It's official

Walsingham

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotlan...est/7540994.stm

I vaguely follow the judge's logic. But can it really be appropriate to sentence a man to one year out of the pub for murder? The judge stated that him drinking in the pub 'might annoy' her relatives. Like him getting away Scot free (no pun intended) with murdering their relative would be OK.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ok... I am not sure that I agree with the judge in question, although it does seem that the pub, or pubs, were extremely important to this individual - to the point that he killed his wife when she did not give him money for his outings.

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

well, finnish crime rates would come tumbling down after that!

oh right, we drink and fight in our homes

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

He should at least get 25 to life in prison. What the hell?!?!? If he is suffering from dementia then he should be placed in an asylum.

Edited by Sand

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Did you read the news?

It makes perfect sense

(well, not perfect, but sense nonetheless)

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

He should at least get 25 to life in prison. What the hell?!?!? If he is suffering from dementia then he should be placed in an asylum.

I can see the judge's point that the prison system can't cope with a man with dementia. But surely you can't just shrug and push him out onto the streets? I mean, if he's bonkers enough to strangle his own wife he might turn on anyone!

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

meh, he doesn't look so dangerous

I can see the judge's point that the prison system can't cope with a man with dementia. But surely you can't just shrug and push him out onto the streets? I mean, if he's bonkers enough to strangle his own wife he might turn on anyone!

Eh, I don't know about that... the *only* person I've ever been inclined to strangle with my bare hands was my husband...

But, since I don't suffer from dementia, I just got a divorce instead.

Anybody here catch that? All I understood was 'very'.

Not too surprising considering the UK's fairly lax stance on crime and punishment. Dont they realize that if they were to outlaw neckties this type of crime would vanish?

LMAO.

-Elwood Blues

Exactly. An asylum or full care facility that can handle dementia or other mental problems that patients may have would probably be the best place for the bugger.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

From what I read, it sounds as if it wasn't really going ot to kill your wife or going nuts, as much as a combination of hotheadedness, the heat of the moment, dementia and so forth... while it's not the best precedent to set long-term, I can perfectly understand the judge's point that if sent to prison, he would be released quickly. Some of us might feel happy and safe that lots of people are sleeping behind bars for double-digit years, but so many people get released quickly and ridiculously, and it's not like prison makes them any better.

I'm unsure why full care facility/etc was not considered, but we don't have all the details. However, I'm shocked that the man has been visiting the same pub to begin with - that shows a lack of even basic principles and/or full mental faculties.

*shrug* Also, once again a sensational, unrepresentative, unsympathetic headline once again. Why am I not surprised?

I agree that it's not actually justice if or sense to simply push people through a revolving door marked 'prison'. Bu tthen I've watched four seasons of Oz.

-Elwood Blues

That is why you have mandatory minimum sentences. If this guy was in Iowa he would be facing 25 years in prison, mandatory. No getting out in 2 years for good behavior. 25 years, minimum.

meh, he doesn't look so dangerous

:ermm:

It'd be great if that's how the law worked.

It certainly would be. Imagine Gotti in a baby outfit, trying to look sweet.

-Elwood Blues