Anyone Else Think G0-T0 Was A Brilliant Chracter?

Yes, yes, he was. One of the best characters I've ever seen. Certainly better than overrated HK-47.

...no. There is nothing that could possibly make me think G0-T0 (aka ANH interogation droid) is a good character.

He is not an interrogation droid.

He is an accountant droid. The most badass accountant in the history of gaming, I might add.

20795.jpg

What?! You lot are so skin deep...True the game did not leave much room for character development, but what was there was pretty good- the cold calculating business man with a twisted sense of humor, he also had some cracking one-liners!

Yes, yes, he was. One of the best characters I've ever seen. Certainly better than overrated HK-47.
I'm glad some one agrees ;-) Edited by Darth Exsilum

I liked GOTO. He was useless as a partymember, sure, but I liked him as a character. I liked the voice-acting too, since the cold rage of his calculative personality comes across so well - excellent voice-acting by Daran Norris. And I liked the winks to HAL 9000 as well - I didn't expect to see that in Star Wars.

Goto was cool until you found out who he really was. Then he was ruined.

DAWUSS

Dawes ain't too bright. Hitting rock bottom is when you leave 2 tickets on the dash of your car, leave it unlocked hoping someone will steal them & when you come back, there are 4 tickets on your dashboard.

that is why I kinda liked Goto. it is kinda cool to have a mob boss on your ship.

I agree. That was one of the good things about him - he was still a crimelord, he just turned out to have an origin pretty far away from what you might have suspected. It was also a little bolder in the "sci-fi'esque" genre than we usually see in Star Wars plot, which was nice and different.

I liked GOTO. He was useless as a partymember, sure, but I liked him as a character.

Agreed in terms of being useful he was pretty rubbish he didn't really have any special skills either. But The character was fantastic I think I liked the dry sense of humor the most one of my favorite lines "If there's anything I can't stand it's an untidy galaxy" along with "...then stop causing events of planetary destruction- you are a walking catastrophe"...I had to have five minutes before continuing after those little gems.

Everyone raves about HK, Kreia, Nihilus etc but I have to say I thought one of the best characters and most amusing was G0-T0...What do the rest of you think?

I thought he was a really good character. His back story also makes him more interesting than that of a typical mob boss. His voice actor also delivers his personality very well.

He's funny and sarcastic, but like I've said before, I'll never forget how let down I felt the very first time he joined my party. Who needs more than 2 droids? And if you think G0-T0 is brilliant, you've gotta think highly of HK and T3. T3 was BORING in K1. :biggrin: But in K2, it seems he's the only one who knows what's really going on. And HK, well, he's HK. I don't really think he's over rated. He's funny as hell. o:)

G0-T0 IS compelling, but he'd be better as a boss, or as some kind of side quest that you need to track down and deactivate.

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

Mandalore was on a recruiting drive with you wheras G0-T0 was uh... randomly coming with you. :sorcerer: Very streching indeed. Another reason to be amazed with KotOR 2's cut content, I think.

Edited by walkerguy

Twitter | @Insevin

No, not at all.

What a compelling argument you make...Idiot

Anyway I'm glad other people to be a good character

He's funny and sarcastic, but like I've said before, I'll never forget how let down I felt the very first time he joined my party. Who needs more than 2 droids? And if you think G0-T0 is brilliant, you've gotta think highly of HK and T3. T3 was BORING in K1. sleeping.gif But in K2, it seems he's the only one who knows what's really going on. And HK, well, he's HK. I don't really think he's over rated. He's funny as hell. laughing.gif

G0-T0 IS compelling, but he'd be better as a boss, or as some kind of side quest that you need to track down and deactivate.

Yes many people seem to think (myself included) as an actual party member he was pretty useless. Your point about T3 is a good one he does seem to be bridge between the two games, I only wish there was more of a story you could follow with T3 what you are able to get out of him is very vague (which could be the point)

Mandalore was on a recruiting drive with you wheras G0-T0 was uh... randomly coming with you. :sorcerer: Very streching indeed. Another reason to be amazed with KotOR 2's cut content, I think.

Erm, GOTO had little choice, seeing as how the Exile had just exposed his entire organisation to the Hutts and caused the destruction of his yacht, which served as his base of operations.

Yes many people seem to think (myself included) as an actual party member he was pretty useless. Your point about T3 is a good one he does seem to be bridge between the two games, I only wish there was more of a story you could follow with T3 what you are able to get out of him is very vague (which could be the point)

Seeing as how T3's "backstory" in TSL speaks directly to what became of Revan, I'd say that, yes, it is indeed the point. T3 is the sly manipulator in TSL - he knows everything but says nothing. T3 knew what had become of Revan and where he had gone. Not even Kreia could claim that.

Seeing as how T3's "backstory" in TSL speaks directly to what became of Revan, I'd say that, yes, it is indeed the point. T3 is the sly manipulator in TSL - he knows everything but says nothing. T3 knew what had become of Revan and where he had gone. Not even Kreia could claim that.

Good point I suppose they wanted to keep the mystery untill (if, maybe, possibly, DARE WE DREAM?!!) there's a KotOR 3.

Good point I suppose they wanted to keep the mystery untill (if, maybe, possibly, DARE WE DREAM?!!) there's a KotOR 3.

Well, TSL was planned to have a sequel even before it was released, but a layoff at LA before the game's release put KotOR3 in development hell, it seems... Hence it's now 3-4 years later and MMO rumors abound :sorcerer:

Mandalore was on a recruiting drive with you wheras G0-T0 was uh... randomly coming with you. :x Very streching indeed. Another reason to be amazed with KotOR 2's cut content, I think.

Erm, GOTO had little choice, seeing as how the Exile had just exposed his entire organisation to the Hutts and caused the destruction of his yacht, which served as his base of operations.

Yes I know, what I mean is that he stayed with you. Sure he was a broken crime lord with nothing afterward, but that doesn't give him any reason necessarily to follow the Exile on his/her quest.

Twitter | @Insevin

Mandalore was on a recruiting drive with you wheras G0-T0 was uh... randomly coming with you. :x Very streching indeed. Another reason to be amazed with KotOR 2's cut content, I think.

Yes I know, what I mean is that he stayed with you. Sure he was a broken crime lord with nothing afterward, but that doesn't give him any reason necessarily to follow the Exile on his/her quest.

Well, he had analyzed the situation and realized that only a jedi or sith could hold the Republic together whether by inspirate if jedi or through fear, an iron fist and conquest if sith, so as he explains on his yacht and if you pick the right conversation paths on the Ebon Hawk, he did need the Exile to be the figurehead that served as a stablizing force in the Republic after Revan inconveniently left. And he stayed because he saw that as the only way to "control" the exile and not let things get out of control around him.

So I do think sticking around on the Ebon Hawk made sense for him. More than Mandalore, anyway.

QUOTE (Darth Exsilum @ Aug 9 2008, 05:35 PM) *

No, not at all.

What a compelling argument you make...Idiot

Wow that's productive - insult someone because they disagree with you rolleyes.gif

I don't mind that he disagrees thats his prerogative, Just backup the statement by saying why...Simply saying no contributes nothing.