Movies you have seen recently

Gorth

I re-watched Wong Kar Wai's Fallen Angels. Quite apart from having some of the sexiest lady moments in it, it's got gunfights, and a man massaging a pig. Quite fantastic.

pure brilliance >_<

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Pineapple Express. It was okay, and I enjoyed it. My expectations were kind of high (hahaha), and although it was pretty funny, it wasn't really highlarious. Maybe wait till this 'Weed Action' movie makes it to dvd, fellas.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

i watched bio-dome yesterday

stephen baldwin and pauly shore ftw

Brother Alec Baldwin told him [stephen Baldwin] that doing Bio-Dome (1996) could be the single most career ending decision he could possibly make.
Kylie Minogue called this film her "worst career move". She said that it is the only thing she has done in her professional life that her father ridicules her for.

>_<

I need to see this film. And how Kylie's dad forgave Street Fighter, I will never know.

Edited by Tel Aviv

Street Fighter was so damn cheesy it was hilarious. My friends and I still watch that movie every couple months just for the laughs. It is sooo damn funny.

Using a gamepad to control an FPS is like trying to fight evil through maple syrup.

Possibly. But I'd put my money on being overweight.

you still have to have a clot, for which the likelihood is increased dramatically (uh, studies, but that seems to change) with obesity. stress plays a role by decreasing blood flow which increases the likelihood that a smaller chunk of placque will cause a clot. it also increases blood pressure and placque ruptures (which results in a clot). nasty stuff that stress.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Eragon (2006) Boy is this film ripped to shreds by fans/critics alike. I did not think it was that bad. Just standard fantasy with nothing new added, but entertaining enough. Plus it has John Malkovich which is a plus in my book, left wide open for a sequel, but with reviews and a lackluster box office, not sure it will happen.

6/10

Eragon (2006) Boy is this film ripped to shreds by fans/critics alike. I did not think it was that bad. Just standard fantasy with nothing new added, but entertaining enough. Plus it has John Malkovich which is a plus in my book, left wide open for a sequel, but with reviews and a lackluster box office, not sure it will happen.

6/10

What baffles me is that it doesn't matter how many soulless chump-fests Hollywood turns out to zero succcess, they steadfastly refuse to mass produce awesome films with great production dynamics.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The author ripped the story from Star Wars anyway.

Saw V for Vendetta again. Still amazing. And apaprently, the Wachoski's only made the screenplay, and did not direct it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Saw V for Vendetta again. Still amazing. And apaprently, the Wachoski's only made the screenplay, and did not direct it.

Yeah, it's really bad when you read a book and go oh, there's Obi-Wan, oh and Uncle Owen, and Han, and Leia.. damn, what a ripoff!

It's not so much that he used archetype characters as it is that he didn't mix up the elements at all. I'm sure I'll be buying and reading the third book, though, just to satisfy my curiosity of his parentage... I don't think it's who they left it with at the end of Elder....

Anyhow, the Wachowski's wrote the Speed Racer screenplay too... and they DID direct that one. Even if you don't wind up liking it for whatever reason, it is one of the most visually stunning movies ever. It's too bad most people missed getting to see it in IMAX, it was gorgeous.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Yeah, it's really bad when you read a book and go oh, there's Obi-Wan, oh and Uncle Owen, and Han, and Leia.. damn, what a ripoff!

It's not so much that he used archetype characters as it is that he didn't mix up the elements at all. I'm sure I'll be buying and reading the third book, though, just to satisfy my curiosity of his parentage... I don't think it's who they left it with at the end of Elder....

Anyhow, the Wachowski's wrote the Speed Racer screenplay too... and they DID direct that one. Even if you don't wind up liking it for whatever reason, it is one of the most visually stunning movies ever. It's too bad most people missed getting to see it in IMAX, it was gorgeous.

Well, the kid was 15 when he wrote it, so I'm not surprised he copied the plot from Star Wars.

