guns again

firing the weapons felt extremely solid, with just a perfect amount of recoil and punch per shot. The weapons are fully customizable, so Alpha Protocol boasts a wide variety of firepower you can carry with you.

I need more details so I can bitch about them.

They have a special weapon called the "Fatman" that fires mini-nukes.

Oh wait, wrong game.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

You have an ability that lets you spray ridiculous amounts of bullets around.

Now imagine if it worked with every weapon (including snipers, rockets and shotguns).

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

They are all water guns.

This was confirmed by Xard a while back if I remember correctly.

HUR HUR YEAH LET'S PRETEND I DIDN'T READ THE LONG EXPLANATIONS AND MISINTERPRET AND SIMPLIFY WHAT XARD'S TOPIC WAS ABOUT FOR LULZ YEAH ASDASDafasgasg

You're so witty Cycloneman

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

HUR HUR YEAH LET'S PRETEND I DIDN'T READ THE LONG EXPLANATIONS AND MISINTERPRET AND SIMPLIFY WHAT XARD'S TOPIC WAS ABOUT FOR LULZ YEAH ASDASDafasgasg

You said it:

This part of your response is what I call logical leap. Have you played games with unlimited ammo minus Mass Effect? Believe me, guns are toys in such games. In one James Bond game for PS2 there's one pistol with unlimited ammo

It is basically water pistol

What's the implication here, other than that it's going to be a water pistol?

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

You tell me

****ing stupidest design decision since NWN2's no permadeath. Or forced party members. Or the Orc Caves. Or the Warehouse. Or the mostly stupid plot. Or the romances. Or Grobnar. Or extreme linearity.

Now that I think about it, what the **** were you thinking when designing NWN2 OC?

You said it:

This part of your response is what I call logical leap. Have you played games with unlimited ammo minus Mass Effect? Believe me, guns are toys in such games. In one James Bond game for PS2 there's one pistol with unlimited ammo

And if you had any capabilities in reading you'd noticed I talked about one pistol in James Bond game - IIRC it is first one we get - that is like water pistol when it comes to firepower.

That doesn't mean I think all weapons will be of that level of firepower.

You're still misinterpretin' and simplifying the petition but never mind that, you already made parody of it.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

You said it:

And if you had any capabilities in reading you'd noticed I talked about one pistol in James Bond game - IIRC it is first one we get - that is like water pistol when it comes to firepower.

That doesn't mean I think all weapons will be of that level of firepower.

You're still misinterpretin' and simplifying the petition but never mind that, you already made parody of it.

And if you had any capabilities at reading comprehension, you'd have noticed this:

Believe me, guns are toys in [games with unlimited ammo minus Mass Effect].

Hmm... AP is a game with unlimited ammo which isn't Mass Effect. What could it possibly mean?

I don't post if I don't have anything to say, which I guess makes me better than the rest of your so-called "community." 8)

Since I haven't played AP - and since other comments, previews etc. have changed my negativity to overall very positive when it comes to combat mechanics - I can't say for sure.

At that point (and really, still) I could/can only work on basis what I've previously witnessed.

Yes, you have unlimited ammo with your weapons. Basically they didn't want ammo management to be a part of their game, and you should simply assume that Thorton brings enough ammo to do the job. So think of it as simply having "enough" ammo and not infinite ammo. It will only feel game-breaking if you suck at aiming and shoot at people for hours and if there are infinitely spawning enemies, which is likely not the case. Since the game is broken up into missions rather than a continuous experience like most shooters, I don't think it's unreasonable for Thorton to have several hundred rounds for whatever weapons that he chooses to take with him.

However, if we have infinite grenades or rockets, that will certainly feel a little cheap. Infinite sniper ammo could feel cheap but I don't think there will be enough sniping opportunities for us to really feel like we have infinite ammo.

Unlimited ammo = me, standing around like a moron trying to make smiley faces on everything with bullet holes. I hate my OCD :(

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yes, you have unlimited ammo with your weapons. Basically they didn't want ammo management to be a part of their game, and you should simply assume that Thorton brings enough ammo to do the job. So think of it as simply having "enough" ammo and not infinite ammo. It will only feel game-breaking if you suck at aiming and shoot at people for hours and if there are infinitely spawning enemies, which is likely not the case. Since the game is broken up into missions rather than a continuous experience like most shooters, I don't think it's unreasonable for Thorton to have several hundred rounds for whatever weapons that he chooses to take with him.

However, if we have infinite grenades or rockets, that will certainly feel a little cheap. Infinite sniper ammo could feel cheap but I don't think there will be enough sniping opportunities for us to really feel like we have infinite ammo.

What I'm thinking is they'll give you a set amount of grenades each mission (or no grenades at all) and "special" weapons like sniper rifles or RPGs get either limited ammo or use only within their own area or minigame (like a stationary turret in any other game).

Besides, if I recall correctly, the unlimited ammo was said not to apply across the board, just to most weapons.

I hate my OCD :ermm:

you should read Jeffrey M Schwartz's Brainlock

I'm pretty sure we'll still have to reload.

I make drawings out of craters with the helicopter in Bad Company.

Hehehe.