The Music Thread

Gorth

Guns N Roses - Welcome to the Jungle

moar guitar epicness

hmm, this is it. I shall make and burn album cleverly named GUITAR EPICZ

then you must include Joe Satriani - something from surfing/alien

a little SRV , Eric Johnson - cliffs of dover, something by Ritchie Blackmore, Eric Clapton, BB King, Zakk Wylde, a little Eddie VH- Eruption comes to mind, better make it a double album .... Jimmy Page, Fast Eddie Clark, ohhhh we could go on lol

fastway - fastway (entire cd)

yeah, as you might've noticed since I didn't make any other mentions on it I gave up on the idea :p

Well, it already managed to have:

David Gilmour/Pink Floyd*:

Dogs

Sheep

Coming Back to Life

Money

Run Like Hell (preferrably Live version)

And from his solo material:

Take A Breath

Jimi Hendrix:

Fire

All Along the Watchtower

Voodoo Child (THE GREATEST GUITAR SONG EVER)

Little Wing

Freedom

Purple Haze

Night Bird Flying

Crosstown Traffic

Manic Depression

Highway Chile

Machine Gun

From George Harrison/The Beatles

I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Pixies/Joey Santiago:

Debaser

Wave of Mutilation

Number 13. Baby

Dead

From Frank Black:

Ole Mulholland

Freedom Rock

From Slash/GNR:

Welcome to the Jungle

Sweet Child O Mine

Eric Clapton/Whatever band he plays in;

Layla

Sunshine Of Your Love

This was as far as I got before I realized the idea was utter madness (and I hadn't got on to Van Halen, Jimmy Page et al AT ALL yet!!!!) :lol:

Anyway:

Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe

*I didn't want to include Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Comfortably Numb, Echoes etc. other Gilmour's guitar skills masterpieces like those because they would've breaken the mood by being so goddamn beautiful instead of RAWWR LETS RAWK

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

hmm, this is it. I shall make and burn album cleverly named GUITAR EPICZ

Better to call it "Jr. High Senzibilitiez!!1!" since your track list and posting best resembles what most of my friends were "discovering" about that time. Be sure to sprinkle in some Metallica and Misfits for "depth"

Propagandhi ~ Nation States

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Be sure to sprinkle in some Metallica and Misfits for "depth"
:lol: Yeah, totally...

not

This Ascension - Mysterium (the whole album "Sever" actually)

Edited by samm

Citizen of a country with a racist, hypocritical majority

Better to call it "Jr. High Senzibilitiez!!1!" since your track list and posting best resembles what most of my friends were "discovering" about that time. Be sure to sprinkle in some Metallica and Misfits for "depth"

egad, I lol'd :lol::p:lol:

No Metallica 4 my guitar epics

Well, maybe Enter Sandman but only that.

Less stuff after 70's on my guitarz list the better.

Heck, how could I forgot Fripp/King Crimon's Red? It's best rock instrumental ever!

Jeff Beck - A Day In Life

edit: also some Mark Knoppfler/Dire Straits.

...as I said, horrible job.

Edited by Xard

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

Deer in the Headlights ~ Its Gettin' Easy

Is nice

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

ac/dc - misc tracks from all albums ...... can't wait for their new album to be released 8 years is too long to wait for new music from a band

heard one track Rock n Roll Train (i think it's called) sounds pretty good hope the rest of the album rocks lol it's ac/dc of course it's gonna rock

Cream - Strange Brew

guns n roses - appetite for destruction (entire cd)

what a coincidence

jimi hendrix experience - axis: bold as love

damn xard got me going through my oldies now .... can't wait to get motorheads new album motorizer, also candlebox's new album ... thirst for some new music

even if it's from bands that have been around for awhile. my collection is well over two thousand cds now, and always adding

and this is not even all of them

post-498-1220417158_thumb.jpg

Haha, I probably don't even own one tenth of your CDs...

Btw, what do you do against degradation of the discs with their age?

Covenant - Leviathan

Edited by samm

Metallica - The End of the Line

As someone who was quite the fan of Metallica in my younger years, this new album is a rather nice surprise. I really wasn't expecting much, but it's actually quite good stuff. Much more ambitious than their latest offerings.

Much better than I thought.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Btw, what do you do against degradation of the discs with their age?

I rip to the computer and never play 'em .... in my early days, when i did play them alot , never thought about saving 'em. i have cd's that are 20+ years old and they play fine. so i really just let them age. plus they are in a smoke free enviroment. (20 years i think i got my moneys worth, but then i have vynyl that is close to 30+ years that play like new ..... probably because I never use them either lol)

willie dixon - chess box collection (entire cd set)

I once heard they tend to lose their reflectiveness due to oxidation of the aluminium layer or something like that. But sure, ripping them and trasferring them on PC change is a good way to preserve / back up the data :brows:

Agathodaimon - Past Shadows

Metallica - The End of the Line

As someone who was quite the fan of Metallica in my younger years, this new album is a rather nice surprise. I really wasn't expecting much, but it's actually quite good stuff. Much more ambitious than their latest offerings.

Much better than I thought.

Yeah, it's not bad. Not bad at all. It's like a combination of the good stuff from their career. After the abomination that was St. Anger I expected poop, but I was pleasantly surprised. Still, it's no Master of Puppets or even Black Album.

Metallica - Suicide & Redemption

I never liked the Black Album that much so I think this album might surpass that for me. But yeah, while ambitious, this album doesn't approach the best songs they've written though. It's a damn good effort for the most part at any rate.

I've also seen a lot of people who feel that this album is a sort of forced return to their older stuff, but I think it feels pretty organic actually.

I can't stand how it's mixed though. Way to loud and completely lacking dynamics, it seems to distort quite a bit as well.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy