Anyone Else Think G0-T0 Was A Brilliant Chracter?

Yes, I think the G0-T0 character was very compelling. I agree with everyone else regarding his uselessness when it comes to him being in your party.

But let's put it like this: in the original KOTOR, everyone always talks about the big twist in the story involving Revan. KOTOR II didn't go that route with its main story, but there certainly is a twist regarding G0-T0's background (one that I didn't discover/comprehend until the third time I played through the game). I think his history was very well done, making for a great story. It's unfortunate that his history is so easy to miss in the game.

Also, it's amazing how much one little droid was able to accomplish and its effects on a galactic level; a running theme in all the Star Wars movies.

Relatively useless as a party member (why use him when others were so much better) but had a few amusing lines.

But I didn't find him interesting or compelling, no. Mostly, the large, round, death-star wanna-be just got in my way visually so I told him to take a hike.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I would have liked Goto a lot better if

he was an actual person and not a droid. I think that could have really gone places, having someone send some sort of spycam droid, watching the Exile's every step. And eventually there may have been a chance to meet him, albeit possibly in another game.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

he was an actual person and not a droid. I think that could have really gone places, having someone send some sort of spycam droid, watching the Exile's every step. And eventually there may have been a chance to meet him, albeit possibly in another game.

But that would totally ruin Goto by taking the one thing away that made him original.

You make him an actual person instead of a droid

, then he is just another crimelord like any other. You'd kill the originality of the his character and the sci-fi aspects of his origin as a crimelord.

But that would totally ruin Goto by taking the one thing away that made him original.

, then he is just another crimelord like any other. You'd kill the originality of the his character and the sci-fi aspects of his origin as a crimelord.

But how many crimelords put themselves in the service of others?

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

He was a very poor partymember, but as a character, he was brilliant. The writing was intruiging and the VO was spot-on with a very dry and stoic delivery. I fail to understand on why someone could dislike the CHARACTER G0-T0.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

But how many crimelords put themselves in the service of others?

Goto was in the service of nobody, unless you mean the Republic. And even then, he "served" the Republic only according to his own interpretation of what was best for it, not what the Republic might see so itself. He did not serve the Exile. On the contrary, if you talk to him, he insists tha the Exile serves him, and that if the Exile doesn't do as orders, he will detonate killing Exile and everybody else aboard the Ebon Hawk along with him.

I have to agree with the majority: Very well done character, but totally useless in gameplay. Pity.

Still, HK-47 is the best :D (Even if his Jedi-killing story of Kotor2 drained some of his nice humour, let's hope the HK-factory restores that).

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

One of many reasons he suck because his unique abilities became useless when m4 droid planet was cut. Also the only time in current gameplay he is actually useful is on his own ship. Also at the Freedon Nadd Tomb, there are different strageties to overcome the droids with other characters too.

Also comes to skills, T3 M4 can do better. Yes there are plenty of skilled based characters on your team.

Also for combat, there are plenty of solid combat characters.

He does have funny lines.

No, I didn't like him at all. Also because of the cut content he was pretty boring IMO

Surely not! ;-)

There was a quiet sophistication to the character, the ruthless efficiency, the snappy retorts not to mention the secretive role he plays in manipulating the galaxy's future. All were improved further by the fact that he was a droid!

I'm really torn on G0-T0. On one hand, I can't stand him. Ugh. On the other, I've used him as the primary antagonist in one of my stories so I must find something compelling about him....

He does make a great antagonist, and I also love the fact that he's a droid.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

I just thought his name bares semblance to the great coding taboo 'goto' (any programmers here will get this haha)

And that is no coincidence.

Agreed. I can take that the programmers got one or two 'tee-hee's out of it.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I thought GOTO was one of the more interesting characters in KOTOR2. He was useless in fighting, but that was generally true of all droids.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Everyone raves about HK, Kreia, Nihilus etc but I have to say I thought one of the best characters and most amusing was G0-T0...What do the rest of you think?

I have to admit I have some sentimental feelings for the mini-deathstar...

I know he's not an interrogation droid chassis (Predecessor/ancestor maybe), but he looks close enough that he reminds me of the IT-O a character of mine has in tabletop SW RPG...

Plus you cant say he lacks Balls.....well.....is one at least :)

Wait for it..Wait for it...

"...I want you to save the Republic."

"Why?"

"I don't care who wins the war, but I don't want the Republic to fall."

"Wait!? Let me get this straight. I raced through the streets of Nar Shaddaa, took out a crime lord, you kidnaped me last second, my friend fought through your ship, so you can tell me to save the Republic?!"

"Exactly, and I will also come with you."

"Uh?! Sorry man, but I left the Ebon Hawk double parked. Plus, Atton has this whole nasal problem. Everytime the poor man speakes it sounds like his nose is ready to blow."

"Hey! Where you going."

"Gotta' run!"

:)

Edited by Marcus

personally I liked GOTO He wasn't the most useful party member, he had some uses though it was so long ago that i played the game i don't remember what i used to do with them.

His history, twist, style, humour,etc was excellent so as a Character he was awesome. I didn't like T3 that much though I admit he got better in 2 than he was 1. And HK-47 will always hold a special place in my meatbag heart.

Yes, I liked the evil accountant droid, I wouldn't know how to fault him. He naturally isn't much of a fighter being an expert droid, and an accountant. T3 at least is a mechanic, and he gets all pumped up after Bao-Dur and the Exile tamper with his stats. I guess his best lines are with Jorran in the Jedi Enclave sublevel, when he cites the salvaging laws of the Khoonda civil code and makes a claim for his ass.