Favoured Soul going on ...

I'm currently a lvl 6 Favored Soul of the "bust a cap while beefed up variety" on a typical fantasy setting and I was wondering what should I aim for a Prestige Class. Alignment is Neutral Good, stats are Str 18 Dex 12 Con 18 Int 14 Wis 19 Cha 16. Anything else can be added at appropriate levels so it's not a big deal, anyway, open to suggestions.

My main goal is healing/buffing, tanking and dmg dealing where applicable. Spell Level progression is imperative, so I won't settle for a Prestige Class that does not progress spells at each level, dmg dealing is not necessary, party consists of a Bard, a Ranger and a Mage, Fighter is kidnapped lol.

What would your character do?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Like I said, healing/buffing is main my purpose and since Fighter is out of the picture for now, tanking. The rest of the party offers lots of damage so I would be redundant in that aspect. Spells and defense, something like Dwarven Defender with Cleric spells. Yeah, that's kinda abusive but anything even remotely like that would be great. Also, I'm Human Male so that's another limitation but I'm sure that my DM would be able to make some house rule changes where applicable. I didn't find anything that I like in Complete Divine but if someone could enlighten me if I missed something there, go right ahead, I'm listening. Thanks in advance.

I'm not having a ago at you, because it's so weasy to slip int othat way of thinking. but this isn't a team sprt. It's roleplaying. It's about moving into another life, another person. Maybe they want to give up spellslinging, and become a bongo player? A chef? A politician? What do you think?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Basically, they are mostly evil with a lust for power, I was assigned to them by the quest giver for the healing abilities of my class, I am just their tag along, you may say. Despite my low intelligence, I may have 14 but there are chars that already have 20 or more because of magical items, I am also very useful in extracting information diplomatically, without bloodshed or manipulation . They keep me and use me for as long as I am efficient. I don't think any of them are all that nice. And here I am pouring the very essence of my God for them *sigh*

I haven't left them because I was assigned to them by my Lord and I basically put up with them, their deeds usually aren't all that evil. One of them paid a family 10 GP to spend a night at their house without doing anything and we gave 70 GP to an innkeeper for damaging a door and another 70 GP to a citizen to keep watch and report to us if anything weird happened or if he saw two certain individuals. We could all kill, bluff and intimidate our way into or out of those things but we didn't, so helping others make a healthy profit while we could make things messier is a good thing I guess.

You are taking things way too RP in this simple question. This is d&d 3.5E, you should already know that RP has gone to hell with that >< which is why I prefer good ol' 2E

Finally the message gets through. :) I see what you mean. However, particularly given your role as human skillz monkey it could be funny if you started bringing in more of the human to your role. A heartfelt urge to get some decent slippers, an inability to shave properly, sneaking pomanders into their boots at night for the smell.

As for firepower, you'd have to ask these good gents. I don't know the system outside of computer RPGs. :)

-Elwood Blues

Finally the message gets through. :lol: I see what you mean. However, particularly given your role as human skillz monkey it could be funny if you started bringing in more of the human to your role. A heartfelt urge to get some decent slippers, an inability to shave properly, sneaking pomanders into their boots at night for the smell.

As for firepower, you'd have to ask these good gents. I don't know the system outside of computer RPGs. o:)

Oh trust me, when I try to play a role, being goody two shoes or party prankster or anything I usually get a stiff, sharp "dude, stfu and lets get on with the story". Oh how I long for my old adventuring days! Call of Cthullu, now THAT required personality! I spent 99% of the time making no sense and being insane, the GM loved me xD

I usually get a stiff, sharp "dude, stfu and lets get on with the story". Oh how I long for my old adventuring days!

What charming companions you have. It must go hard for a continental gentleman of your learning. *monocle and pipe smiley*

-Elwood Blues

What charming companions you have. It must go hard for a continental gentleman of your learning. *monocle and pipe smiley*

Eh, yes, quite. But serving in the military (which is obligatory in my country) and therefore not having any PnP experience for 2 years, you learn to compromise.

I dont know of too many prcs that scream favored soul.

but here is a list on what will work in theory:

divine crusader

mystic wanderer

divine disciple

divine agent

divine oracle

Are any of these even in the Complete Divine rulebook? Anyway, a good prestige class for a cleric is also good for a Favored Soul, but I've yet to see one worth for either. :S

Are more info on your suggestions available on the internet?

I dont know of too many prcs that scream favored soul.

but here is a list on what will work in theory:

divine crusader

mystic wanderer

divine disciple

divine agent

divine oracle

Are any of these even in the Complete Divine rulebook? Anyway, a good prestige class for a cleric is also good for a Favored Soul, but I've yet to see one worth for either. :S

Are more info on your suggestions available on the internet?

divine crusader, and Divine oracle are.

divine agent is in one manual of the planes or what ever the 3.5 update was.

mystic wanderer is in magic of faerun.( it has an ability that grants a cha bonus to ac)

divine disciple is in the players guide to faerun for 3.5, and the frcs for 3.0.

alignment??

favored soul <> dreadmaster of bane which is in faiths and pantheons

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

Like I said I am a Neutral Good lvl 6 Favored Soul

Attributes:

Str 18

Dex 12

Con 18

Int 14

Wis 19

Cha 16

Feats and skill can be adjusted at proper levels so that's not a problem.

well

complete divine:

contemplative

divine crusader

divine oracle

out of manual of the planes:

divine agent

cha isnt really high enough to warrant mystic wanderer .....

Edited by steelfiredragon

Strength through Mercy

Head Torturor of the Cult of the Anti-gnome

I reject Divine Crusader because he hampers my spell progression and it is all Charisma based, I will need Charisma 19 to cast 9th lvl spells, sucks. Contemplative seems good and so does Divine Oracle, maybe I can choose both :D Divine agent also rejected for lack of good spell progression. Thanks, you've been really helpful. I don't understand why I hadn't noticed them before? I like the Contemplative's abilities, Magic Resistance, Agelessness and that Mystic Union ... wow! That's badass! The Divine Oracle gets Prescience Bonus and Immune to Surprise! I can't be surprised! Screw your surprise party, I knew about it all along! xD

Thanks for the help guys! I'm going for both of these!

Edited by SirPetrakus

A happy ending!

-Elwood Blues