Okay, need some help

I used this to ask for help elsewhere, but no one responded, so your help would be great ;)

So I recently bought this game, but I haven't played it yet. It doesn't want to start. I install the game, update it and click on the "Game" button. The screen goes black, and then I'm looking at an extremely zoomed in view of my desktop. I then have to end the program due to the fact it's not responding, and then my desktop goes back to normal. I've reinstalled it many times, but it doesn't work. All my specs meet what is recommended, except my RAM which 504MB, and my Video card which is "Mobil Intel 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express Chipset Family 128MB" As I'm sure you can guess, I have no idea what that means. It meets the minimum. I know my way around a computer, but I don't know about any of this technical stuff.

So I need some help. Although, I think I know what my problem is: I'm on a laptop. Is that why? I just want to play this game. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

System specs:

Processor: Intel Pentium M Processor 1.73GHz

Memory: 502MB

Page File: 523MB used, 705MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Display Device:

Mobil Intel 915GM/GMS, 910GML Express

DAC Type: Internal

Approx. Total Memory: 128.0MB

Hope that's all you need to help me.

I would change the resolution first if I were you (use the configure button to do this) set it to the lowest and work your way up. If that fails I suspect it is because your on a laptop. Laptops can run the game (I have both games on my laptop) but your need to have a really good laptop as the graphics cards in them can have the same specs as their PC counter parts but not the performance capabilities. You could swap your graphics card if your good with hardware I use ATI graphics if that helps. Failing THAT I suspect it's an executable error (KotOR is RIDDLED with these). Looking at your graphics card specs I think that's your problem. The strange thing with gaming on laptops is you need a more powerful unit than you would normally need in comparative terms to a standard PC (basically a PC and Laptop could have the same specs but the laptop wouldn't run the game). Hope this helps and hopefully the resolution change will work but I think you've had it mate- Sorry!

Nah, the resolution didn't change anything, and I can't really be bothered with changing the hardware and stuff. Knowing me, I'd probably end up breaking the laptop altogether. Oh well, I guess I was never meant to play this game on PC, Xbox will just have to do. Thanks for the reply anyway, I'll remember your advice.

Ah... another intel problem, I hope someone including myself can figure out a solution, to bad i dont have an intel to mess with..

It's nothing to do with the fact that it is intel hardware/software it's simply that they haven't met the necessary system requirements. And if it were because it was intel technology you would have to write new drivers- which is not easy I assure you.