what most interested you?

KotOR 2  

33 members have voted

1. 1. what interested you the most in KotOR 2?

• the main story
    • the characters
    • the enemies
    • the weapons
    • the star wars species
    • combat
    • exploring
    • the force powers
    • backround story/history
    • making choices to effect the story
  2. 2. what interested you the 2nd most in KotOR 2?

• the main story
    • the characters
    • the enemies
    • the weapons
    • the star wars species
    • combat
    • exploring
    • the force powers
  3. 3. 3rd most?

• the main story
    • the characters
    • the enemies
    • the weapons
    • the star wars species
    • combat
    • exploring
    • the force powers

so what did you like most about KotOR 2? personally i love games with a good story and good twists(unfortunately i found it a little predictable but even so the story was sill amazing). I also love making choices that alter the game and when a game has history that explains in depth (if you pay attention) how and why what is happening is happening. the things i didn't like however were the lack of exploration, certain parts of the story missing and the odd glitch. i still think that a great job was done in making KotOR 2, it just needed a little more time to really be finished. ;)

A certain annoying, pathetic, furry, purple dinosaur should be:

1. Held up as a loving role model for children

What i enjoyed the most was the fact that this is probably the darkest storyline out of all the Star Wars stories. I also liked the way it examined the Sith a little more explaining what caused them to fall and what drives them. There is also a great sense of secrecy and mystery maintained throughout the game and even held at the end which fits the title "The Sith Lords" perfectly. The characters were all fantastic especially Kreia, although the Exile's character seemed a little clich

What i enjoyed the most was the fact that this is probably the darkest storyline out of all the Star Wars stories. I also liked the way it examined the Sith a little more explaining what caused them to fall and what drives them. There is also a great sense of secrecy and mystery maintained throughout the game and even held at the end which fits the title "The Sith Lords" perfectly. The characters were all fantastic especially Kreia, although the Exile's character seemed a little clich

no one like the weapons, species or force powers?

They're nice, but they're just window-dressing.

If we cared all that much about that stuff, we'd all be playing MMOs for the cool gadgets instead of sitting around here hoping for KotOR3. Liking KotOR means liking plot and character depth. Honestly, I really don't care that much about the buff crystals in my lightsaber. They're nice, sure, but I can't even be bothered to use KSE to try them all out. But I love it when Kreia says, "It is such a quiet thing to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." Just thinking about it almost makes me shiver.

All that stats are is just icing on the cake. But if you take the cake away, what remains will make you sick.

no one like the weapons, species or force powers?

They're nice, but they're just window-dressing.

If we cared all that much about that stuff, we'd all be playing MMOs for the cool gadgets instead of sitting around here hoping for KotOR3. Liking KotOR means liking plot and character depth. Honestly, I really don't care that much about the buff crystals in my lightsaber. They're nice, sure, but I can't even be bothered to use KSE to try them all out. But I love it when Kreia says, "It is such a quiet thing to fall. But far more terrible is to admit it." Just thinking about it almost makes me shiver.

All that stats are is just icing on the cake. But if you take the cake away, what remains will make you sick.

well said

I personally love the combat system as much as the alterable storyline. Customizing your character to reflect their personality in battle is a huge plus for me. I especially loved the addition of the 7 saber styles in K2. The sky's the limit with options and you can really personalize your Exile in ways that actually make a difference in battle (I'm a Makashi fan myself :) ).

As a fan of the actual fighting in K2 though my biggest disappointment was the enemy AI. It's just really, really terrible. Even with the Improved AI mod I find it lacking. If Sion or Nihilus ever used Master Speed/Master Fury etc. their fights would be so much more challenging, like they really should be. Sadly there are no really difficult encounters in this game once you really know how to properly build your character, which I feel takes away from the epic feel of the events. Malak wasn't particularly hard in K1 either, but at least the battle with him lasted longer than any in K2. Nihilus especially was such a huge let down.

