Your Top 10 Favorite Games of All Time

1. NWN - The total package. Best game ever.

2. MVP 05 - I so wish EA could be making MLB games. I'd totally give up Madden for an EA baseball game. Sweet.

3. NHL 08 - Best hockey game ever. If NHL 09 wasn't coming up, and looking it would be better, it might have even taken over MVP's spot.

4. BG2 - Best epically long game ever. 60-100 hours of pure fun. But, it's dead.

5. FO2 - Best role-playing ever in a game.

6. FF8 - Top FF, and severely undderrated. The graphics are still top notch, and the musical sound track was second to none. Sorry; but it's true.

7. ME - ME > KOTOR.... 'Nough said.

8. Megamania - Nostalgia is a beautiful thing with this ancient 'shooter'.

9. FO1 - Came before FO2... Just a little small.

10. BG1 - The game got me back into computers. Coolio beanios.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Nice thread, jags.

1.Tekken 3 . Boom, kick, bam, boom. And Lei Wulong!

2.NHL 99. After a long, long absence from playing any sort of hockey related games, I fell in love with this series, and can't wait for this years installment

3.Knights Of The Old Republic . I usually can spot a plot twist a mile away. For some reason I was having so much fun playing this that I couldn't see the obvious.

4.Freelancer. Oh, the joy of MP with the Omicron Evils. I sucked at this game, and was probably more of a nuisance to those I was playing with, but at least my commentary was somewhat enjoyable.

5.Spider Man 2:The Movie . Quite simply a great game for any Spiderman fan. GTA engine + webslinging = woot woot

6.Gabriel Knight:Sins OF The Fathers . One of my early days of pc gaming(for me, that is) favorites.

7.Exciting Hour. See Kor spend his weekly allowance as a child back when you could go to an arcade and only get punched in the nose, not stabbed or shot.

8.Excite Bike. Ah, good old Ninetendo

9. the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game. Just as much fun with friends now as it was back then

10.ummm....Pong?

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

1)Civilization 4

2)Planescape: Torment

3)Fallout

4)Europa Universalis 3

5)Suikoden II

6)NWN2(with expansion)

7)Mass Effect

8)Baldurs Gate II

9)Knights of the Old Republic 2

10)Knights of the Old Republic

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

Thief: The Metal Age

Thief: The Dark Project

Deus Ex

System Shock 2

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater*

Silent Hill 3*

Resident Evil Remake*

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Dead Rising**

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines

* I picked my favourite of the respective series, but I love them all.

** New Contender! Beat out Midwinter 2: Flames of Freedom, because as much as I loved that game back in the day it's completely unplayable now.

sweet ass adventure games

A Sierra fan I see. I was more of a Lucasfilm fan.

Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

The Secret of Monkey Island: Lechuck's Revenge

The Secret of Monkey Island

Gabriel Knight 1: Sins of the Father

Labyrinth*

* Mostly nostalgia. My first ever adventure game.

And now that I'm all nostalgic, I also must mention the Amiga game Elf. It's combination of adventure game and platformer was the greatest thing ever, or at least I thought it was at the time.

1. Baldurs Gate II - Shadows of Amn : I've never spent more time playing a game than I have with BG2 - and there are still quest that I haven't discovered and done. This game is legend and the best I've ever played!

2. Sid Meier's Civilizations II : The possibilites were endless, or so it felt at least. I've sacrificed many nights on the alter of Civ 2.

3. Medieval Total War (original) : It combined the best of both turnbased and real time strategy into one cool packet. Shogun was awesome, but Medieval blew me away.

4. Freepace 2 : The story was deep and engaging and you really felt the hopeless struggle. Space was dark and brutal, as it should be.

5. Knights of the Old Republic I : Good story, memorable characters and universe. It did alot of things right and came together so well that it'll be my favorite Star Wars game for a long time to come.

6. Europa Universalis 2 : I took me 6 months to really master this game. Being able to play over 400 years of European history is cool enough, but when it's done as good as this you wonder if all the other game developers are just lazy or if Paradox are just that talented?

7. Neverwinter Nights II - Mask of The Betrayer : NWN 1 and 2 didn't really impress me that much - but for the first time since BG 1 and 2 I felt really immersed and awed by the fantasy setting.

8. The Longest Journey : I don't know why I have so much respect for this game - but the whole mythology and the story just blew me away.

