Mount and Blade

Rosbjerg

Have any of you heard about this game?

I stumbled upon it on Gamespot when I was reading about Storm of Zehir.

It's gotten alot of good reviews from the users there (but that could be friends of the delevopers for all I know :blink:). I've never heard or seen anything about it.

Apperantly the Beta is free to try, so I'm gonna download it later today.. just thought I'd share my find with you guys. There aren't alot of open world RPGs floating around.

Fortune favors the bald.

It is awesome. I bought it a few years ago and have been playing it since. The versions have been getting more and more polished and they're adding content every month now. I suggest buying it right away, the release date is a month from now and you'll save a couple of bucks if you buy it now. It is one of the best games ever in my opinion.

A word of caution though, it's not really an RPG. Medieval warfare/combat simulation with a few RPG mechanics would be closer to the truth, at least for now.

Played a fair bit of a sort of beta demo they had a couple of years back. It's the best mounted combat I've seen in any game ever, and that's really the driving force behind all the user love - it's pretty damn entertaining. Other than htat, when I played it, it had trade wagons and the kind of exploration that's reminiscent of Pirates! and quite fun. Certainly worth a try.

I'm still surprised how people can not know about M&B, even on this forum it tends to get mentioned quite often for a independent game.

I would really recommend to try it as you can play the shareware version for either a specific amount of levels or a specific amount of days and as such you have nothing to loose.

Still best horse combat and definately one of the better melee systems out there.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif

Buy it! Buy it! Buy it! :)

The demo version only lets you level up to level 6 I think and you can reach that fairly quickly. It is definitely one of the better independent games out there. The combat is awesome - this is how Oblivions combat should have been imo.

Tons of mods for it as well.

That would be a Barbie game.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

This game is great fun!

It's bit rough around the edges and there's really no story holding it together (so far) - aside from some very poor quests.. but it's immense fun just riding around wacking people over the head with a big club or shooting people down with arrows.. Great combat!

I most surely recommend everyone to at least download the free beta and try it out.

+ It's only 300 mb!

Fortune favors the bald.

M&B is best indie game ever.

It is just fantastic

There are loads of mods, too. The best so far was the Lord of the Rings mod, with custom orc, cave troll, giant wolf etc. models. It was for 0.81 though, and since the game changed so much with each update the developers decided to wait for 1.0 before updating it again.

Hmm, I should get this

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I've had some hilarous fun playing an archer in this game.. it's like being on the field in a Medieval Total war battle!

If all of you knew this game how come you didn't mention it here!? I would've loved following this game through it's development.

Fortune favors the bald.

If you think your computer can handle it I would recommend downloading the Mount and Blade battle size changer which allows you to increase the number of troops allowed on the map at a time. I think the game can only handle, unmodded, a total of 72 troops maximum at one time.

It's pretty awesome riding with hundreds of Khergit horse archers and lancers and slaughtering everything, everything, in sight.

Here's some screenshots for the Mount and Blade loving:

post-691-1218813595_thumb.jpg

post-691-1218813581_thumb.jpg

post-691-1218813605_thumb.jpg

post-691-1218813613_thumb.jpg

Edit: oh and you can cross dress as well.

Edited by The.Donut

@Rosbjerg

It's been mentioned at least three times since I've been here. :ermm:

The developement of it wasn't that interesting and the only reason why I kept downloading betas was because I couldn't wait for it to come out, still can't. If you want to you can take a look at their forum and look for the old beta versions as some of them has minor stuff that isn't in now.

Personally I would just shut up and keep playing the current version, possibly with some graphics enhancing mods.

sporegif20080614235048aq1.gif