China did it

Xard

Back to the topic.

As a Chinese even though I am not born from China, I admit I am feeling very proud of China's achievement. Heck, I'm even cheering for all of the Chinese team in the Olympics even though I have no reason to.

I've only watched the swimming race/relay whatever.

Awesome.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Great, woke up this morning to watch a little swimming and it turns out a thunderstorm knocked out the TV-station where I live. They will have it fixed this afternoon.. when the Olympics are over for the day. GEE THANKS.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Back to the topic.

As a Chinese even though I am not born from China, I admit I am feeling very proud of China's achievement. Heck, I'm even cheering for all of the Chinese team in the Olympics even though I have no reason to.

That's great. I think the reason the opening ceremony was so fantastic was that it really highlighted all the amazing accomplishments of the Chinese people over the last couple thousand years.

Back to the topic.

That's great. I think the reason the opening ceremony was so fantastic was that it really highlighted all the amazing accomplishments of the Chinese people over the last couple thousand years.

It certainly did job of how far they've come in the last fifty.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I caught about 4 judo matches the other night and it was awesome. This one girl got destroyed, swiped so hard her head whip lashed on the ground. It was pretty brutal but I'm going to be a master judoka one day or at least an amateur.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

I was listening to it all on BBC5 live, and it strikes me as quite positive for Britain this time.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

*sigh* I can't watch or listen to anything via the BBC - even Radio 5, which I can usually get over the internet, is blocked to non-UK users. :rolleyes:

Still, I do get a South African satellite sports channel, which seems to have Australian commentators for some reason, but they carry a lot of judo and swimming.

Britain is doing amazingly well - nothing compared to the superpowers, of course, but two gold medals at this stage has to be unprecedented surely? :)

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

Guest The Architect

Well done Leisel! And Phelps is the master. He broke the world record in the men's 200m freestyle final. That's his 3rd gold medal so far this Olympics. He's aiming for 8.

Edited by The Architect

WR's are falling far too frequently in the Swimming competitions. I say get rid of the new speedo body suits and make the pools as shallow and narrow as they used to be.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

WR's are falling far too frequently in the Swimming competitions. I say get rid of the new speedo body suits and make the pools as shallow and narrow as they used to be.

Bleh, technology is going to change every sport sooner or later. Sure, we could do everything like they did 100 years ago, but that wouldn't leave much room for progress. Records were made to be broken.

Well, coming from a track and field background, I prefer the pace of which records are broken on the track. Infrequent and with each new record being a BIG deal. Atleast track sprinters finally got over the Body Suit fad a few years ago. Ick.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

lolwut? How one "fakes" fireworks?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

CGI, apparently.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It also turns out they faked some of the fireworks. :(

I heard the fireworks were real, but some of the footage shown to TV viewers was not - ie there were actually giant footprints in the air at Beijing, but they used CGI in certain parts of the broadcast due to visibility issues or w/e (at least, that's what's claimed).

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbZrI8onelg Proof?

Edited by Azarkon

There are doors

How do you say "Milli Vanilli" in Chinese? :-

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"I do hold the US government, as a whole, responsible for the treatment of the native populations, so yes."

I blame Europe.

And, yeah, China likes to fake stuff. But, that's ok. It's a tradition they share with all governments, and peoples so I forgive them.

To bad the Olympics in general are so boring with the so called 'sports'. Meh.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Another faking scandal, and does this not sum up the Olympics: A lot of smoke, fire, sound, and fury, signifying nothing?

-Elwood Blues