9. Half Life : The story was amazing and the sheer horror of some of those labs were enough to give me nightmares.

10. Galactic Civilizations II - Twilight of The Arnor : It combines my love for Civ-type strategy and space. That merits a place on this list.

-

Man, remembering all these games made me happy. :lol:

Fortune favors the bald.

Mine are...

1. Mass Effect

2. Fallout 1

3. Planescape Torment

4. Fallout 2

5. Ultima 4

6. Baldur's Gate 1

7. Neverwinter Nights 2

8. Ultima 7

9. Baldur's Gate 2

10. Jade Empire

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Hmm...

1. Planescape: Torment

2. Fallout

3. Baldurs Gate II - Shadows of Amn

4. Grim Fandango

5. Deus Ex

6. Anachronox

7. Thief: The Dark Project

8. Half Life 2

9. Final Fantasy VII (it's a nostalgia thing)

10. Freelancer

My brain hurts. :lol:

Edited by Tel Aviv

. . . Regardless of the fact that some of these were buggy...

1. Mass Effect.

2. Arx Fatalis.

3. Dark Messiah.

4. Ultima Underworld.

5. NWN 2.

6. Baldurs Gate 1.

7. Race Driver: Grid.

8. Supreme Commander.

9. Vtm: Bloodlines.

10. The Temple of Elemental Evil.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Baldur's Gate 2

Planescape Torment

Icewind Dale

Madden 1994

Fallout

NWN 2 - Mask Of The Betrayer

Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse

Super Mario 3

Baldur's Gate

MVP 2005

Pretty much the same as it was in April

Baldur's Gate 2 - Most fun I ever had playing a D&D computer game, most fun I never had playing any game!

Planescape Torment - Took forever to finally play it, awesome.

Fallout - Perfection.

Icewind Dale - Old school D&D that took me back to when I first started playing the pnp version.

NFL 2K5 - The best football game ever made. Period. End of story.

Madden 2007 PC - Surpasses all console versions. Franchise mode is deep, coach mode is fun, as is Superstar mode.

MVP 2005 - Still the best baseball game on the market 4 years later. The fan community has kept it alive and well.

NWN 2 - Mask Of The Betrayer. Best game the last few years

Baldur's Gate - Got me hooked on CRPG

Super Mario 3 - Didn't turn off the Nintendo until I finished it. Must have been 4-5 days I left it on.

ToEE but no Fallouts or PS:T? :)

Anyway, my list is quite similar to many others in here

1. Planescape Torment

What can I say... Best art I've encountered in game, fantastic soundtrack, great GUI and by far the best writing I've encountered in game. Puts most of the books I've read to shame. And in my latest playthrough I put the difficulty level as high as possible and lo; most of the time combat was actually fun and I could't just arse myself through it like in most of modern games. Modron Cube battles, some Curst encounters with guards and fighting bunch of raving xaositects were all great fun. If only encounter design would've rocked... So even the weakest aspect, combat, ranges mostly from passable to good.

Best game ever

2. Fallout

The quintessential RPG, nuff said

3. Fallout 2

Nearly as good as the first installment. However some of the designed areas just plain sucked too much (see: Raider Caves) so that gives small edge to considerably shorter (and easier) FO1

4. Deus Ex

Best RPG-FPS hybrid ever

5. System Shock 2

Shodan.

That is all

6. Baldur's Gate 2

GOOD Epicness.

7. NWN2: MotB

Best plot since Planescape Torment. Fantastic narrative and writing. Although still overall too easy provided few very nice combat scenarios.

8. Civ 4

Best Civilization game and that is saying a lot.

9. Metal Gear Solid

the original psone game is still best part of this fantastic series.

10. Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

Great setting + writing, meh combat.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Action:

1) KOTOR 1&2

2) Thief: Deadly Shadows

3) Deus Ex: Invisible War

4) HL2 & episodes

5) Halo 1

6) Return to Castle Wolfenstein

7) Shenmue 2

8 ) Jade Empire

9) Call of Cthulhu: DCotE

10) Brothers in Arms: RtH30

Strategy

1) Combat Mission

2) Medieval: Total War

Don't tell me there are older games which are better, I haven't played them.

