Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

I actually liked Art School Confidential, but mostly because it was poking fun of intellectual academia and art criticism.

Its not as good as Ghost World made by the same people (Terry Zwigoff directing & based of a comic story by Dan Clowes and which had Steve Buscemi in an important role).

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I just finished watching the Dark Knight. At first viewing I thought it was too long. After watching it from the comfort of home and being able to pause it, I found it a much better experience.

Enough has been said about Ledgers performance as the Joker. I think I posted the same thing when it came out theatrically, but great performances by Eckhart and Oldman stood out for me in this one.

On a negative side, I guess I should have read the DVD cover a little bit better. There is absolutely NO EXTRAS or special footage on the disc I purchased. That's pretty gay considering pretty much every movie you buy has some sort of featurette, footage, or something. I realized I wasn't picking up the two disc special edition or whatever, but it still leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Thumbs down, Warner Brothers. I guess having what looks like the highest grossing movie of all time hasn't made you enough money yet. I'm sure you'll make it up with a rerelease and the directors cut of Watchmen.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I actually liked Art School Confidential, but mostly because it was poking fun of intellectual academia and art criticism.

Its not as good as Ghost World made by the same people (Terry Zwigoff directing & based of a comic story by Dan Clowes and which had Steve Buscemi in an important role).

I don't know, I guess I was spoiled by Claire Fishers story arc at art school as presented in the HBO show Six Feet Under.

Total Recall one of Arnold's best movies.
True Lies :thumbsup:

Terminator 1 & 2. :thumbsup:

Call me weird, but I also liked Twins a lot...

Those were good movie also.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I watched Aladdin today on an Arabic satellite movie channel (English sound, Arabic subtitles). They edited out all the scenes where Princess Jasmine was sassy and talked back to her father or Aladdin (her future husband). It was a hoot! :(

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

I watched Aladdin today on an Arabic satellite movie channel (English sound, Arabic subtitles). They edited out all the scenes where Princess Jasmine was sassy and talked back to her father or Aladdin (her future husband). It was a hoot! :lol:

"Censorship" :)

Last movie seen would be "A Clockwork Orange" and after that, first four episodes of season 2 of "Rome".

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian. I thought it was better than the first, and I loved how for once in a fantasy film the population of a country wasn't stupid multicultural. Making them all spanish with that spanish inspired armor and such was awesome.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I saw the "The Day the Earth Stood Still" last night. I give it a 6 out of 10. The movie lack any kind of energy or supense.

Remakes of classics are hard to get right, I was really hoping they had pulled this one off.

Here to pimp a foreign film (it's getting a US remake, so this is urgent).

The movie is Lat Den Ratte Komma In, or "Let The Right One In" by Swedish director Tomas Alfredson. If you've read the book by John Ajvide Lindqvist, then you know what to expect. Otherwise, the best description I can give is "twisted romantic horror set in an 'everyday' setting." If you thought Twilight sucked but liked the premises, you should see this. Google it if you want to be spoiled further.

Edited by Azarkon

There are doors

A Bittersweet Life

The story follows the character Sun-woo, a prized enforcer and hotel manager for his mob boss. In the begining of the film Sun is tasked with shadowing the boss's much younger girlfriend to see if she is cheating on him and if so to kill them both. Sun inevitably catches the girlfriend with another man and begins to beat him but seeing her so upset he decides to spare their lives since during his extremely brief time in her company he has become infatuated with her. He makes them promise to never see each other ever again and that the incident can never get out. This mistake is the catalyst for the rest of the movie and becomes the genesis of multiple lines of vengeance for many characters throughout.

I do enjoy me some nice foreign films but usually I tend to stick with Japanese but this Korean film was no exception. It was a pretty good movie. The cinematography and music was quite nice and the plot and themes were good. To me the action was top notch, I really wish hollywood would look to Korean and Japanese movies to get even the slightest clue about how fight scenes should be shot. All in all very well put together film. Hell you can never go wrong with a good vengeance story amirite?

There was one slightly major flaw in the film however that I find hard to look past and that was there was no real characters to care about except Sun-Woo. He was the only one who got any kind of vetting throughout and even then it was brief at most. I would have liked to see at the very least 2 characters, Sun-woo's friend and the girlfriend, as well as Sun get a more comprehensive insight into who they were. Other than that the ending was depressing but I suppose I can certainly relate to the character and that's kind of cool I suppose.

I give A Bittersweet Life a 9.2583 out of 10.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

untraceable with diane lane. unremarkable though a good idea.

deep evil, i think, was the name of the flick i watched saturday. some stupid movie on tmcwhd. gawdawful bad. sci-fi channel movies are better than this was. not sure why we stuck it out to the end other than being too lazy to lean over and get the remove.

almost watched that stupid dungeon siege movie last night but realized after one stupid scene that although being chock full of stars including jason statham (whom i otherwise like), it was obviously directed by uwe boll. sorry, not my cup of stupid tea. i credit my quick revelation to saving a few hours of my life that i would have otherwise lost forever. phew!

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Turtles Can Fly

Pretty great movie, really. Makes me take the whole growing up in the west a little less for granted.

Then I had one of those, "You've never seen Trainspotting?" nights.

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Ring, Spiral, Ring 2 and Ring 0: Birthday.

Sort of an odd lurching collection of films as they try to be sequels to the movies and adapt books at the same time and in several cases end up working at cross purposes. First one is still a great little film though.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The Incredible Hulk (2008), Hellboy II, and Han****. None of which were particularly remarkable, unfortunately. I've been netflixing a few of the popcorn movies that I missed out on the first time around through theaters.

Overall it's been a pretty bad year for movies, I think, at least in terms of the big-budget films.

Matthew Rorie

I watched Aladdin today on an Arabic satellite movie channel (English sound, Arabic subtitles). They edited out all the scenes where Princess Jasmine was sassy and talked back to her father or Aladdin (her future husband). It was a hoot! :lol:

Please tell me you're kidding! :yes: That's hilarious.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I liked Incredible Hulk although watching the cut scenes made me realize what a mess it could have been.

I enjoyed Hellboy II a good bit, but its such a slight film, beyond enjoyment it didn't leave that much of a lasting impression (which isn't really a bad thing; I like fun as much as the next guy, but it seemed to lack the gravitas in the first film).

I enjoyed Hellboy II a lot and probably put it higher than Hulk and Han****.

I went into Hulk with very low expectations after the previous one, and I was pleasantly surprised. Edward Norton does that a lot though, and the City of God cinematography alone was worth the ticket price.

Han**** was so-so. I enjoyed it as a popcorn flick.

The Incredible Hulk (2008), Hellboy II, and Han****. None of which were particularly remarkable, unfortunately. I've been netflixing a few of the popcorn movies that I missed out on the first time around through theaters.

Overall it's been a pretty bad year for movies, I think, at least in terms of the big-budget films.

Thats the complete opposite opinion to me and the guys at work. We thought it was one of the best years for movies in ages. Next year pretty much has Watchmen and Transformers 2 and thats it. Then again we enjoyed Hulk, Iron Man, Hellboy 2, and Dark Knight a great deal.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg