DO NOT buy a new Geforce 8800GT

samm

Man, ramen is soo off topic! But as I really like these cheap noodle soups as the saviour from starvation after having forgotten to eat because of work or PC gaming, I won't complain.

Still, what is a ramen put?

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

ahhh... i got the ramen part since i was a college student once, ya know. but the "put" had me cornfused.

we have a restaurant called noodles here in colorado (seen them elsewhere, too). good stuff.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

had noodles for lunch today, as a matter of fact. my son had the wisconsin mac and cheese (three different cheeses with cream) and i had the thai curry noodles with shrimp and a cucumber tomato salad with red onions on top. very good.

no ramen pot attached, and there was no discussion of video cards, either.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

• 1 month later...

Overview of current marketing scams, part 2: on 3DCenter (german, google translation, but note that "X percent power loss for the same price cut" is a very misleading 'translation' as it actually means "X percent less in performance for the same average price")

Edited by samm

Yeah, already happened with very old Radeon-Generations (8500LE -> 9100) but what really surprises me is how in some of the current nVidia cases, they don't even get 'downgraded' when put into a new generation see 8800GT -> 9800GT, 8800GTS 512 -> 9800GTX, and now the same chips get ported again into the current generation *shakes his head*

Ah well, still better than the manufacturers who release crippled versions of cards.

Edited by samm