The Characters make the game for me. Or at least they would have if some of the cut content made it into the game. I loved KotOR I because you could do all the side quests and really get to know your companions better. I liked KotOR II a lot but I think the characters were a bit bland (excluding Kreia).

I also liked the combat but I'll agree with what was said earlier about the Nihilus fight being a little bit of a let down.

The force powers were nice but, honestly, I only use a handful during the game. Heal, Force Storm, and occasionally Stasis are the pretty much the only ones I use.

Meh.. don't ask me questions that are going to make me analyze it. :) I don't really know what I like most about KotOR 2. All of it, I guess. The story is always the most important part of ANY game for me, but characters are what make RPGs great. And the fact that it's all Star Wars seals the deal.

So yeah, I don't know. I'd like to vote in the poll, but I really can't pick. :aiee:

legoK2.jpg

Check out my KOTOR fan vids on YouTube. And no, they're not of legos.

The characters, in particular Kreia and Atton, and their personal histories and how these are revealed and how they impact upon the story. The whole thing works together so well. Apart from the end, of course. :rolleyes:

"An electric puddle is not what I need right now." (Nina Kalenkov)

The characters, in particular Kreia and Atton, and their personal histories and how these are revealed and how they impact upon the story. The whole thing works together so well. Apart from the end, of course. :sorcerer:

Agreed. The plot is wonderful, but the storytelling of it takes a huge turn to the left just as you meet the masters on Dantooine and enter the endgame, meaning that the essential points about Kreia and Exile are not explained well the first time you play. The subsequent confrontations with Atris and Nihilus are done well enough, but that still leaves the Exile's special bond with the force somewhat unclear as well as Kreia's real goals. And Malachor V is one long, boring walk through the graphics and baddies all the way to Traya, who still doesn't manage to explain it all well. The plot is there - all the details you need to grasp it - but you won't catch on until you replace once or twice. As storytelling goes, that's not so good, especially in a CRPG like TSL, where the plot is the strongest point.

Well, let's see...

Combat system?

SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS

Animations were so nice though I could stand it.

Force powers

Tied to combat system. Powers themselves are nice but apart from Dominate Mind strictly combat related in nature and as that system was abhorrent, dumbed down D20...

Animations were - with these too - great

Still minus points to gameplay

the star wars species

lolwut? They're there for the sake of setting and they were mainly the typical rodians etc. Nothing special

the enemies

combat system sucks and encounter design was plain boring

Nothing good to say about this

the weapons

Ehh lightsabers are always cool

But as combat system sucked and weapons are horribly inbalanced yet more minus points

exploring

WHAT exploring?

When I think of exploring in roleplaying games I think off games like Baldur's Gates 1 & 2 or Fallouts. There is no real "exploring" in Kotors.

-------------------------------------------------

Then Good Things:

4. I accidentally voted backstory as 3rd best aspect but that was ment to be 4th

It was great and division between it and "main story" seems bit arbitary

3. making choices

it's all about roleplaying baby! Kotors aren't exactly The Games to look for if searching for great C&C - such would be Fallouts, Planescape Torment, Arcanum and MotB to name few - but Kotor 2 did nicely.

2. The Main Story

It's no Planescape Torment or Mask of the Betrayer for sure, but it was definetly good. Though most of it was just backstory tbh

1. The Characters

What Kotor 2 did Really ****ing Well was characters with big C. If you discount Planescape Torment's cast (also from pen of Mr Avellone) and some MotB and Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines characters no other game has had quite as great cast of characters.

Kreia herself is of course the queen, but complex characters such as Handmaiden or Visas Marr or Atton are awesome on their own right. Only game with stronger cast of characters is PS:T with Ravel, Dak'kon, Annah, Nodrom, Morte and of course The Nameless One and his various incarnations (of course there are some others as well) thriumphing over any other game... Though I have to say Kreia is even better than any single character in PS:T's cast!

Story's and gameplay's shortcomings are forgiven for the awesome writing and roleplaying. And that is something I can't say about K1.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)