Your Top 10 Favorite Games of All Time

Well I was trying to hint at more information being displayed from your perspective. I didn't enjoy FO's combat, I don't like the Hex grid system it uses for a start, and alot of the combat does feel very point blank without any particular need.

So... What's so bad about ToEE's combat in your opinion?

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

One dimensional AI that fcosues on one thing and that's it. ie. Enemies that will go directly towards one character (ie. mages) despite the fact it means giving up AOOs to like 3 other characters. the lack of magic using characters - espicially intelligent ones.. Only spellcaster battle worth anything is the one versus the bandits when you go through the backway of the temple. Otehrwise, bleh. Encounter design overall is just bland lacking creativity.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

1) Baldur's Gate 2-- The most immersive, most complete, and thoroughly enjoyable gaming experience I've ever had. Again and again and again.

2) Europa Universalis II. 400 years of alternate history...anywhere in the world. I wrote a couple stories for it on the old AAR forums as shawng1. Lots of fun. I can't say if this game took more of my life or BG. hehe I never thought I'd like a RTS game...then I played this, and it officially made me say goodbye to Civ2 at last. The absolute perfect game for a history buff like me.

3) Civilzation II. Everything in the series since has been crap compared to the options, replayability, and sheer scope of Civ II.

4) Fallout 2- This one gets the nod for me over the original because although the game isn't as polished, it's scope, ambition, and open-endedness make me play it more.

5) Fallout- Great gameplay, great story, well polished.

6) Baldur's Gate 1- The game that brought be back to D&D and convinced me CRPGs would be fun.

7) NWN- Yeah, the OCs were weak. The original graphics mediocre. I actually took this back the 1st time I bought it. I bought it again 2 years later, and the modding community has kept me busy ever since, so much so I had to become part of it and work on a PW myself.

8 ) Morrowind- Out of the box, a better game than NWN. Though the combat system was weaker. The leveling system not really ideal. The open-ended gameplay kept me busy for hundreds of hours a half dozen times.

9) Europa Uniersalis- Not as advanced as EU2. But with the alterate start options the community added, it was almost as expansive, if not as detailed outside Europe.

10) Knights of the Old Republic-- Cheesy in places? Sure. But a good story, good characters. And a fun game in a great setting.

1. Torment

2. Baldur's Gate 2

3. Thief: The Dark Project

4. Hearts of Iron 2

5. Chrono Trigger

6. Silent Hill 2

7. Alpha Centauri

8. Sacrifice

9. System Shock 2

10. Grim Fandango

Wow, a list of 10 could not possibly contain all of my favourite games... I have to leave out Original War, Starcraft, Unreal Tournament, The Longest Journey, Arcanum, Dawn of War, Vampire: Bloodlines, Red Alert, Half- Life, Mechwarrior 4 (!), Phantasy Star 4, KotOR 2, Civ 2, Homeworld and many more...

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

One dimensional AI that fcosues on one thing and that's it. ie. Enemies that will go directly towards one character (ie. mages) despite the fact it means giving up AOOs to like 3 other characters. the lack of magic using characters - espicially intelligent ones.. Only spellcaster battle worth anything is the one versus the bandits when you go through the backway of the temple. Otehrwise, bleh. Encounter design overall is just bland lacking creativity.

Hmm. Now I'll have to try a play through without spellcasters, just to see how the enemy AI responds. Maybe it will be more balanced ??

I disagree with you (imagine that), there are quite a few memorable and challenging battles in that one game then all the NWN, NWN2, IWD2, KoToR games put together.

My list from the last top-10 thread:

Dungeon Keeper 1

Caesar 3

Diablo 1/2

Baldurs Gate 1

Might & Magic 7

Kotor2

Overlord

Lords of the Realm II

Majesty

Honorable mentions:

Stronghold 1

Tombraider 1

Summoner

Snake Rattle N Roll

At the moment I'd probably replace Overlord with WoW/Burning Crusade...simply because Overlord has very little replay value for me and WoW-BC has sucked up way more hours than Overlord. Something about BC that is a lot more fun than pre-BC WoW. If you're level 70 at least.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No particular order:

Fallout

Fallout 2

Diablo

Diablo 2

Baldur's Gate

Baldur's Gate 2

VtM Bloodlines

Oblivion

Kotor 2

Kotor 1

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

as much as i loved U7, i never actually finished it. my C64 bellied up before i got done

Just to be annoying: Ultima VII was never released on the Commodore 64. The last Ultima released on the C64 was Ultima VI.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

1. Final Fantasy VI(SNES)

2. Baldur's Gate 2(PC)

3. MVP Baseball '05(XBOX)

4. Knights of the Old Republic(XBOX)

5. Castlevania Symphony of the Night(PSX)

6. Super Mario 64(N64)

7. Chrono Trigger(SNES)

8. Heroes of Might & Magic III(PC)

9. Final Fantasy IV(SNES)

10. World of Warcraft(PC)

Overall best games rated on how many mentions (up to Jaesun's post), I didn't bother up making weighted meter with different points value depending on game's number (besides, some didn't put them in any order so it would've been impossible all the same). I took the 5 games that got most mentions:

4. Baldur's Gate 1: 10 entries

4. Fallout 2: 10 entries

3. Planescape Torment: 11 entries

2. Fallout: 12 entries

And the winner is...

