Crash!!

I just bought KotOR on PC and it lets me install etc, when i come to play the game, I get as far as creating a Character and then it has the opening movie.

Then the screen freezes black and the sound loops over and over, the only way to deal with it is a hard shut down...

Ive heard people mention a crack but where do you get it and what do you search for?

By the way Im running XP...

Any help much appreciated :rolleyes:

We'll probably need some more information before we can help you out. Go here, and post all of the relevant information.

The only general solutions I can give you now is updating your video card drivers, try disabling the sound and then playing to see if it works, and tinker with the video options to see if some combination works.

Oh, sorry... please help... Im kinda rubbish at these things so Ill need a step by step most likely....

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Gateway

System Model: GT3016b

BIOS: Default System BIOS

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.06GHz

Memory: 502MB RAM

Page File: 766MB used, 594MB available

Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Card name: Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family

Chip type: Intel® 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset

Is that ok??

Hmmm, this is KOTOR 1 you're trying to play, correct? Not KOTOR 2? I've heard KOTOR 2 having issues on the Intel's onboard graphics, but not KOTOR 1. In any case, there may be a solution out there for you. Let me check to see if I can find any information.

Theres actually some paticular movies that cause most intel's to crash. They are usually The first peragus scene,the onderon scene, and the dantooine scene you could try experimenting with flipping on movies and off to see which ones crash. Or you could just turn them off.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Theres actually some paticular movies that cause most intel's to crash.

I can't see it being a specific movie causing errors as they are all in the same format (.bik) if anything it could be the in-game trigger that causes the crash, or the swap over between file formats. But if the game is crashing on ALL movies then you have a point regarding the intel chips.

Theres actually some paticular movies that cause most intel's to crash.

I can't see it being a specific movie causing errors as they are all in the same format (.bik) if anything it could be the in-game trigger that causes the crash, or the swap over between file formats. But if the game is crashing on ALL movies then you have a point regarding the intel chips.

on my like 6th or 8th playthrough I reached the endgame where you get the scene on dantooine after kreia betrays you, it crashed and was unplayable.

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan