Weird graphic glitches?

Hello.

I recently decided to play kotor2 again but this time i have a new graphic's card, a Sapphire x1950 pro. Whenever a movie is done playing it then proceeds into the game with very heavy glitches (it looks like severe artifacting you would get from an overheating card). However, my card is not overheating and there is nothing wrong with it (i can play any other game fine).

My hardware..Athlon 64 3000, 1gb ram, above mentioned v.card, onboard AC'97. Now, i used to play this game fine with exactly the same system but with a GeForce 6600GT inside, so i'm guessing its a video card issue.

I am running the latest patch and the high res movie/music patches.

On a side note, if i enter the menu and alter the res or AA or anything that makes it re-init the graphics these glitches go away and i can play fine, but it's often extremely tricky to do so since it seems these glitches cause 4 seperate versions of whats being displayed if that makes any sense (basically its really hard to see what im actually clicking on with the mouse)

Any ideas please?

Yeah, obviously you have no idea how useless and disorienting google is when it comes to solving graphics errors. NOT TO MENTION, that this forum is specified around kotor 2, so it only makes sense to post here, as obsidian, and others might, oh, I don't know, know about it?

To Krelm: Yeah, I have had that problem too, not often. Usually saving and reloading clears it up. There are a few other things that could cause it of course, in CCC, in 3d options, theres a tab called advanced options, try messing with those. Great thing is, if the game messes up, its external, so you can always change it back.

Updating could possibly be the answer, ati is pretty avid about updating their stuff. And that is a relatively new card you have. I myself use a HD2600xt, and have a graphics glitch when I use runspeed, and have found no fix, other than turning off frame buffer. Which sucks cause then when you go invis, it looks retarded. But, what can you do.

Last of all, you may want to use a driver cleaner on any previous gfx card drivers you've had. Use this, http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=745

Mind you, run it in SAFE MODE for the best results, it is VERY quick, and very easy.

oh and Bass, x1950 is only for Radeon, and, sapphire only makes radeon stuff.

sigzt1.jpg

Yeah, obviously you have no idea how useless and disorienting google is when it comes to solving graphics errors.

Guess what, I might have been talking to Bass - did you even click the link to see what it was before you posted your miss-informed posting? Anyways, you might want to try tweaking your graphics driver or disabling movies altogether. Also, what are your other specs?

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Haha she trys stabbing at me again, why would I use google? I asked a simple question of who was the founding company of that piece of GCard. I was working on something and decided to breeze through the forums, >_< Not everyone has infinite time. And Google as great as it is can be highly unreliable in some cases.

Edited by Bass-GameMaster

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Yeah, obviously you have no idea how useless and disorienting google is when it comes to solving graphics errors.

Guess what, I might have been talking to Bass - did you even click the link to see what it was before you posted your miss-informed posting? Anyways, you might want to try tweaking your graphics driver or disabling movies altogether. Also, what are your other specs?

kk, my bad.

sigzt1.jpg