lost Scenes" of Star Wars.

Lucas originally shot them, because he was adviced by his fellow directors to introduce his protagonist early in his movie, even though he didn't want to, and when he saw the dailies, he decided he didn't need the scenes. I disagree with him, though, because Biggs' death at the end of the movie makes little sense unless you've seen the early scene establishing the friendships between him and Luke, especially if you put the scene with their reunion just before the Battle of Yavin back into the movie as Lucas did in the special editions and the later dvd editions.

This is not all the lost material, though. There is an alternate version of the cantina scene in Mos Eisley, which Lucas scrapped and later reshot in the studio because he didn't like several things in it, one of which was the lack of alien feel to the cantina. The alternate scene also includes a woman hanging around Han Solo just before Chewie introduces Luke and Ben to him.

All of these scenes were included on the Star Wars: Behind the Magic cd-rom, where they can be seen in far better quality. I have that cd-rom myself.

Nice find, though. If someone finds the cut scenes from Empire Strikes Back (such as the Wampa attack on the rebel base) or Raiders on the Lost Ark (like the scene with Indy tying himself to the submarine's periscope with his whip), then don't hesitate to post them.

Nice find, though. If someone finds the cut scenes from Empire Strikes Back (such as the Wampa attack on the rebel base) or Raiders on the Lost Ark (like the scene with Indy tying himself to the submarine's periscope with his whip), then don't hesitate to post them.

I remember seeing that submarine periscope scene. Not sure where, but I have seen it. I thought he took off his belt and used that on the periscope! Maybe not, been a long time.

Yea, the deleted/lost scenes for Episode V and VI must be found. I would like to see when Vader takes Luke to the Emperor, from the shuttle - or when he force persuades an admiral to see the emperor... And later, I think the admiral is killed by the emperor's guards.

TSLRCM, the mod that Wookieepedia doesn't want you to know about:

http://www.deadlystream.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4

Yea, the deleted/lost scenes for Episode V and VI must be found. I would like to see when Vader takes Luke to the Emperor, from the shuttle - or when he force persuades an admiral to see the emperor... And later, I think the admiral is killed by the emperor's guards.

Ok, ok. this url might not have the footage you want but it shows you pictures of the lost scenes of ANH, ESB, ROTJ. This is not the complete colection for 'The Lost Scenes'. I have seen a lot of the footage over the years, but where I do not know. I remember Luke missing the first time he threw the rope for him and Liea and then catching the over head unit. And there are others. Just keep looking out there for all of these in movie footage! Enjoy...

Lost Scenes-pictures

Edited by Darth Scyreus

I remember seeing that submarine periscope scene. Not sure where, but I have seen it. I thought he took off his belt and used that on the periscope! Maybe not, been a long time.

Possibly from the comic book adapatation, since they included the scene there.

Possibly from the comic book adapatation, since they included the scene there.

I have never seen the comic. I think it may have been a special behind the scenes show though. But I remember it as being the whole movie but listed as a special addition presentation on TV. But you all know how time and the mind likes to remember things.