GeForce 9600 GT problem

I am having multiple video problems while trying to play this game with my NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (512 mb) video card.

When i run the test to see if my computer meets the standards to play this game (which there is no doubt in my mind that is should) everything checks out... except my video card... which is strange to me considering its nearly top of the line.. nearly...

it displays somethin like this

Video (yellow circle) Warning NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512mb

Graphics Recommended: ATI Radeon 9200 or better,

NVidia GeForce4 Ti or better (128 MB Vram)

which just seems a bit odd to me because a yellow circle means my video card does not meat the recommended standards... which are much lower than my video cards specs.

And now i have gotten to the part Koriban (forget the name of the planet.. the sith planet) where you venture into the place where Malak had origionaly recruited you... after wondering around in there for a minute or so my computer freezes up, The screen stuck with one picture and the sound playing the sam sound bite over and over and i am forced to facilitate a forced shut down of my computer.

Sorry if this isnt the tech forums but wasnt exactly sure where to post about it and wasnt exactly inclined to go searching all over the internet to find such a place.

Hi there.

We know that KotOR2 fails to recognise newer video cards, and that usually this doesn't pose a problem provided you can still persuade it to install. I'd guess the crash is an unrelated issue. Could you please be a bit more specific about exactly where the crash occurs, and give some more information about your computer, as suggested here.

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

• 2 years later...
I am having multiple video problems while trying to play this game with my NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (512 mb) video card.

When i run the test to see if my computer meets the standards to play this game (which there is no doubt in my mind that is should) everything checks out... except my video card... which is strange to me considering its nearly top of the line.. nearly...

it displays somethin like this

Video (yellow circle) Warning NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT 512mb

Graphics Recommended: ATI Radeon 9200 or better,

NVidia GeForce4 Ti or better (128 MB Vram)

which just seems a bit odd to me because a yellow circle means my video card does not meat the recommended standards... which are much lower than my video cards specs.

And now i have gotten to the part Korriban (forget the name of the planet.. the sith planet) where you venture into the place where Malak had originally recruited you... after wondering around in there for a minute or so my computer freezes up, The screen stuck with one picture and the sound playing the sam sound bite over and over and i am forced to facilitate a forced shut down of my computer.

Sorry if this isnt the tech forums but wasnt exactly sure where to post about it and wasnt exactly inclined to go searching all over the internet to find such a place.

If it really is the video card causing the issue,

When was the last time you upgraded your NVidia drivers?

Also, you might want to upgrade your DirectX files also.

It can also be your sound card. Believe it or not, those can stop a game from running also. Driver updates......

If this still fails, I suggest running the game in a earlier compatibility mode(Im assuming youre running Windows Vista or 7).

Hope this helps.

"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul." - Kreia