1. Baldur's Gate 2: 21 entries

Very tight competition for other spots but BG2 really crushes others :ermm:

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

1. Planescape: Torment

2. Fallout

3. Fallout 2

4. Heroes of Might & Magic II

5. Master of Magic

6. Baldur's Gate II (without Throne of Bhaal)

7. Jagged Alliance 2

8. Diablo

9. Warcraft: Orcs & Humans

10. Civilization 2

Edited by Sammael

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

i didn't like ToB, either, sammael. at least, it didn't measure up to my expectations for the finale nor was it as good as the three preceding games (BG, ToSC, BGII).

oh, i suppose you do still poke your head in here occasionally, eh? :ermm:

taks

comrade taks... just because.

Occasionally, yes. :ermm:

There are no doors in Jefferson that are "special game locked" doors. There are no characters in that game that you can kill that will result in the game ending prematurely.

deus ex

warcraft 3

star control 2

fallout 2

baldurs gate 2

knights of the old republic 1

total annihilation

medieval total war 1

planescape torment

vampire the masquerade: bloodlines

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

In no particular order

1. Baldur's Gate: TotSC

2. Baldur's Gate 2: Throne of Bhaal (but only because of the wild mage kit. Favourite. Class. Ever. The actual story line was... mediocre)

3. Quest for Glory 2: Trial by Fire (the AGDI remake is gettin' close to release apparently, too)

4. Quest for Glory 4: Shadows of Darkness.

5. Fallout

6. Planescape: Torment

7. Icewind Dale + Heart of Winter + Trials of the Luremaster

8. Pool of Radiance: Ruins of -- just kidding. The original one... or any of the other FR Gold Box games, take your pick. Didn't like the Dragonlance ones much.

9. Morrowind

10. Ultima 7 + FoV.

5. Championship Manager 97/98

I bow my head in absolute utter embarassment at forgetting this gem of a series. My favorite version would be 01/02, the last version with the wibble/wobble tactics system. But the series was amazing. The sucessor series, Football Manager, is still too unbalanced for me to get nearly the enjoyment I got out of CM. Easily the best sports sim of all time. One of the best strategy games of all time. And you could even RP in it, since you assumed the manager's persona. Tactics, acquisitions, finances. Bloody brilliant game.

5. Championship Manager 97/98

I bow my head in absolute utter embarassment at forgetting this gem of a series. My favorite version would be 01/02, the last version with the wibble/wobble tactics system. But the series was amazing. The sucessor series, Football Manager, is still too unbalanced for me to get nearly the enjoyment I got out of CM. Easily the best sports sim of all time. One of the best strategy games of all time. And you could even RP in it, since you assumed the manager's persona. Tactics, acquisitions, finances. Bloody brilliant game.

ZOMG, I can't believe I forgot this one. The best CM game ever.

manthing2.jpg

Guest The Architect

I gave it a lot of thought this time, but these would be the 10 games that stood out for me. I've never played the NWN's or the Fallout's, or Planescape, or System Shock 2, or Bloodlines, or Mafia, or Thief 2 {I played some of the first and could include it because what I played of it I really enjoyed, but to include a game in such a list you really need to play the whole lot}, so my list by no means resembles anything close to a stereotypical games favourite games list.

1. Deus Ex

2. KotOR2

3. KotOR

4. Mass Effect

5. GTA IV

6. GTA: Vice City

7. Sonic & Knuckles

8. Donkey Kong Country

9. Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

10. Mortal Kombat: Armageddon

You might think 7-10 are odd choices, I'm sure. My list would probably be different, if I could recall all the games I played in my childhood and the content of them, since that's where the majority of games I enjoyed the most stem from.

Edited by The Architect

And the winner is...

1. Baldur's Gate 2: 21 entries

Very tight competition for other spots but BG2 really crushes others :sorcerer:

I'm not suprised, it really is one of the best games ever made.

Highest score, from online game reviewers, have Diablo 1 as the best game as far as I remember.

Fortune favors the bald.