The Clone Wars

It was reasonably enteraining and my 8 yr old son loved it. It is definitely a kid movie, and I know it's a big advertisement for their new cartoon, but I can't help but wonder what the point of it all was. Do we really need a blow by blow of Anakin's life? Anyhow, I think that for most people this one will wait until video (if you catch it at all) and it might even look a little better there, too.

6/10

Shaolin Soccer. Such an awesome movie. The comedy is unmatched by any Chinese movie to date and the acting and voice overs are masterful.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

Shaolin Soccer. Such an awesome movie. The comedy is unmatched by any Chinese movie to date and the acting and voice overs are masterful.

I think I saw that once.

The english dub almost killed me.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

The Clone Wars

It was reasonably enteraining and my 8 yr old son loved it. It is definitely a kid movie, and I know it's a big advertisement for their new cartoon, but I can't help but wonder what the point of it all was. Do we really need a blow by blow of Anakin's life? Anyhow, I think that for most people this one will wait until video (if you catch it at all) and it might even look a little better there, too.

6/10

It wasn't that bad.

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

The Clone Wars

I feel sorry for you :)

I think I saw that once.

The english dub almost killed me.

Dubs... :x

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Dubs... :unsure:

So, what you're asking is that

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Hellboy, the golden army.

Pretty straigthforward action thingie. Lots of awesome designs and weird creatures. Suffers a bit from Hellboy looking goofy rather than cool. The dimensions are wrong, how can they be anything else when you try to stick Ron Pearlman in a hellboy suit. Abraham is cool though.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The Clone Wars

6/10

It wasn't that bad.

I agree. I thought it was reasonably entertaining and better than I'd feared. The action is pretty constant and not incredibly unbelievable given what we've otherwise seen in Star Wars. My only two grips are Ahsoka and Jabba Jr, especially the latter who is clearly the JarJar of the film. But even so, he is far, far less annoying than JarJar. Ahsoka is a decent character, but suffers a little from "the spunky kid" syndrome, which reveals very clearly that this is a children's movie. Oh, Ziro the Hutt was also both awful and embarrasing. And not in a good way. But otherwise this was all a nice little Star Wars adventure. Definitely not a great film not to be missed, but if you go for straight, mindless entertainment for about 90 minutes, you could spend your money on much worse.

Edited by Jediphile

Waking Life

Big thanks go out to Istima Loke for pointing me to this movie. Dreaming is a phenomenon I've been fascinated with for as long as I can remember. Over the past few years, during many a stoned head trip, I've developed my own theories about the relation of the mental world to the physical world. I was amazed at how this one film managed to capture all these things I had already come up with myself. Concepts such as the collective memory and the way afterlife was handled, were presented exactly the way I had imagined them way before even knowing about this movie. So while it didn't really offer anything new to me, it was still way cool to see I'm definitely not the only one with this line of thinking.

On a sidenote, does anyone know what it takes to study dreams professionally? I imagine it requires some serious biology and psychology knowledge?

The Clone Wars

6/10

It wasn't that bad.

I agree. I thought it was reasonably entertaining and better than I'd feared. The action is pretty constant and not incredibly unbelievable given what we've otherwise seen in Star Wars. My only two grips are Ahsoka and Jabba Jr, especially the latter who is clearly the JarJar of the film. But even so, he is far, far less annoying than JarJar. Ahsoka is a decent character, but suffers a little from "the spunky kid" syndrome, which reveals very clearly that this is a children's movie. Oh, Ziro the Hutt was also both awful and embarrasing. And not in a good way. But otherwise this was all a nice little Star Wars adventure. Definitely not a great film not to be missed, but if you go for straight, mindless entertainment for about 90 minutes, you could spend your money on much worse.

For me, 7/10 is a good rewatchable movie. The Clone Wars was reasonably entertaining, like I said, but I don't have any desire to see it again, so it gets a 6/10. I have to agree on the Ahsoka & Ziro comments... definitely a kids movie. Not that that's a bad thing at all. It just is what it is.