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

There are alot better older games you should've played

THERE!

edit:

I've been wanting to play this game for ages

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

1) Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines

2) Resident Evil: REmake

3) Silent Hill

4) Koudelka

5) KotOR

6) Resident Evil 3: Nemesis

7) Persona 2: Eternal Punishment

:) Alpha Centauri

9) ObsCure: Learn about Fear

10) KotOR 2

THERE!

Now that I'm bored with MotB, I think I'll try DX next

I've been wanting to play this game for ages

Apparently the PC version has some game breaking bugs, and there's no official patch, although I've heard there's a user created patch somewhere.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

ToEE but no Fallouts or PS:T? :)

Anyway, my list is quite similar to many others in here

PS:T and Fallout are fun games, but the fact that the combat is quite poor in both these games certainly diminished some enjoyment, they're both classics I can't knock them in that respect, I've just had alot more fun playing ToEE because of the combat, and the fact I have a genuine like for the engine.

ToEE isn't a classic, sure, but I have had more fun with it.

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

I can never answer these questions. I'll tell you everything from Final Fantasy VII to Metal Gear Solid 3 to Ultimate Doom as my favorite game, depending on how much coffee I've drunk, what movie I watched last, what game I'm currently playing, the temperature, and how foggy my memory of the particular games are. Games that may be on my top 10 list in any particular place depending upon various factors when asked:

Final Fantasy IV, VI, and VII

Xenogears

Xenosaga Episode III

Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3

Phantasy Star Online

Ultimate Doom and Doom II

Suikoden I and II, maybe V if I ever make time to complete it

Persona 3: FES

Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal

Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer

FEAR

Half-Life 2

That's 18 games off the top of my head without double checking my library for games I've missed. And if anyone asks me to put them in order, I'll tell them to go jump off a bridge.

Edit: Looking through other's lists, time to add more.

Civilization 4 with expansions

Galactic Civilization II with expansions

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

The Longest Journey (funniest game of all time)

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Did I mention Morrowind?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

THERE!

Now that I'm bored with MotB, I think I'll try DX next

Getting bored with MotB is crime against humanity, tsk :)

Apparently the PC version has some game breaking bugs, and there's no official patch, although I've heard there's a user created patch somewhere.

I too have never heard of this. In finnish mags the original Xbox version got a lot flak due to controls. PC version got on average about 20 points more than Xbox version in 0/100 scale and I'm sure major bugs would've brought that down

It's that time of the month again... :rolleyes:

In slightly chronological (if not entirely accurate) order:

Lords of Midnight

That and it's successor "Doomdarks Revenge" are for me the ultimate hybrid of free roaming exploration, role playing & wargame.

Forbidden Forest

The most athmospheric "Survival" type game I can remember. It is still the only game that can give me goose bumps when fighting it out with Demogorgon.

Elite

Give me a Cobra Mk III and the rest of the galaxy (galaxies) can take a hike.

Nato Commander

My first "real time with pause" strategy game from Microprose (released in 1983, I got a year later).

Ultima IV

The C64 version, mind you. Had way superior sound and music compared to the PC version. My second great experience into the world of crpgs (the first being Temple of Apshai by Epyx)

Mechforce

A Battlemech combat sim. An old shareware program by Ralph Reed and the best of it's kind. Combines roleplaying and tactical combat in a great way. The AI is still able to outwit me every now and then :blush10:

X-Com/UFO Enemy unknown

Got that one for my Amiga when it came out. Awesome squad combat game and enemies that felt like a real menace to humanity. Just listening to those sounds and screams in the dark, when civilians gets butchered...

Fallout

The game that made me retire my Amiga 4000 and join the world of PC gamers (I am such a sellout). Kind of ironic after having ridiculed PC gamers for years for being the source of all evil, dumbed down games and designs that caters for the lowest common denominators. Those PC owners should just lay down and die or buy real computers (Amigas) to use for gaming instead :rolleyes:

Planescape: Torment

I lliked the cover art. I had tried BG before, but didn't really like it. PS:T was love at first sight. It made me buy BG2 unseen when it came out and later I went back and revisited BG again (even completed it). No self respecting fantasy crpg should be without a hot girl with a tail (literally) :wub:

What can change the nature of a man?...

Jagged Alliance 2

Picks up the gauntlet from X-Com and in some ways beats it at it's own game. The kind of game that probably never will be again :sad:

I've probably forgotten some. Maybe the next list :thumbsup:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein