Will you give me money if I play your game?

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Actually, 'next-gen' games are sold at a standard of 120NZD over here... which is 85USD these days.

I actually ended up having a friend in the US buy most of my games over the years.

Usually it's 50 euros for a new pc game and 70 for a new console game, excluding cheaper retail games like SoaSE. Those prices translate to around 74 dollars for PC games and 103 dollars for console games.

Ergo, most of you westerners get them pretty cheap. It's not even possible to rent or return here. No wonder internet auction sites like huuto.net are so popular.

To be blunt though, I haven't bought a full-price game since the Witcher and NWN 2(though I bought that from London, heh).

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Are those Zimbabwean dollars? I've never paid for a computer or console game that was more than $65 unless it was a special edition.

A normal console game costs 599 SEK in Sweden. With the American dollar being like a Zimbabwean dollar at the moment, that adds up to $95. (For example: http://www.game.se/acatalog/Online_Catalog...S_GAMES_17.html )

A normal PC game costs 449 SEK. That's $71 in Zimb.. er.. American dollars. ( http://www.game.se/acatalog/Online_Catalog...hooters_68.html )

You can of course find slightly lower prices if you shop online, but that's what you pay in the stores here.

Rockband costs $316 in Swedish stores. I usually pay around $100 for the Collector's Edition of the games I like.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Er, you all realize that a dollar is still worth a dollar in the US dont you? I think you're thinking of inflation. Yes, prices for things do rise but that has absolutely nothing to do with how the dollar is faring against foreign currency unless said product is manufactured overseas and imported. Even then, you dont see prices fluctuating daily as does the financial markets.