Why is there no NWN2 forums here at Obsidian?

Marcus

Because Atari wanted all the NWN forums together in one location, thusly they are all at Bioware's hub.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

"I hope this is not a repeat question."

L0L It is; but it's okay. It's been awhile.

"Which is strange considering that Bioware had nothing to do with the creation of NWN2 and its expansions."

Your comment is strange considering BIO's logo is plastered on all NWN2 stuff. Even stranger is your defintion of 'nothing'.

NWN2 is Obsidian's baby as they are the developers; but BIO most certainly played in a role in it. They're 3rd in importance behind Obsidian, and Atari.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Yeah R00fles and stuff.

I didn't see them demand that the Icewind Dale and PST forums be at Bioware when BiS borrowed the IE egine and resources from Bio.

Bioware's powers that be have an ego these days me thinks.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Did you read Sand's post? It wasn't BIO's choice. It was Atari's.

Plus, BIO had more influence on NWN2 trhen they did either PST or IWD.

And, BIS/Inetrplay were the publisher.

On top of that...

NEWSFLASH: BIO didn't have forums of their own when PST, and IWD were made. L0L

Sand > Dark Raven.

You should have left Sand's post stand as it was all that was needed in this thread.

NEWSFLASH: BIO didn't have forums of their own when PST, and IWD were made. L0L

No WAI! Of course they didn't, they were at BiS/Interplay like it should be. Just like NWN2 should be here.

Atari may have said that, most likely with Bioware's influence to make it happen.

Edited by Dark_Raven

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

BIO didn't have *any* forums when IWD/PST were made. They only got forums when they told Interplay/BIS to go bite themselves.

"Atari may have said that, most likely with Bioware's influence to make it happen."

Yeah, sure, BIO was desperate to have more forums on their site for a game they didn't develop. Must explain why the KOTOR2 forums are at the BIo forums. Oops, oh yeah, theya ren't. HAHAHA!

Another conspiracy theory destroyed.

L0L0L0L0L0LLIP0P

Which is strange considering that Bioware had nothing to do with the creation of NWN2 and its expansions.

It has nothing to do with who developed the game Lil' Miss Raven. It had to do with the publisher, and in this case that publisher being Atari. Atari published the first NWN and the second NWN, and all the expansions there of. It was Atari's choice to have all the NWN forums to be all in one place. A central hub for the entire fanbase can interact, which makes sound business sense. That way if there is a major announcement or a need to get consumer feedback they only need to go to one place.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

If it was Bioware flexing its muscles surely KOTOR 2 would have it's forums over at Bioware aswell. It seems fairly straight forwards that the reason is publisher driven, and based on keeping the community coherant and in a single place so as to avoid a split in the fanbase so to speak...

RS_Silvestri_01.jpg

"I'm a programmer at a games company... REET GOOD!" - Me

Speaking of NWN2 forums, the link on these forums to the MOTB forums at Bioware takes you to the Storm of Zehir forums.

Yeah, NWN 2 forums are just one click away just as everyother sub forum here.

Complaining about it is utterly pointless. Though, Obsidian dealed with moving the boards quite badly. The whole "we didn

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Actually, the PR was handled well. NWN2 was/is successful enough to warrant two sequels so obvious the PR helped. On top of that any PR that makes arrogant forum goers who think eveyrthing is about themc ry, whine, and pout makes me happy and therefore is worth it.

I think you mean 2 expansions, and I hope we have many many more!

I'd say Kirottu's right, considering how we *still* have people comign in here to ask why Bioware is being so evil, etc, etc.

However, if we use Vologic, Kirottu is wrong. :yucky:

"considering how we *still* have people comign in here to ask why Bioware is being so evil, etc, etc."

Good PR - people are still talking about it which means it is being kept in the 'news'. And, NWN2 has/is doing well so it's obviously hasn't hurt the game. Or BIO. Or EA. or Obsidian.

You beast you.

:ermm: